User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
Livia- if you get a lot of rapid rewards tickets, you should totally auction an extra one on Ebay if you're not going to use one. You can make a ton of cash off it!
Yep - but I enjoy traveling way too much to give 'em up! I always use 'em myself. One of the (greedy) attorneys here sells his to a broker. However, some of the nicer guys give me theirs. You know, those expiration dates on the drink coupons are meaningless, right?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
Whatever one gives me the best deals! Nashville was the closest airport to me for a long time, and it's a US Air hub, so I flew that a lot. They're okay. The last time I flew, it was America West.
What airport are you near these days?

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Really? Cause I was thinking the bigger switch was FM to Justin but what do I know
We've already pointed out the Justin/Rumours Lindsey hair connection.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
I try to fly British Airways when I can, never had any problems with them (just the other passengers, mainly children bless them.. Need to get my ass into a good job then I can afford the nicer seats.. )

Air France were the worst for me as a side note. (Their chicken salads would not get by post 9/11 security for dangerous objects.)

I don't know any domestic airlines with good food.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley
I'm like Livia and fly Southwest! Their Rapid Rewards program is great, it's super easy to get tickets, there aren't really any blackout dates or restrictions like with other airlines, it's always cheap, and I am NEVER delayed as much or have problems with them like I do whenever I fly other airlines. They're very dependable. I can normally get a $75-$80 ticket to fly home to see my family, too (Chicago to KC).

Livia- if you get a lot of rapid rewards tickets, you should totally auction an extra one on Ebay if you're not going to use one. You can make a ton of cash off it!
Like I said, SW isn't any cheaper than Continental where I am - in fact it's more. Otherwise I'd be all over SW now that they fly to Philly.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
British Air's First Class section on overseas flights in UNBELIEVABLE - they have a chair that reclines into a bed and they give you a down comforter.
I've seen pics but figured it was one of those legends like America's streets being paved with gold.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've only flown with ATA, which is based out of Indianapolis. They only go to vacation-y places, I believe. They're great, though.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Wth?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
The one I was on has a bar on the second level with a piano and a player. I mean HELLLLLOOOOOOOOO luxury.
Why the frick do they need a piano and player on an airplane?! No wonder the tickets cost too freakin' much. LOL Why not get rid of the piano and player and lower the price so those of us not named Bill Gates can ride first class. Geez.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadliestPoison
I've only flown with ATA, which is based out of Indianapolis. They only go to vacation-y places, I believe.
You mean like Philly and Houston?

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Why the frick do they need a piano and player on an airplane?! No wonder the tickets cost too freakin' much. LOL Why not get rid of the piano and player and lower the price so those of us not named Bill Gates can ride first class. Geez.
You'd pay it if they had a certain white-shirted guitarist, no doubt.

- Jake
Old 08-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
You mean like Philly and Houston?

- Jake
Mmmm I'm not sure. I've only flown to Cancun with them, since that's the ONLY PLACE my parents EVER want to go on Vacation. -_- I'm like, "Send me to England! Send me to Germany!" but they ALWAYS go to Cancun. It gets hella old after a while. But everyone knows us there.

My sister & mom are going to Cancun... sometime this December, I think, with ATA.

Here's their website: http://www.ata.com/ I guess they DO go to Philly & Houston. Huh. You learn something new every day.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Justin...froless.

Here is a pic of Justin taken over the weekend at Vassar College at Good Vibrations, the Beach Boys-themed play he's doing.

No more fro.

Oh and HEEEEEELLLLL yeah, I'd pay to hear Lindsey play on an airplane. LMAO!!!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Why the frick do they need a piano and player on an airplane?! No wonder the tickets cost too freakin' much. LOL
An insider told me Christine McVie was approached about playing the piano on board but she turned it down due to the amount of travelling involved...
Old 08-03-2004, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I usually do Delta but other than them, i've been on Lufthansa and Midway (like being on a prop plane...scared the hell out of me). Now that Southwest is here and it's dirt cheap to fly out of Philadelphia with them, i'll use Southwest
Old 08-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't know any domestic airlines with good food.
Jake, you got something against honey roasted peanuts? They're delicious!