The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm almost certain she talked with Bob Brunning. I remember some time ago he was asked for some info to required for a book so maybe it was this one
Old 09-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Wishful thinking, David. Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen for us unless Stevie decides to write something of her own as she has said she would eventually. We'll be waiting another 20 years for that i'm afraid.

You and I could probably write a book with much more accurate detail and substance. Hmm...
yeah - you should. I personally have the feeling that Stevie's book would also be an excercise in half truths and washovers. No offense to Stevie, of course. But I noticed when i was reading old movie actress biographies in highschool, that the one the star wrote themselves was always more dull, and really didn't have any dirt in it that would make the star look bad, or show them at a weak human moment or whatever...
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
yeah - you should. I personally have the feeling that Stevie's book would also be an excercise in half truths and washovers. No offense to Stevie, of course. But I noticed when i was reading old movie actress biographies in highschool, that the one the star wrote themselves was always more dull, and really didn't have any dirt in it that would make the star look bad, or show them at a weak human moment or whatever...
Amber
I agree. Though Vanessa Redgrave's books were pretty damn fine, as was the one that was supposedly written by Frances Farmer that we now know was not written by her.

Truthfully, Kitty Kelley needs to write the definitve book on La Nicks.

Old 09-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I agree. Though Vanessa Redgrave's books were pretty damn fine, as was the one that was supposedly written by Frances Farmer that we now know was not written by her.

Truthfully, Kitty Kelley needs to write the definitve book on La Nicks.
that's what i said before. It figures Vanessa Redgrave would be an exception. Bette Davis' "mother goddam" by her was ok, considering, but it didn't touch "Bette and Joan" or of course, the book her daughter wrote about her... There were some i read by the star that were really bad - like, as if Martha Stewart got ahold of the manuscript and made it all nice for thanksgiving
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I must say Kitty K. is a bit of a hack, but her books are good if they are taken with a little grain of salt

As for celeb. autobiographies, read "Swanson on Swanson" by Gloria Swanson. She is unflinching in her honesty about herself, her ambition, and the price she paid for it.

As for the rest., La Bankhead's was pretty fab.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 09-29-2004, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
I must say Kitty K. is a bit of a hack, but her books are good if they are taken with a little grain of salt

As for celeb. autobiographies, read "Swanson on Swanson" by Gloria Swanson. She is unflinching in her honesty about herself, her ambition, and the price she paid for it.

I think I read both bio and autobio of Bankhead. Both were good, but auto didn't have as much super dirt. Some stars do tell stuff, but if you read a bio by someone else you'll notice "different information"...

Old 09-29-2004, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind

She's won many prestigious awards and has been honored quite a bit for being such a hack. I've read all of her books but one and found them all to be among the best celeb bios I've read. Even if not everything in them is true, she doesn't present them as facts, she always says something like "according to" or quotes someone. A very fine writer, IMO.

And I agree about Swanson's book, it was great. Bette Midler was going to write an expose about the behind-the-scenes schenanigans regarding her TV show and was given and advance of $5 million for it. Then they pulled the rug out from under her because the publishing company was owned by CBS, the network her show was on, and didn't want the bad publicity.

I wish Jackie Susann had written an autobiography, it would have been salacious. But Valley of the Dolls is pretty much her autobio, so... Ethel Merman never even mentioned her in her book and they lovers, for cripes sake. I also want a Robert Altman autobio eventually.

Peter Fonda's book was good, too!

Old 09-29-2004, 12:38 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Back when she was with Lindsey, she was just "Carol." These days, she's "Carol Ann"? Isn't Carol Ann the little girl in "Poltergeist"? .
Carol Ann, run towards the light!

Paula
Old 09-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Refresh my memory -- is Carol Ann the chick in the "Big Love" video?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Big Love video was just an actress.

Carol Ann or whatever her name is was on the It Was I video, all over the Tusk album inserts and Law and Order too. Am I missing something? Oh yeah, and Walter Egans album too and some video that I have never seen...

Cheri ( Lindsey's girl after Carol) was on the Wrong video as one of his bed mates and not the clock as I heard before ( right?) she was in Pretty Woman too.

As for Carol writing a book, I really would love to read it. I really would love to know what Lindsey and Stevie think of it as well...
Old 09-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

big love video, that was another girlfriend: cheri caspari. right?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
big love video, that was another girlfriend: cheri caspari. right?

No Cheri wasn't in the Big Love video, that was just some random woman.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Old 09-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Cheri ( Lindsey's girl after Carol) was on the Wrong video as one of his bed mates and not the clock as I heard before ( right?) she was in Pretty Woman too.
Who was she in Pretty Woman?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Who was she in Pretty Woman?
Hooker #4?

Old 09-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, wasn't she the one who was playing w/ the ice in her drink and sucking on her straw? "Carlos threw all my stuff out..." She was talking to Kit about being roommates.