The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't see what her big issue is with recording with FM, after all, she does only vocals, and doesn't have to be locked away in a studio with Lindsey for months on end. Be an artist, be good to your fans.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I really don't see what her big issue is with recording with FM, after all, she does only vocals, and doesn't have to be locked away in a studio with Lindsey for months on end. Be an artist, be good to your fans.
Oh she will be when she uses the money from this latest cash grab oldies jukebox tour to finance her new solo album with Dave.She and Lindsey created some of the most sublime music ever in the pop/rock idiom but their musical partnership seems to have run it's creative course .Sad to say.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They jumped her. Mick was giving interviews and bad-mouthing stevie, trying to get her to quit promoting her solo album. Then she goes to meet with them and finds out they recorded a bunch of songs and are like get with program. She fealt bullied. How would you feel?

She doesn't want to do an album. She wants to get that Buckingham/Nicks album out and then go back to recording with Dave. She enjoys working with Dave and likes the results.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
They jumped her. Mick was giving interviews and bad-mouthing stevie, trying to get her to quit promoting her solo album. Then she goes to meet with them and finds out they recorded a bunch of songs and are like get with program. She fealt bullied. How would you feel?

She doesn't want to do an album. She wants to get that Buckingham/Nicks album out and then go back to recording with Dave. She enjoys working with Dave and likes the results.
She can feel bullied all she wants - then why doesn't she simply refuse to tour, rather than refusing to record. That hits them where it hurts, it would seem.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She can feel bullied all she wants - then why doesn't she simply refuse to tour, rather than refusing to record. That hits them where it hurts, it would seem.
Because she wants to tour.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Because she wants to tour.
She freely admits that her accountants/managers/lawyers are the ones dictating she tour so exhaustively these days.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
She freely admits that her accountants/managers/lawyers are the ones dictating she tour so exhaustively these days.
I haven't heard her say that. I've heard her say she likes to be on the road.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think that was true for the 7 or 8 years she wasn't putting out any new material - that they told her that she needed to tour because she could still sell tickets etc and that that was where the most money was.

But I'm not sure how that all stands today. I mean, I'm sure they would like for her to be bringing in money which she generally does by touring.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's their boss! How can they dictate what she wants to do? We all know that Stevie not about to do what Stevie doesn't want to do.

Quote:
Old 12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't know she'd ever said that. I've just heard her say that with Chris, for instance, they have the same management and that's how they got the idea to tour together. We all know that that she toured with Rod for money, but she never said management told her to do it.

She did say that management told her there was no reason to release another solo album after TISL though.

Michele
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, Stevie finally copped to this is a few interviews during the In Your Dreams era and was even more blunt during her IYD doc Q&A's this fall.

Basically after the SYW tour wrapped in 04', Stevie planned to go back in the studio to record another solo record in 05', going back and forth (between FM project to solo) like she'd always done since Bella Donna. But much to our displeasure we've come to discover that not only her management discouraged her to record, but also music executives & industry people convinced her the recording industry (specifically piracy) was in such a state of disarray and that she'd only be hurt and discouraged by the outcome of recordings diminishing returns. Basically "they" said she should continue touring, because that's where the money is, while she still was a marquee concert selling solo artists. So unfortunately, as we all know, she conceded, and didn't fight back against this advice.

So essentially from 05' through 09' this was Stevie mindset, until she wrote "Moonlight" towards the end of the "Unleashed" tour, which thankfully was the creative catalyst from which Stevie decided it was time to record again. Music Industry politics & piracy be damned! Claiming that she wasn't going to be deterred whether the record sold well or not.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Um, they are right! You can't make money off recorded music unless you can push multi million units & that will never happen for them again.
And, she does love the road. And, she does love the money & the luxury. I don't know why everyone's upset that they want to make money. This is their job! And it's always been their job. Why do ya'll think they busted their butts in the early days? They wanted to make it big - so they could afford to keep doing it! I'm glad. I would love their lifestyle too. It's nice!

Last edited by CADreaming; 12-10-2012 at 05:06 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
^Um, they are right! You can't make money off recorded music unless you can push multi million units & that will never happen for them again.
And, she does love the road. And, she does love the money & the luxury. I don't know why everyone's upset that they want to make money. This is their job! And it's always been their job. Why do ya'll think they busted their butts in the early days? They wanted to make it big - so they could afford to keep doing it! I'm glad. I would love their lifestyle too. It's nice!
Exactly! This isn't their hobby... They have families and beautiful new houses to pay for I gladly fork over the little I have because their music gives me lots of joy! I don't begrudge them for all the success they've had, whether that be monetarily or otherwise.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this moment I am very pissed off at Stevie. I just got the newest issue of Rolling Stone. I was excited to see a small article about Fleetwood Mac, until I read it.

Her comment that "nobody is interested in albums these days" is not entirely true. Where is this bitter and skewed attitude coming from? Is it from her disappointment that sales of her last solo album weren't what she expected? Is it from inept management, who have convinced her the internet is evil, and discouraged her from recording new music?

What really incensed me was reading that the group worked on eight new songs and Stevie declined to sing and record all of them. WTF?

Who could have ever predicted that, at this latter stage in their careers/life, Lindsey would have a resurgence of creativity and progress, and Stevie, who always (used to) proclaimed her devotion to the band, would be the one to stall all efforts to extend Fleetwood Mac's legacy and deny long-time fans something new to look forward to. Thanks Stevie.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 12-10-2012 at 06:42 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Her comment that "nobody is interested in albums these days" is not entirely true. Where is this bitter and skewed attitude coming from? Is it from her disappointment that sales of her last solo album weren't what she expected? Is it from inept management, who have convinced her the internet is evil, and discouraged her from recording new music?
It's coming from the truth? Maybe she's just voicing the way they all feel. As I've pointed out, there are many artists in their generation who are struggling to find out how to manuever in this new digital age. Labels don't want them, don't have the money, can't afford to promote them, won't promote them, drop them...

I think it's a stretch to call the most powerful management gurus in the business "inept"...

Surely they must all know something we don't know!

Quote:
What really incensed me was reading that the group worked on eight new songs and Stevie declined to sing and record all of them. WTF?
She explained that she was still grieving her mom -- and then went back and put vocals on at least three songs we know of - maybe more.

Quote:
Who could have ever predicted that, at this latter stage in their careers/life, Lindsey would have a resurgence of creativity and progress, and Stevie, who always proclaimed her devotion to the band, would be the one to stall all efforts to extend Fleetwood Mac's legacy and give fans something new to look forward to. Thanks Stevie.
How do we know that's all her fault and not more about the business - not having a label? Or trying to work through all that? We are going to get new music, it just might not be a full album. And, it's been suggested they might do one after they see how this goes. How do we know that's not what the label has offered them - we'll "throw" this EP out and see how that goes and then maybe an album deal will come from that.

I would think it must be tough blow to the ego for the label not to be knocking down your door any more to get a new album.