John Kasich 1 2.13%
Hillary Clinton 22 46.81%
Bernie Sanders 10 21.28%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 12:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I've spent a lot of time in the U.S. off and on over the years and have relatives and loved ones there still. I'm genuinely quite worried about y'all every election 'cycle' it seems.

I'm not 'a left' or 'a right' though, I thought Bill Clinton was terrible in many ways (the economic meltdown really began under him just hit the fan after) and the same for Bush Jnr. and now Mitt Romney comes back like yet another bad penny from the past (nobody can top Cheney for inducing the most shudders on crawling back into a spotlight though). Well, the news media everywhere has gone down in quality I think, I've lived long enough now I think I can say that. Anyway... Bernie would be pretty much unable to do jack squat, he'd be like Jimmy carter, big ideas and unable to deliver more than haranguing speeches about things not happening out there in the real world just because he's sure he's right. Ted Cruz and Darn Old Trump wouldn't be able to do much either; neither are known for working well with anyone politically from what I can tell. Kasich gets less coverage than even Carson got while Frump got 53 minutes commercial free on CNN, his entire post Romney speech! I guess those most able to pay for stuff get the biggest freebies?

I was glad to see some Dubya ass kicked however, there still seems to be a lot of denial of a pres seen outside the U.S. as one of the all time worst. One of the proudest moments for me as a Canadian was how we stood up to being roped into the supposedly pre-emptive war in Iraq and concentrating on Afghanistan (and paid a high price there). Another has been our accepting tens of thousands of refugees from the middle east disaster while one of the biggest droppers of bombs looks to want to shut out everyone fleeing it! I say this as a friend... that is totally lame of the U.S. (who did take in many from Vietnam etc. from that depressing chapter of history)

Best wishes from Canada!

Last edited by becca; 03-05-2016 at 01:02 AM..
Old 03-05-2016, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I've spent a lot of time in the U.S. off and on over the years and have relatives and loved ones there still. I'm genuinely quite worried about y'all every election 'cycle' it seems.

I'm not 'a left' or 'a right' though, I thought Bill Clinton was terrible in many ways (the economic meltdown really began under him just hit the fan after) and the same for Bush Jnr. and now Mitt Romney comes back like yet another bad penny from the past (nobody can top Cheney for inducing the most shudders on crawling back into a spotlight though). Well, the news media everywhere has gone down in quality I think, I've lived long enough now I think I can say that. Anyway... Bernie would be pretty much unable to do jack squat, he'd be like Jimmy carter, big ideas and unable to deliver more than haranguing speeches about things not happening out there in the real world just because he's sure he's right. Ted Cruz and Darn Old Trump wouldn't be able to do much either; neither are known for working well with anyone politically from what I can tell. Kasich gets less coverage than even Carson got while Frump got 53 minutes commercial free on CNN, his entire post Romney speech! I guess those most able to pay for stuff get the biggest freebies?

I was glad to see some Dubya ass kicked however, there still seems to be a lot of denial of a pres seen outside the U.S. as one of the all time worst. One of the proudest moments for me as a Canadian was how we stood up to being roped into the supposedly pre-emptive war in Iraq and concentrating on Afghanistan (and paid a high price there). Another has been our accepting tens of thousands of refugees from the middle east disaster while one of the biggest droppers of bombs looks to want to shut out everyone fleeing it! I say this as a friend... that is totally lame of the U.S. (who did take in many from Vietnam etc. from that depressing chapter of history)

Best wishes from Canada!
More likely congress is the holdup on things.It does not matter who gets elected.They have to deal with congress ,Senate and House of Rep to get anywhere.Or less the president use the Executive Order process to get something done if he/she needs to.I say good luck to any of them that will get elected in November.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-05-2016, 09:13 AM
Registered

I would MUCH rather Sanders over Clinton - but I honestly don't like either of them. Sanders would be 83 by the end of his 2 term presidency - if he makes it
Old 03-05-2016, 01:48 PM

Old 03-05-2016, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Republican Party pulled a Tonya Harding on Donald Trump and now he is losing. One could only wish Bernie carried a billy club but it won't happen. These elections are rigged.
Old 03-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
The Republican Party pulled a Tonya Harding on Donald Trump and now he is losing. One could only wish Bernie carried a billy club but it won't happen. These elections are rigged.
I dont know about that but the same goes for the peer voted awards shows.Something happens in the backroom of these shows.

I do like Mr Cruz but The Donald is still ahead.Lets see at the conventions what will happen to him.

More likely they .The system , "Not the voters" dont want Mr Trump nominated since he is an outsider.Good reason why they have Romney and others throwing dirt at him in the past couple of weeks.If Mr Cruz wins the nom and The Donald got the boot because he is an outsider .I think Mrs "C" could win the general election.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-05-2016 at 09:54 PM..
Old 03-05-2016, 10:18 PM
Registered

trump lead a salute in 'merica's Wang today
looks like 'mericans found the man who is making it ok to bring racism out of the closet

Last edited by olive; 03-05-2016 at 10:25 PM..
Old 03-05-2016, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
I'm no Trump fan but he did win Kentucky and Louisiana while Cruz whom I hate won Maine and Kansas so Trump still gets the most delegates tonight ,The real loser is Rubio who will get little to no delegates.It's not really in Bernie to go super negative on Hillary ..she will have to wait until the generals for that.

Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I'm no Trump fan but he did win Kentucky and Louisiana while Cruz whom I hate won Maine and Kansas so Trump still gets the most delegates tonight ,The real loser is Rubio who will get little to no delegates.It's not really in Bernie to go super negative on Hillary ..she will have to wait until the generals for that.
Poor Bernie. He is too decent to be a politician. 😓
Old 03-06-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
trump lead a salute in 'merica's Wang today
looks like 'mericans found the man who is making it ok to bring racism out of the closet

They're saluting him in the same way that was used in Germany during nazism and in Italy during fascism...
Old 03-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
They're saluting him in the same way that was used in Germany during nazism and in Italy during fascism...

They're simply pledging to vote in the primary NOTHING more...

Instead of believing everything the media is putting a spin on do a little bit of research for yourself.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:40 AM

I wasn't serious.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

They're simply pledging to vote in the primary NOTHING more...

Instead of believing everything the media is putting a spin on do a little bit of research for yourself.
For a minute there I thought they were doing a Spock Vulcan salute.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I see Mr Kasich is still hanging on..I like him and to bad he is not ahead of Rubio and Cruz.I do like Cruz though.I have to agree with Mr Kasich complaining about all the mud slinging had to stop.I never see so much mud slinging from both sides.

Footnote.Nancy Reagan has passed away.

Read the story in the 2016 deaths thread.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...56#post1179156

Last edited by Macfanforever; 03-06-2016 at 12:42 PM..
Old 03-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tonight we have another chance to see Hillary and Bernie debate on CNN.

Closed Thread