User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post

This photo might be from Mirage or Tusk, not really sure but wanted to share it cause it's so beautiful.
Mirage, a black ribbon around her neck means Mirage unless her hair's more curly in that case it's Wild Heart.
But I agree, the pic is gorgeous.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
Mirage, a black ribbon around her neck means Mirage unless her hair's more curly in that case it's Wild Heart.
But I agree, the pic is gorgeous.
Great '82 shot! Heading back to the mic after the turnaround in RHIANNON. Donning all white, like those other shots you've seen of the all-white GYOW jacket. Wonder which stop on the tour it was . . . ?

Detroit?
Minneapolis?
Florida outdoor festival?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileAtYou View Post
I couldn't help but wonder, what are "girlfriend tapes" ?
You would have to have read Carol Harris's book to understand the "girlfriend tape" reference. My memory isn't as good as it once was, and I read the book last summer. Maybe another Ledgie can correct me if I stray from the plot...

AT some point Carol Ann became good friends with Mick's future wife (Sara Recor - who was also Stevie's best friend.)

Anyhow, for the hell of it, they got out a cassette tape recorder and would record their conversations...about some stuff....girl talk stuff. I don't recall exactly what was said, but Lindsey was looking for a blank tape, so he grabbed one out of Carol's bag. He put the ear phones on, and then became enraged and took it out on her. She didn't know why. She listened to the tape and it was one of her "girlfriend" tapes...but I *think* she made a comment about John Courage being good looking or something -- therefore the conversation threw Lindsey into a rage....and I can't remember if he hit her or grabbed her by the hair...there were so many references which blended together.

In another thread, there were photos posted of the TUSK tour (?) in Japan...one shows Lindsey (back in the day) using a Sony Discman/Walkman because it was the *new* technology.

If anyone wants to come in and correct me ~ please feel free to do so. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

the 63rd show on the Tusk Tour
March 29,1980
the last of 3 shows in
Honolulu, Hawaii
Venue: Neil Blaisdell Center

After this show celebrity guest Bette Midler joined Fleetwood Mac, friends, family and crew backstage for that infamous pie in your face party. I only have two photos from this fun filled event. If anyone has more please feel free to post.
After this show the band takes a month off for vacation and the tour resumes April 30th.

Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 03-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These remind me of the video of Richard Dashut's going away party, when everyone gets whacked with cake & whipped cream...especially Dashut who has to find his *present* buried in the cake. Stevie throws the cake on herself instead of Richard.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
These remind me of the video of Richard Dashut's going away party, when everyone gets whacked with cake & whipped cream...especially Dashut who has to find his *present* buried in the cake. Stevie throws the cake on herself instead of Richard.
Actually I believe this was the same event. You have a video of this?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a link so we all can see this!!!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the 63rd show on the Tusk Tour
March 29,1980
the last of 3 shows in
Honolulu, Hawaii
Venue: Neil Blaisdell Center

After this show celebrity guest Bette Midler joined Fleetwood Mac, friends, family and crew backstage for that infamous pie in your face party. I only have two photos from this fun filled event. If anyone has more please feel free to post.
After this show the band takes a month off for vacation and the tour resumes April 30th.

Does anyone know who the girl in the striped halter is? She looks alot like someone I used to know back then (though I know it's not the same person).
Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually I believe this was the same event. You have a video of this?? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a link so we all can see this!!!!!
I have it on VHS and I think, Stevie is wearing different clothes, so it may not be the same event. I will have to watch it again.

When I get it converted to DVD, I will let you know and get you a copy of it.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not sure about the other members of Fleetwood Mac but in April 1980 Stevie did not lay around for a month resting. Instead she hung out with Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers in a recording studio. I present you now with some of those results:

Gypsy--4-3-80--take #6--Good Vocals

Outside The Rain--4-4-80--session #2--New lyrics in latter half of song to enjoy--

Sanctuary--4-4-80--the signature Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers sound--nice vocals near the end when she sings Just How Far several times--

Starshine Silver--4-4-80--session #2--At the end Stevie is excited when she sees Debbie dancing--Stevie is whispering to someone at the end; in one of those hushed tones she says,"you're not daddy."--

Since I like pretending this thread is in real time just try to imagine if this really was April 13, 1980. Then these songs were recorded about two weeks ago! Imagine(I know you can).

Last edited by vivfox; 04-25-2008 at 09:25 AM..
Old 04-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can totally get the feel for April 1980!!! If ony . . . Thanks, Viv!
Old 04-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Dear vivfox & David--- I was thrilled beyond words to attend the Uni-Dome show on Dec.1,1979. I live in Cedar Falls' sister city, Waterloo. A fantastic show, even with Stevie's throat problems. Did she have surgery on it in 1980? I understand the fans' sensitivity regarding who performs "Songbird" (Sheryl?). Christine's first class performance at the Dome was the perfect closer to a magic night. Thanks for bringing back some great memories! Sincerely, Madelow.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the 64th show on the Tusk Tour
April 30,1980
Portland, Oregon
Venue: Coliseum

Old 04-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
the 64th show on the Tusk Tour
April 30,1980
Portland, Oregon
Venue: Coliseum

I love this photo shoot. They were all so messed up it's comical. I'd have hated to be that photog trying to get the shot. Thanks Viv!
Old 04-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnightshade View Post
I love this photo shoot. They were all so messed up it's comical. I'd have hated to be that photog trying to get the shot. Thanks Viv!
Lindsey looked like he was mad at something/someone. He wanted to be anywhere but there.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced