Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

justdreamin,

Thanks so much for posting these, they're hilarious!

Lindsey looks like:

a. He's spracked out on tweak.
b. He's doing everything humanly possible to not scream, "Stevie! Shut. Your. Mouth!"

He can't even be cool when Stevie's talking about her Mom. What a D.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdreamin View Post
I didn't see these posted anywhere else, but very sorry if I missed them.
Stevie does almost all the talking and she mentions that the 3rd new song coming from FM is "Without You" from the BN days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Pb10sh6gw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MD2mjK6Bpg
just fyi in the case you want to see more - these and some other vids from the same session yesterday are in this long long thread in the Rumours forum - starting somewhere around this page http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...=51072&page=28

we probably should have made a separate thread for video interviews...

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-24-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Anyone realized or mention that the background track in that interview is probably Sad Angel?
good call - possible!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Exactly. I think he thinks most of the things she says is nonsense. The Without you not being on BuckinghamNicks thing, JUSTIN BIEBER, the three year gap...knowing him i think he even disagrees on the worst tour memory. Lindsey would have played Rumours the night after that.
he definitely looks like he's trying really hard not to say what he really thinks about all that. and i bet he was happy that he didn't have to provide any Bieber opinions.

you are probably right about LB not caring whether audiences didn't want to hear their new songs first time they heard it, he'd play them again next day regardless. he's probably thinking "i wish Mick and Stevie didn't draw that conclusion"

Old 01-25-2013, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

man if the interviewer doesn't specifically ask his/her question to a specific member of the band, Stevie just takes it all on! Geesh.. Reminds me of that group interview at the very end of the Destiny Rules doc where John finally loses it with Mick and tells him to basically stop talking and stfu. Stevie even cut off Mick when he tried to answer the question about Rumours. Wow~ Mama's in da house!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Throughout the whole interview Lindsey looked like he was trying to remember whether or not he left the oven on.

But yes, I think that was just his attempt to be passive/agreeable.

maybe he was wondering why these people don't have any good questions... and thinking where's that guy who asked him to compare cheese and oral sex.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I must say I'm quite pleasantly surprised to see Stevie take the lead in this interview and show that she has a place in the band "just a second Mick", wonderful. Hope to hear great stories that this translates to the stage on the upcoming tour.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
man if the interviewer doesn't specifically ask his/her question to a specific member of the band, Stevie just takes it all on! Geesh.. Reminds me of that group interview at the very end of the Destiny Rules doc where John finally loses it with Mick and tells him to basically stop talking and stfu. Stevie even cut off Mick when he tried to answer the question about Rumours. Wow~ Mama's in da house!
lol. even if the question is obvioously not directed to her, she still takes it (remember those IYD movie premieres with DS?)! example - "some of you have families and young kids - how do you balance that with touring?" Stevie responds - yeah these guys have families, i just have a dog, so it just makes sense that i respond to this question and don't let them talk

(although at least her response to that question was somewhat funny, unlike some of her other meandering reponses. sadly, however amusing ultrafans may find these, honestly they all mostly just came accross as a boring ole bunch during this press conference or whatever that was )

Old 01-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
maybe he was wondering why these people don't have any good questions... and thinking where's that guy who asked him to compare cheese and oral sex.
uh, say what? what and where was this interview? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I'd pay them to sit-in for Karen during storytime.

Not that they need any more of my money....
ditto! on both counts
Old 01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
here (just came out yesterday) - http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51301

Old 01-25-2013, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ thanks Elle!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
I don't think it's exactly a balanced question, because Lindsey might not even like cheese! Alex was leading the witness!

Michele
Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
however amusing ultrafans may find these, honestly they all mostly just came accross as a boring ole bunch during this press conference or whatever that was )
I would agree to a certain extent. I want more of these interviews, but I don't want non-fans to see them, especially not the younger ones. I don't think it gives a good idea of what the stage show will be like. I want people to know that Lindsey is a maniac, he's a maniac on the floor.

