User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-09-2018, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You guys leave $tevie Nicks alone.

$he got the guy that told FMac he wasn't joining without his girlfriend... KICKED OUT!

$he said $he wasn't making an album because of current days $ales in the indu$try. And that $he only wants to tour.

$he then got her long time friend into the band u$ing Mick knowing he ha$ 3 ex wives and a lot of kid$. ME OR HIM $he told him.

Well played $tevie. You truly own the band. kudos, girl!!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ynGECc1NE

Well you say you'll be fine
When you walk out that door
Oh will it be that easy
To see me no more?

Well, will you be fine?
Are you complete?
Say you'll survive
Down Endless Street
Down Endless Street
Down Endless Street

Well say you'll be fine
When you walk out that door
Oh, will it be that easy
To see me no more?

Will you survive?
Are you complete?
Say you'll be fine
Down Endless Street
Down Endless Street
Down Endless Street

Will you be fine?
Are you complete?
Say you'll survive
Down Endless Street
Down Endless Street
Down Endless Street

Old 04-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
$tevie Nicks $etlist....
Not to mention the opportunity she now has to talk for half an hour to sing a three minute song and do a costume change every five minutes without anyone to challenge her.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm trying really hard to keep my emotions in check, but faaark me.

This man we all adore created the sound of Fleetwood Mac he is the architect of the whole sonic landscape that makes up the hits that they want to keep singing. I'm a huge Neil Finn and Mike Campbell fan but I just cant stomach this. He is also the musical director of the band, i'm imaging Neale and Brett go with him?

For those of you who don't see this being Stevie's fault get a grip, it's 80% her fault and so transparent in the fact with Mike Campbell being the replacement.

Mick can quite rightly go **** himself, Lindsey has kept this band relevant for close to 20 years. They would be playing on his goddamn roof top if it wasn't for Lindsey.

All Lindsey wanted was what we wanted. NEW MUSIC! Stevie gets to holdback this band any time she wants. Lindsey asks and he is fired!!! FIRED!!!!

Silver lining- Lindsey new tour is going to be amazing, think about the setlist. The man has so much left to share.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It occurs to me we might even get to hear Freedom live. The solo song from Stevie would most certainly be Whole Lotta Trouble. My bucket list tune would be The Mixdown. Hey a girl can dream!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post

This man we all adore created the sound of Fleetwood Mac he is the architect of the whole sonic landscape that makes up the hits that they want to keep singing. I'm a huge Neil Finn and Mike Campbell fan but I just cant stomach this. He is also the musical director of the band, i'm imaging Neale and Brett go with him?

For those of you who don't see this being Stevie's fault get a grip, it's 80% her fault and so transparent in the fact with Mike Campbell being the replacement.

Mick can quite rightly go **** himself, Lindsey has kept this band relevant for close to 20 years. They would be playing on his goddamn roof top if it wasn't for Lindsey.

All Lindsey wanted was what we wanted. NEW MUSIC! Stevie gets to holdback this band any time she wants. Lindsey asks and he is fired!!! FIRED!!!!

Silver lining- Lindsey new tour is going to be amazing, think about the setlist. The man has so much left to share.
Gotta love the silver lining.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It occurs to me we might even get to hear Freedom live. The solo song from Stevie would most certainly be Whole Lotta Trouble. My bucket list tune would be The Mixdown. Hey a girl can dream!
hahahahah.. Love/hate you !!!
Addicted Ledgie

So is this beef between Lindsey and Mick? Mick has dollar signs in his eyes? Really, Mick should not be making the decisions for this band. He has the least amount of clout besides John. So the relationship that Christine and Lindsey had is just in the dumps? She couldn't stand up for him and say no tour without Lindsey? Why wouldn't Stevie stand up and say the same thing? At this point they are just too old to be adding other people. I love love Mike Campbell and would go see them just for him. As far this this other guy singing Lindsey's songs? Just plain weird. Really, really disappointed with this news.

"Hearts will break with choices we must
make, so sleep and dream of me."
- LB
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I don't know much about Mike Campbell. I didn't care for Freedom
much from BTM, which he co-wrote with Stevie.
Don't you want to them to play Here Comes My Silver Girl?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post

But the Heartbreakers were also Lindsey's friends.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Stunned

Hello all---

Wow. I'm not sure how this is a win for fans of any of the three performers/bands involved. Maybe it is...?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why this is a good thing for Neil Finn. Maybe they agreed to let him sell his solo and side projects in the merch booth? He just released a very good, if somber, solo album last year, and he reportedly has a duo album with his son Liam already in the can. Even if Mick played on some of his unreleased material a year or two ago and they bonded, I just don't see this working out. Presumably, it's a short-term thing...?

For what it's worth, I think Neil and Christine would work REALLY well together. Neil is a very underrated guitarist (though he's no Lindsey, but then who is?), and he's a talented keyboardist, too. His voice is still quite good, but his true talent is songwriting. He is an exceptional writer. I'm not sure how that helps anyone involved, though.

Mike Campbell makes a little more sense due to the overlapping relationships and the fact that he and his former band were quite influenced by Peter Green and FM.

Mike joining FM works well. He can handle the extended jams and bluesy bits. I assume Neil is being brought in mainly for male backing vocals.

Please, please, please Mike. Don't make Neil sing Lindsey songs. That would be sad on both sides of the fence. Now, I could totally hear Neil dueting with Christine on "World Turning" or leading "Oh Well," which might actually be a little fun to hear. But please, no "Go Your Own Way."

matt
Old 04-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I’m so hoping for the next LB solo tour to include zero MAC songs!
He should at least keep Go Your Own Way, that would seem like an apropos song in his setlist now
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

From Neil's Twitter feed:

Snow warnings for parts of the country, the mystery of Stonehenge solved and yes I’ve joined Fleetwood Mac

["The country" being the north island of New Zealand in the summertime, of course.]

Okay, that's clever. For those who don't recognize Neil's name, FM is getting a super-talented guy---but also very different from LB---who also happens to be a smart, easy-going fellow with a sense of humor.

matt
Old 04-09-2018, 05:41 PM
Ledgie

Default I'm done!

I just can't believe all this! This sounds more like a tribute band than the real thing! Won't be spending any of my money on this line up regardless of whether Stevie is there Or not!
Old 04-09-2018, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It will be gut-wrenching to hear on a Fleetwood Mac stage but I can see Christine singing Hold Me with Neil Finn.
I cant see there being many Lindsey songs in a set list- Go Your Own way is a staple but I'm not even sure about Tusk let alone anything else.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood