Originally Posted by Hawkeye
102, Im not bowler for sure
Not bad in my book.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
I love bowling!! I used to practically live at the lanes when I was in high school. I think my high score is somewhere around 175 or something. When I first learned to bowl, I was horrid...gutter balls galore and I kept hitting my leg, until my mom told me to swing it behind me. LOL

My mom and I used to go there every day when I was 15, she taught me to bowl well. There was this cute guy who worked there and I adored him. We got to know him, the manager, the guy who worked in the snack bar, and just became friends with everyone. My mom joined a league, we got my cousin in on the fun...it was just a great, fun time in my life. Memories..sigh...

I wanna go bowling now!
So why did you stop going regularly if you love it so much?

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Okay, confession time. Believe it or not, in high school (junior and senior year), my friend Lauren and I were on the bowling team One match, I missed a perfect score by two frames Yes, I have hit triple digits but i'm not sure I could do that anymore. Honestly, I don't think i've bowled in about five years.
I bowled once a year growing up. My best friend always had his birthdays with a bowling theme. In junior high they stopped. Then I bowled once during fraternity rush. Then once years later on a bad date. Then this last January. So practice has not had an opportunity to make perfect.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Wow! That's like our highschool having a golf team, ie, really weird! Good scores, though. You should go again, you'll pick it right up. I went after 15 years and did low 200's. Bowling is strangely fun. It doesn't beat ski ball, though.
I'm sure Marissa played a lot of ski ball, working nearby on the boardwalk at DipStix.

Actually, I do like ski ball. At least you win things.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Gaw....

I'm oddly good at hitting the right holes.
I suppose it's easier when you're using smaller balls.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
We had a golf team too I played soccer but they kept trying to recruit me for field hockey. I declined and stuck with soccer in the fall and bowling in the winter. Spring was musical season so there was no spring sport for me to play. I was always really bitter that we had no Volleyball team.
We had all those things. Plus lacrosse was really big, east coast and all.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
I bowled once a year growing up. My best friend always had his birthdays with a bowling theme. In junior high they stopped. Then I bowled once during fraternity rush. Then once years later on a bad date. Then this last January. So practice has not had an opportunity to make perfect.

- Jake
I'm sorry...I stopped reading this reply as soon as I read you rushed a fraternity
Old 06-05-2005, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
YOU DIDN'T HAVE A VOLLEYBALL TEAM!!!!? Ho****, I played VB for college. I can't imagine no VB. Favorite sport.
Although, field hockey is fun. Soccer is really hard, i think, that's great you played! I mean, all that running, and kicking.
I know, I didn't do softball my senior year cause of choir and drama shows! And cause lots of the girls on my new school Softball team were redneck country bitches. ok.
Where did you grow up?

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sure Marissa played a lot of ski ball, working nearby on the boardwalk at DipStix.

Actually, I do like ski ball. At least you win things.

- Jake
I still have no idea where it is
Old 06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Well, since we're sharing intimate secrets, I too was on the bowling team for a year in high school . I was OK - 130 average maybe?

I was also in a league in '02 & '03. My high score was a 237.

Funny how I prefer "sports" where there is a good chance beer is involved (bowling, pool, darts...)
I love darts. I have a board at work. I've been known to hang pics on the bullseye a la Murphy Brown.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath
High school sports confessions eh?

I was on the soccer team, and actually got a scholarship. Wellllll, I injured my knee extremely bad two weeks after I graduated and ended up losing it.

As far as bowling goes, I'm pretty lame. I always think I'm going to look like a big geek if I use the correct form. I think my high score is 150.
There's a correct form?
Actually, one thing I hate is whenever I try to relax & have fun as I bowl, there's always some yokel who feels the need to give me tips on correct form.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
Well so far everyone here is a better bowler than I am. I think my high score is around 50. I totally suck at bowling. I need to bowl in one of the kiddy lanes then maybe I could break 100.
Finally, a normal person.

- Jake
Old 06-05-2005, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is y'all talkin' to me?

- Jake

Was that your lesson planner for that oh so educated Texas class?

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmx
amen, i used to work at Chuck E. Cheese's (technically, i WAS Chuck E. Cheese ) and got a ****load of practice playing ski-ball.

the best i ever bowled was 200 even. i have a swirly blue ball with mushrooms and the Alice caterpillar on it
Have I mentioned that I've never read that book or seen that movie? And Alice is one of my least favorite Stevie songs.
But it seems the ball has brought you luck.

- Jake