User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JbbyStew86 View Post
Im on the fence about whether or not its real, but looking at things like who he follows (which are few in number) and the sparse postings, I think it's really him. Stevie's is pretty much the same thing.

I like to think me tweeting him for confirmation on the tour led to the tweet
Somehow I can't picture him tweeting about concert dates (what was posted before the Eagles announcement). Plus his account is Lyndsy Buckingham or something like that, uh ok. And just to make sure I don't look like a total ass, I just went to his official website. No mention of him having a twitter account. Just links to his myspace and youtube pages. If he has a twitter account wouldn't it be mentioned on his website? The last update was 12/29/2009, and the twitter account you have been referencing has been around longer than that. If it was really him or someone representing him I think there would be a link on the web site. The only reason I'm harping on this is because I work in academia, and people often have a difficult time differentiating between legitimate and non-legitimate sources. I'm not saying it's compeltely out of the realm of possibility, but I really, really don't think it's him!

Last edited by Erin; 02-27-2010 at 06:13 PM..
Old 02-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
I'm not saying it's compeltely out of the realm of possibility, but I really, really don't think it's him!
Ya think?

I'm confused as to why anyone actually would think it is him.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank God I turn 21 in June. Can't sit through Don Henley again and be sober....
Old 02-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm confused as to why anyone actually would think it is him.
Optimism (or pessimism, depending how you want to look at it) combined with a love for FM drama, maybe?

And obviously people wanting their celebrities to be real people. of course, anyone who wishes that about LB or SN needs to find new celebrities to love

Oh, and Alice, Don Henley is like the best thing about the Eagles! I mean, I don't want to hear him talk (except about conservation), but the guy can sing and play drums..

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks it's funny that someone can like FM and hate the Eagles, and vice versa?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Optimism (or pessimism, depending how you want to look at it) combined with a love for FM drama, maybe?

And obviously people wanting their celebrities to be real people. of course, anyone who wishes that about LB or SN needs to find new celebrities to love

Oh, and Alice, Don Henley is like the best thing about the Eagles! I mean, I don't want to hear him talk (except about conservation), but the guy can sing and play drums..

Incidentally, am I the only one who thinks it's funny that someone can like FM and hate the Eagles, and vice versa?
I don't hate the Eagles. I really like their music. But Ive seen live footage and a Don Henley solo set and was just like

I don't want to pay $400 to get tenth row at some football stadium to hear the Unleashed Tour set (minus the good songs) and look at DH. Sorry.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Why would someone post as though they were Lindsey on Twitter though ?

Great post ^^
Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwoodmark View Post
Why would someone post as though they were Lindsey on Twitter though ?

Great post ^^
Because everything on/about Twitter is undertaken with the utmost of seriousness & sincerity, right?

Snark aside, why would the real Lindsey Buckingham register as "Lndsybuckingham"? Unless, of course, its an impostor who couldn't register for "lindseybuckingham" because its already been registered by Lindsey's management to protect its potential future use. Nah, that couldn't be it.

Last edited by LukeA; 02-28-2010 at 09:59 AM..
Old 02-28-2010, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post

Oh, and Alice, Don Henley is like the best thing about the Eagles! I mean, but the guy can sing and play drums..
The guy can sing. But he is a terrible drummer. His timing is okay, but his skills are so rudimentary, that it's laughable, when their "backup drummer" takes over. Don Felder said this, too, in his book.

A few months ago, Don made Rolling Stone's "Top 100 singers" list. I'm a huge fan of his singing.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The guy can sing. But he is a terrible drummer. His timing is okay, but his skills are so rudimentary, that it's laughable, when their "backup drummer" takes over. Don Felder said this, too, in his book.

A few months ago, Don made Rolling Stone's "Top 100 singers" list. I'm a huge fan of his singing.
I think Don is just an average drummer. Not horrible but he's no Mick or John Bonham....I know he wished he was....I think I've got an interview during Beast where he admits to not being the best drummer in the world.....sorry I can't post it....I know during the recording of an Eagles LP he stated he really wanted to let loose (when Glyn Johns was producing than) he said he wanted to play like John Bonham and Johns said ..." but you don't play drums like him..." I do love his singing & songwriting.....of course I'll always love him playing drums during Hotel California....one of the best songs ever!!!! IMO anyway.......If I stated what I said above wrong I'm sorry for I am going only by memory.....I read DF book too and what he said was very very interesting.....I have to admit....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."
Old 03-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

they are announcing this tour on my local radio station now? I don't understand--is it happening or isn't it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 03-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just some people trying to hedge a bet, promoters trying to get free press. It's still as unlikely as ever, I'd guess..
Old 03-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
they are announcing this tour on my local radio station now? I don't understand--is it happening or isn't it?
Not sure if it's the same station, but this afternoon Q104.3 in NY announced the Eagles/FM double bill as one of the biggest tours of the upcoming summer. Said he'd announce dates as soon as they were confirmed.

...I'd much prefer a Stevie solo tour
Old 03-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, no FM/Eagles pairing PLEASE!!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksphan View Post
Not sure if it's the same station, but this afternoon Q104.3 in NY announced the Eagles/FM double bill as one of the biggest tours of the upcoming summer. Said he'd announce dates as soon as they were confirmed.

...I'd much prefer a Stevie solo tour

Me too --Stevie at the Borgata where I can get second row relatively easily! My radio market is now Birmingham, AL--not sure what station I was on at the time, but said the same thing and mentioned arenas and stadiums for multi-night segments.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Old 03-09-2010, 12:57 AM
Registered

In other news, I can confirm that a Beatles reunion/Michael Jackson double bill would be one of the biggest tours of this year- possibly the decade. I will announce these dates as soon as they are set.