The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Sex with her looks as if it would be as satisfying as doing it with a cold fish.
well, especially now that she's said she actually is one.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure Shania is a nice person, she seems sweet enough in interviews.. As pointed out earlier her husband Mutt Lange is very much a part of her success, as he was in making Def Lepperd a success too.

However, for me she lives up to exactly what Lindsey didn't want to do after the success of Rumours which is to take the formula and run it into the ground.. Everything she sings sounds exactly the same to me.. It's like Coke or Pepsi, people like the taste and it sells ****loads so why change it?

She might break records but she ain't a creative artist..

Old 12-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Quantity does not always = quality. I like some of Shania's songs, not a huge fan tho..but good for her.

Rumours will always be one of the greatest albums ever made...no matter what.
If the point is about records, I think the goal was at the momentum. Rumours was a phenomenom, as Thriller or Saturday Night Fever were. You can't compare (sales) a 2004 album against a 1977 album. RUMOURS RULED!!!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Plus, there's more people now to buy stuff... Is it population adjusted?
^Yeah what she said.^
Old 12-15-2004, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh. Shania pretty much quit being innovative in the least after her The Woman in Me album. She's nothing of a songwriter unless Mutt is writing alongside her...probably doing most of the writing. I can't believe I used to listen to her music all the time. Was I that shallow in high school? For her to beat out the Beatles and FM is quite depressing.

She's been honest about her incredibly low sex drive for years now. She likes to distinguish being "sexy" from being "sexual." It kind of makes sense.

Hillary
Old 12-15-2004, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
Ugh. Shania pretty much quit being innovative in the least after her The Woman in Me album. She's nothing of a songwriter unless Mutt is writing alongside her...probably doing most of the writing. I can't believe I used to listen to her music all the time. Was I that shallow in high school? For her to beat out the Beatles and FM is quite depressing.
Hillary
She's still a good singer though. You know, catchy, tuneful. I mean, i don't like her that much, but I can see why someone would listen to her..

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's still a good singer though. You know, catchy, tuneful. I mean, i don't like her that much, but I can see why someone would listen to her..
But there are so many artists out there like that. In some ways, she's comparable to Britney. And though Shania sings better than Britney, she still doesn't have a very unique voice, and we can certainly say that Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine do. And I give Mutt credit for the "catchy" and "tuneful" aspects of her music. Whenever she writes a song by herself, it's nothing compared to what she writes with him.

Hillary
Old 12-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But there are so many artists out there like that. In some ways, she's comparable to Britney. And though Shania sings better than Britney, she still doesn't have a very unique voice, and we can certainly say that Stevie, Lindsey, and Christine do. And I give Mutt credit for the "catchy" and "tuneful" aspects of her music. Whenever she writes a song by herself, it's nothing compared to what she writes with him.

Hillary
you're right, there are. But I think she's for sure better than Britney. I've definitely enjoyed some of her songs. But, I'm not much of a music snob, if i like the song (you know, fun to sing, makes my ears happy) I don't usually have to be all deep about it, necessarily. And, from what you say (and what i've heard) she really isn't a great writer. But again, I'm not too much of a lyrics person, necessarily. I sing millions of stevie and other people's songs knowing not all the lyrics. I'm not the best person to discuss this with - I get more snobby about the tune, the bandwork, if there is a lot of harmonies and variance, and most of all - the vocal

Old 12-15-2004, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're right, there are. But I think she's for sure better than Britney. I've definitely enjoyed some of her songs. But, I'm not much of a music snob, if i like the song (you know, fun to sing, makes my ears happy) I don't usually have to be all deep about it, necessarily. And, from what you say (and what i've heard) she really isn't a great writer. But again, I'm not too much of a lyrics person, necessarily. I sing millions of stevie and other people's songs knowing not all the lyrics. I'm not the best person to discuss this with - I get more snobby about the tune, the bandwork, if there is a lot of harmonies and variance, and most of all - the vocal
Well, for the record, I'm still a fan of some tunes like "You're Still the One" and "I Won't Leave You Lonely" from the Come On Over album. And the song "The Woman in Me" from the album of the same name is incredibly beautiful, so I'm not staying up late tonight just to say unkind things about Shania. She has her place in the music industry, but it does piss me off when people go out and buy more of her CDs than things like Rumours.

Hillary
Old 12-15-2004, 01:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, for the record, I'm still a fan of some tunes like "You're Still the One" and "I Won't Leave You Lonely" from the Come On Over album. And the song "The Woman in Me" from the album of the same name is incredibly beautiful, so I'm not staying up late tonight just to say unkind things about Shania. She has her place in the music industry, but it does piss me off when people go out and buy more of her CDs than things like Rumours.

Hillary
Me, too, the piss off part. Yeah, i know you weren't staying up late to bitch It just struck me in your post that you were a little hard on yourself for listening to her in the past I mean, she's kinda good - good voice. by the way, i liked "that don't impress me much" or whatever that song is called. Also...another one i can't think of now...

Last edited by amber; 12-15-2004 at 01:58 AM..
Old 12-15-2004, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I LOVE Come On Over and The Women In Me. The only thing I really like on Up now is Up.

Just to add some fuel to the fire lol. My friend did makeup for some news reporter who attended all of the events for the last Country Music Awards show in Nashville. He was there for 2 days of rehearsals and said the only person acting like a diva was Shania lol. He said Reba and Dolly were laid back chatting often, and had little makeup on. He said Shania wasnt bitchy, just acting like a TOTAL DIVA lol.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The difference between Shania & Fleetwood Mac is Shania's fan's are as young as 5 year's old, I don't think you can say that about FM, by daughter is 9 and has loved Shania since she was about 6. I took my daughter to see Shania last year when she was in Toronto & I couldn't believe how many little girls were there (even dressed like her). Shania's fans ages range from 5 - 80, that's quite a large fan base to sell album's to. Oh by the way when we were in our seats waiting for her to come on, Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" was playing over the PA system & I've heard from many other fan's that she played FM at every concert, so we know that she's a huge FM fan!

Last edited by bikerchic; 12-15-2004 at 09:28 AM..
Old 12-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It just struck me in your post that you were a little hard on yourself for listening to her in the past
Oh my God. I'm always so hard on myself about the stuff I used to listen to. The walls of my bedroom used to be covered with pictures of Britney Spears. How can I admit that to people? I used to LOVE shallow pop music, and I actually liked the way Britney and some of the others dressed. I'll go crawl into a hole now.

Hillary
Old 12-15-2004, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mageboy25
Well I LOVE Come On Over and The Women In Me. The only thing I really like on Up now is Up.

Just to add some fuel to the fire lol. My friend did makeup for some news reporter who attended all of the events for the last Country Music Awards show in Nashville. He was there for 2 days of rehearsals and said the only person acting like a diva was Shania lol. He said Reba and Dolly were laid back chatting often, and had little makeup on. He said Shania wasnt bitchy, just acting like a TOTAL DIVA lol.
I think Up is one of her worst. I don't say it's her worst because there's some competition there with her self-titled debut. But I haven't listened to that one in ages so it's hard to make a comment. Great to hear that Reba and Dolly were cool at the CMA rehearsals! In the past, I've heard that Reba is a stuck-up bitch, but as I've been following her myself since '95, I haven't seen that at all. I've been wondering if people just made that up.

Hillary
Old 12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic
Oh by the way when we were in our seats waiting for her to come on, Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" was playing over the PA system & I've heard from many other fan's that she played FM at every concert, so we know that she's a huge FM fan!
Wow, I didn't know about that! Well, if she really likes the Mac, she should've quit marketing herself so fiercely so that she wouldn't have outsold them.

Hillary