User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-26-2003, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Thank you, stephmoore, for actually reading my post and understanding it.
You got my support too Dissention. I agree with you both, if the band doesn't want bad PR, don't hire ppl who give it to represent you. And, I know that Mick knows it all now. So, something should happen in the next close time. Prior to that, they knew very little.

And, one thing that one of my favorite ppl said made sense to me...are we fans to FMac or an audience?

I love them, I buy everything about them, but, that doesn't mean that I think they piss gold. They are making a huge mistake by leaving JT in charge of their name and most valuable asset...their fans feelings and money.

Getting my Fire JT shirt ready.. What has FMac done for me? Gave me inspiration, poetry and shared emotion...what have they taken from me? A lot more than 59.95.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I have to cry foul about the fan club bashing in this thread.

There are many, many other threads specifically dedicated to that topic in this forum and it just may be possible that not everyone wants to hear about it in just about every single thread on this site. I know I do not in this thread. If I wanted to read about it, I would go to the four other threads in which this currently is being discussed.

Again, this thread was supposed to be positive - but I guess that is apparently impossible.

Note: I am not saying anyone cannot post your comments about the fan club wherever they want. I am just politely asking that it be done somewhere other than this thread because, once again, this was supposed to be a postive thread looking for good things. In fact, Jake specifically said he was looking for something to pick him up, not bring him down, after all that that gone on. If that is not possible, e.g. if people feel the need to bash the fan club despite the pleas of others like myself not to do so in just about every thread, then so be it. But, I think it is a shame that people have so little respect and want to bring everyone down and into their own issue(s)

Note: Its late, I have been working since 6:00 a.m., and, therefore, am grumpy!!

I guess Jake should have put a spoiler notice in the subject line that said "No Fan Club Bashers Welcome!" (this was meant as humor! )
Point well taken and I agree. I don't see as many posts about this now, and I think that you guys should not have to see it everywhere, but, this should be everyone's issue if you love the band, cause this is gonna hurt them a lot ultimately. How sad to see this great group of artists have this blight on their last days. So, the more vocal we are, where it is appropriate, then the more likely we are to get JT out and get back to business as usual..

Don't be grumpy.
Old 06-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
Ah Ha - I was like WTF Its time for a martini and an Ambien in no specific order!!!
hahahahaha...I have some zanax to bring to the party and maybe a vicodin or two from a past injury. sigh.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
[i]
No harm - No foul!!!!!!! [/B]
Have you been watching too much tv coverage about the wiretaps in the Peterson case?
Old 06-26-2003, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Come on people...

Quote:
Originally posted by Jason T.
Just as a side note: Is anyone actually sure that Stevie and Lindsey and even John know about all this crap going on. You got to remember these people are fifty something and not very computer literate. That and I doubt the person who was put in charge of your fan club is going to come running to you yelling "I screwed up big time" because they know what will be the next words coming out of their mouths. Everyone right now has a reason to be angry, but remember ignorance is not a crime...
You make a good point, and besides Mick, none are in the know. Stevie has mentioned seeing the Fire Jonathan Todd t shirts and has asked I was told, so keep it up. It matters...sorry to digress again...going back into my hole...
Old 06-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Listen, I wasn't rude to you in my reply to your post, don't be rude to me. [...] I remember quite a few of the posts you made on Mick's board back when all this stuff was happening; I'm glad to see your lack class made it here.
HAH! I guess the rest of your posts here make up for that? I'm glad to see that hypocrisy doesn't fail you.

As far as the Fan Club goes--bash all you want but you're just preaching to the choir here. That's why people -- or more specifically ME -- are tired of the bashing, and the bashing and the more bashing. All right, we get it. I don't think there are opinions to be changed about the fan club here.

Quote:
Originally posted by stephmoore
Incidentally, yes. But don't forget -- the point of a tour is to make money for the band.
...Because I go to work just to smell the fresh new clothes. Appreciation points don't buy food & clothes.

Other good things:
-recent radio interview: a woman called the station saying she'd written Stevie a fan letter, and Stevie actually wrote back. How's that for interaction?
-Fleetwood Mac's charity tickets for Sweet Relief: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2180010949
-websites !
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered

Last edited by flyfirefly; 06-26-2003 at 10:21 PM..
Old 06-27-2003, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is slightly off-topic, as it has not happened, but here's a thought.
I predict that if the band survives this tour without anybody walking out, the next thing to happen before or while they're in the studio again will be the re-issue of Buckingham Nicks.
I think this would be such an act of appreciation to the long-time fans, especially if it were followed by a small tour or televised concert (with Mick & John, even). (I am not predicting a tour, just the album re-issue.) If Stevie & Lindsey were to re-release this album (and no, I'm not saying they owe it to anybody), it might not be the most commercial next move they could choose, but it would be the most meaningful to some of us.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
hahahahaha...I have some zanax to bring to the party and maybe a vicodin or two from a past injury. sigh.
Valium, thank you.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I confess that I am extremely under-medicated, apparently. I've never taken any of these things.
And I'm not quite sure what kind of alcohol Ambien is, as I've never even heard of it. (Chances are I've probably confiscated it from a kid at some point, though. ) Maybe I'll try it in Dallas.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 01:15 AM
Senior Ledgie

Silly, silly...Ambien's not an alcohol

It's supposed to make you very, very sleepy. Does just the opposite for me however.
& the voice of a choir
& a melody...
nothing else mattered
Old 06-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by flyfirefly
Silly, silly...Ambien's not an alcohol

It's supposed to make you very, very sleepy. Does just the opposite for me however.
Interesting. Chocolate-covered cappuccino beans knock me out.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Chocolate-covered cappuccino beans knock me out.
See, for me, it's '60 Minutes'!
Old 06-27-2003, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
See, for me, it's '60 Minutes'!
Yeah, you're not the only one, and CBS is brainstorming how to throw in some excitement.
They're all going topless on the show next season.
It might work for Leslie Stahl, but I'll be tuning out before the Andy Roony segments.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
CBS is brainstorming how to throw in some excitement.
They're all going topless on the show next season.
It might work for Leslie Stahl, but I'll be tuning out before the Andy Roony segments.
Dude, you don't think Andy Rooney is a hottie???
What is wrong with you?!?

Old 06-27-2003, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Dude, you don't think Andy Rooney is a hottie???
What is wrong with you?!?

If I close my eyes & pretend he's a she, I guess the voice does have this come-hither quality. I'll visualize Pamela Anderson with that voice. Oooh baby.

- Jake