Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Better than The Dance version?
For me, I wouldn't say I like it better. Well, I do, but that's probably just because it wasn't released. If it was released and the other one wasn't, I'd probably say I liked the Dance. But the mood is so different. Not just the tempo, but the meaning. One is almost camp and the other is sparse, spare, more gutteral. More serious than fun. It really puts me in mind of urges (yeah, maybe demons) being restrained.

Michele
Old 10-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Ok, since I'm still a rookie at this iPod thing, I just got most of my Lindsey CDs loaded onto my iPod within the last couple of weeks...haven't gotten to the originally leaked GOS tunes yet...so here's my "first run through" of my "Best Of Lindsey Buckingham" playlist (more to come as I tweak it in the next few weeks):

Don't Look Down (with intro)
Trouble
Under The Skin
Bwana
Gift Of Screws
Loving Cup
Great Day
Wrong
Go Insane (original)
Bel Air Rain
Play In The Rain
You Do Or You Don't
Shadow Of The West
Wait For You
Countdown
The Right Place To Fade
Show You How
Love Runs Deeper
Try For The Sun
All My Sorrows
Down On Rodeo
This Nearly Was Mine/Say We'll Meet Again

Share yours!
Well this is a revelatory listen. Thank you for sharing your ears, chili. Three things of note: 1) this tracklisting made certain songs stand out in ways they never have for me before, such as Play In The Rain, Great Day, Wrong, You Do or You Don't, and even Under the Skin; 2) this ordering also really makes me hear Lindsey's guitar playing differently which probably speaks to the type of guitar playing that interests chiliD; 3) both 1 & 2 speak to the realization that Lindsey's albums are full of great beauty and great songs, but that, for me, the albums tend to lack the variety that allows the songs to stand out and for their consistencies to be discovered with pleasure/surprise. You know: the qualities that distinguish Fleetwood Mac, Rumours, Tusk, and Say You Will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
For me, I wouldn't say I like it better. Well, I do, but that's probably just because it wasn't released. If it was released and the other one wasn't, I'd probably say I liked the Dance. But the mood is so different. Not just the tempo, but the meaning. One is almost camp and the other is sparse, spare, more gutteral. More serious than fun. It really puts me in mind of urges (yeah, maybe demons) being restrained.

Michele
Well it's hard really to judge because the studio version of My Little Demon that I heard was of such poor quality that I can't even really imagine what kind of impression its weirdness would make after proper production. I just found it unpleasant. As for The Dance version, I don't think it's campy at all. But right now, in my memory, it's getting all mixed up with the Unleashed tour's rendition of I Know I'm Not Wrong.

My kingdom for a live CD. Will it happen?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-15-2009 at 08:08 AM..
Old 10-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Better than The Dance version?
Not necessarily "better", just "different".
Old 10-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Not necessarily "better", just "different".
I must have missed this some where a long the way. There's a studio version of My Little Demon floating around?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I must have missed this some where a long the way. There's a studio version of My Little Demon floating around?
Not a "finished" one...but a couple of different "demo" versions. One very sparse with the banjo as the lead instrument...and another one that is fairly similar to The Dance version with slight arrangement differences.