The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Assuming we can trust Mick about the addition of Sara...

Where do we petition Stevie to include the Cleaning Lady line?!

- Jake
Old 04-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am within the first three or so rows for opening night and the Atlanta concert. Those who have met me know I can belt it out with the best of them (read I AM LOUD). SOOOOOOOOOO, not only will I suggest it to the people/band members I "happen tp meet" lurking in the various hotel lobbies, I am gonna belt it out in full operatic tenor as LB plays the opening chords. Maybe she'll get the hint then!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
Or The Ledge and Storms!

- Jake
Now I'm gonna have a STROKE.

(No, you can't have my ticket, I'd eat it before you got it.)

Old 04-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind
I am within the first three or so rows for opening night and the Atlanta concert. Those who have met me know I can belt it out with the best of them (read I AM LOUD). SOOOOOOOOOO, not only will I suggest it to the people/band members I "happen tp meet" lurking in the various hotel lobbies, I am gonna belt it out in full operatic tenor as LB plays the opening chords. Maybe she'll get the hint then!!!!

And then, if she responds, ask someone to take a picture of your face. I want it as my wallpaper

Old 04-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
But at the risk of being a party pooper, keep in mind the source: Very little of what Mick says ever comes to fruition. If we hear from Lindsey's mouth that he is going to release his solo material, that will be more credible.
More credible maybe, because the info would be coming right from the source... but I'm not sure that it would be any more reliable than Mick saying it.

After all, Lindsey's the guy who told us, in 1997, that he had a solo album that was "more than half way finished," and then in 1998, told us that the album would be released by the end of the year.
And we all know what happened with that.

He also told Musician Magazine in their February 1989 issue, that his upcoming release could be a "quadruple" because he had "about 60 songs" ready for the album, which Musician reported would be released later that year.
We ended up getting thirteen songs (not counting the spoken & instrumental introductions) three years later.

So whether the info comes from Mick or Lindsey, it's probably still about as reliable.

But here's to hoping we DO see a new solo album from Lindsey... AND one from Stevie... AND a new Fleetwood Mac album.
All within the next few years.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Amen Johnny Stew!!!!!!

BTW - was that a slight reference to LB changing his mind and releasing OOTC as a single album instead of a double one. Hmm - wonder what changed his mind in a solo project without all of the horrible manipulation from FM.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
But here's to hoping we DO see a new solo album from Lindsey... AND one from Stevie... AND a new Fleetwood Mac album.
All within the next few years.

Not in our lifetime.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Not in our lifetime.
Stop raining on my optimism!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:25 PM

Quote:
After all, Lindsey's the guy who told us, in 1997, that he had a solo album that was "more than half way finished," and then in 1998, told us that the album would be released by the end of the year.
And we all know what happened with that.
It was more than half-finished, and he evidently intended to release it in 1998. What happened then was the biggest merger in the history of media companies, which would inevitably have myriad consequences.

Quote:
He also told Musician Magazine in their February 1989 issue, that his upcoming release could be a "quadruple" because he had "about 60 songs" ready for the album, which Musician reported would be released later that year.
Tongue in cheek, Johnny. Did you really believe he was going to release 60 songs in one shot?

Quote:
So whether the info comes from Mick or Lindsey, it's probably still about as reliable.
Not even close. As I recall, Lindsey didn't write a book full of half-truths and outright lies. Mick did.

Consider the source indeed.
Old 04-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Not even close. As I recall, Lindsey didn't write a book full of half-truths and outright lies. Mick did.

Amen.

Old 04-08-2004, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by strandinthewind

Oh Lord. Am I sitting next to you?
Old 04-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hold your hat and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It was more than half-finished, and he evidently intended to release it in 1998. What happened then was the biggest merger in the history of media companies, which would inevitably have myriad consequences.
AOL bought out Warner Bros. in 2000... not 1998. Lindsey had two years after 'The Dance,' to get that album out, and the AOL/Time Warner merger wouldn't have effected it.
And in early 2001, Lindsey was still going back and forth on whether or not to release it as a solo album or to meld it into a Fleetwood Mac album... three years after he said it was finished and ready to be released.
Quote:
Tongue in cheek, Johnny. Did you really believe he was going to release 60 songs in one shot?
Well, of course the "quadruple album" comment was an exaggeration ( An exaggeration from Lindsey? I thought only Stevie was prone to that! ), but he did add that he had "60 songs" to choose from.
Now that was quite probably his second exaggeration in a row... but the question from Musician was whether the album could possibly be a double, and these were Lindsey's answers.
Quote:

Mick's book has nothing to do with this particular conversation, as that was written for money and sensationalism... all I was stating was that, as far as comments regarding potential releases and release-dates, Lindsey has shown himself to be about as reliable as Mick's comments on the same topic.

So if we're "considering the source," then I wouldn't believe Lindsey stating that he was releasing a solo album within six to twelve months (for example), any more than I'd believe Mick making the same claim.
That's all I was saying.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 04-08-2004 at 03:25 PM..
Old 04-08-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is the classic LB is an artist first (and I do think he is a brilliant one at that) but and unlike SN, he needs FM to release his solo work on a commercial level for a variety of reasons.

Please do not take this as a slam to LB, I am just stating what happened and has happened. I like LB.

Old 04-08-2004, 09:15 PM

Quote:
AOL bought out Warner Bros. in 2000... not 1998. Lindsey had two years after 'The Dance,' to get that album out, and the AOL/Time Warner merger wouldn't have effected it.
And in early 2001, Lindsey was
Dude, you're forgetting "Lindsey time." If you have followed him for a while, you know it's a fact of life. I don't see that as a credibility problem.

Quote:
but he did add that he had "60 songs" to choose from.
Now that was quite probably his second exaggeration in a row...
Not necessarily, Johnny. Considering the amount of time it took him to release the album, and considering his hermit existence at the time, it's entirely plausible. Good artists always have far more songs than they can fit in a album.

Quote:
Mick's book has nothing to do with this particular conversation, as that was written for money and sensationalism...
Uh... Sorry, I don't buy that. We're talking about someone's credibility. I bring up the very relevant fact the man wrote a book full of lies and half-truths, and you dismiss it because it "was written for money and sensationalism." If writing something for money and sensationalism without regard for the facts doesn't erode one's credibility, I don't know what does. Frankly, I'm having trouble even believing you could possibly hold that position. It doesn't make sense.

Quote:
So if we're "considering the source," then I wouldn't believe Lindsey stating that he was releasing a solo album within six to twelve months (for example), any more than I'd believe Mick making the same claim.
That's all I was saying.
Of course every time Lindsey mentions a time frame for releasing an album you should take it with a grain of salt. Experience has taught us that. Experience has also taught us that Mick lies a lot and most of what he says is going to happen just doesn't happen. And experience has taught us that Mick's and Lindsey's credibility and are nowhere near each other. I think the documentary provided ample proof of that.

And let's not forget, Johnny, Mick was the one to plant the thought back around the time of the Dance that Lindsey was about to finish his solo album and that Mick was going to tour with Lindsey to promote it. Lindsey's sort-of confirmation came later. Mick needs to learn to shut up. When he says something is going to happen, the fans start expecting it to happen. When it doesn't, people get disappointed.