Michele
Old 01-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Obviously, we've already seen the videos, but where there is also text, I want to post it so that it might be searchable in the future, if we want to recall something]

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/Fleetw...-Video/8966935

01/24/2013 by Nichole Hamilton, ON THE RED CARPET

Fleetwood Mac members Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood talked to OTRC.com about their upcoming 2013 tour, and how they've managed to maintain their fan following for so long.

"You can't really stop," Nicks told OTRC.com on January 24. "I have a friend, Doug Morris, who said to me once, 'when you retire, you just get small.' And I think that's really true - I love that. So, you can't just go on a three year vacation, because when you come back, it won't be there. And that's why a lot of the big bands that still try to play, and they don't play for eight or nine years, and then they try to play - they're not good anymore."

"You know, we are athletes, and you have to keep it going," she continued. "But the great thing is, that when you have to keep it going, it helps you stay young, it makes you stay vibrant - we're in a wonderful, mysterious, crazy band, so we get to stay young because of this. This is like a magical mystery carpet that we get to get on, but we don't get off of the carpet very often. And I think that's probably why people really enjoy us on stage, it's because they know this is what we do, we love it, and we do our best to be great."

In December 2012, it was announced that the veteran rock band would be embarking on a worldwide tour following their 3-year hiatus.

The Grammy-award winning group, known for hit songs such as "Dreams" and "Landslide," announced that the tour would start in Columbus, Ohio on April 4th, and wrap in Detroit on June 12. The tour marks the first for the band since 2009.

Nicks went on to say that while rehearsals are slated to start in February, the group is still debating on what the official set list will be.

"We're all just thinking now, and going over in our heads what, you know, which songs," Nicks said. "Because, there are those specific 10 songs, 12 songs, whatever, that you play because you - because the audience really wants to hear them, and because they are the foundation of the band, and because they are the reason we all have really nice houses. So, those are there. But beyond that, we have the other songs to play with, so it's really fun, but we don't really know yet because we haven't started, so it's really mysterious."

In August 2011, Nicks toured the United States in support of her seventh studio album, "In Your Dreams," which was her first solo record in 10 years. Fleetwood Mac's last studio album was the 2003 record, "Say You Will."

Fleetwood Mac guitarist and male lead singer Buckingham has also embarked on his own solo career, having released nine studio albums since 1981. The veteran guitarist, who once shared a romantic relationship with Nicks, explained how the close, songwriting pair are rediscovering their bond.

"We are still somehow inventing new dynamics within the two of us," Buckingham explained of his friendship with Nicks. "We are still discovering things about each other. Perhaps we are still getting back to things we once had ... It just makes it very sweet, that after all these years, we can perhaps now we can really start to address some of the love that's always been there, and some of the things that we have shared."

Check out all of Fleetwood Mac's 2013 tour dates here. Tickets officially went on sale December 14, 2013.

"I think [we're] incredibly blessed ... lucky," Fleetwood Mac member Fleetwood said. "But we've really worked hard too. I think it's fair to say that we've enjoyed for the most part working really hard - thats also in the mix."
Old 01-25-2013, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
Yeah, I'm not so disappointed but I see your point. I think If we set ourselves up for songs we want to hear vs what they will actually play...then I see the disappointment.

Reality is...FM is not going to branch off too far from Rumours (with the 35th anniversary year). I think at most we will hear the 2 new songs and Without You. That's the big surprises already unveiled. Any more than 3 "newer" songs and FM (in their minds) are venturing into insecure territory.

This gives me very little hope that we will hear anything from SYW, TITN (other than BL, of course) and anything "newer/revisited" from Tusk. Also, I really wanted to hear Crystal, Twisted, and Frozen Love.

I like that Mick is encouraging more duet/collaborations, but at this point I wouldn't put money on anything daring or too extreme.
I unfortunately agree with you.

I have several coworkers and friends that are very interested in seeing FM this time around ( for whatever reason). These are the types that aren't interested in hearing anything new or different.