The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While I definitely agree that no one should expect anything other than what they were there intended to see, I don't think it's fair to jump down this person's throat. He/she was just dismayed because he/she didn't get to have something signed, and that is a normal emotion. Many of us were fortunate to meet Lindsey and he was kind and generous, more so than necessary. But this person did not get to experience that so I feel he/she does have some right to be upset.

I don't think it's right to hold anything against Lindsey or his wife. It wasn't a good situation. And reevaluating it, if their children were with them I don't think Kristen did anything I myself wouldn't do.

But Daltry: just so you know, Lindsey is really great to fans for the most part. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful he was to everyone when I met him. This little old lady was there with her son, who was pushing her in a wheelchair, and Lindsey went right over to her and said something...can't remember what...but it was very touching and she seemed thrilled. And he even thanked everyone for waiting out in the cold. He's a really nice guy. Sorry about your experience.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Hey Dummy! "Screwed" was a play on words because of the new album titled "Gift Of Screws"

Had the show been cancelled I would have only been out $5.00 since Mr. Buckingham's tickets were not selling.

Also... I did not expect an autograph just hopeful that it might happen. The point of this thread was to explain what my experience was not to trash the artist.

The bottom line is... if you have two fans in wheelchairs then at least make an effort to greet them don't shuffle off to your car like Woody Allen just because your wife yells at you.

Lindsey's actions toward those two fans was not very nice. Don't say from stage how excited you are to be in your hometown and then treat 12 hometown fans like crap.
The name calling is ridiculous and needs to not happen again. You come here and have given your opinion and everyone else has a right to theirs. Did you expect to start this thread and not have people respond to it? Disagree with me or not on Lindsey behavior with his fans etc...I'm all for a healthy debate. As the moderator of the Buckingham board, you exploding over people's opinions, general statements and your name calling needs to stop. This is your warning.

I don't mind locking the thread.

Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
While I definitely agree that no one should expect anything other than what they were there intended to see, I don't think it's fair to jump down this person's throat. He/she was just dismayed because he/she didn't get to have something signed, and that is a normal emotion. Many of us were fortunate to meet Lindsey and he was kind and generous, more so than necessary. But this person did not get to experience that so I feel he/she does have some right to be upset.

I don't think it's right to hold anything against Lindsey or his wife. It wasn't a good situation. And reevaluating it, if their children were with them I don't think Kristen did anything I myself wouldn't do.

But Daltry: just so you know, Lindsey is really great to fans for the most part. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful he was to everyone when I met him. This little old lady was there with her son, who was pushing her in a wheelchair, and Lindsey went right over to her and said something...can't remember what...but it was very touching and she seemed thrilled. And he even thanked everyone for waiting out in the cold. He's a really nice guy. Sorry about your experience.

I totally agree and appreciate your post.

NOW... FOR THE THIRD TIME...

The reason for this post was not to bash Lindsey... it was only to share my experience and find out what other people have experienced. Lindsey's wife was... RUDE and Lindsey followed her like a lap dog. It was ridiculous behavior that I've never seen before and I have met many rock legends... Roger Daltrey, Ray Davies, Pete Townshend, James Taylor, Neil Diamond etc.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

These are my thoughts:

I agree that he doesn't owe anyone more than just the show. If he happens to be in the mood to sign, greet, take a picture with a fan, whatever, great. But, it also doesn't give his wife the right to be rude about it and from what I've read, if I had been in the crowd and heard her talk to Lindsey that way (like he's one of her kids), I'd have been embarrassed for him. Of course, I wasn't at the bus when it happened, so I didn't hear what was said or how it was said, but that's my personal take on it.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
you Paid $5 freaking dollars for your ticket! and your complaining, is there a reason why you have never posted before? i have flown from Australia for these concerts and i will not be pissed at Lindsey if i dont meet him or if his WIFE wants to go home and put her 2 children under the age of 11 to bed at a time that she feels suitable. On the ticket stub it states Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws tour" not Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws Tour and Meet and greet With fans and the disabled outside afterwards" Grow up man
I think you mean "you're" it's a contraction meaning you are.

Nice grammar.

I've never posted before because I had no reason to post. I have been visiting here and reading for quite some time.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
The name calling is ridiculous and needs to not happen again. You come here and have given your opinion and everyone else has a right to theirs. Did you expect to start this thread and not have people respond to it? Disagree with me or not on Lindsey behavior with his fans etc...I'm all for a healthy debate. As the moderator of the Buckingham board, you exploding over people's opinions, general statements and your name calling needs to stop. This is your warning.

I don't mind locking the thread.

Agree. Thank you I will continue to debate as heatedly as the response are but I will not name call. This should be fun.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:23 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
you Paid $5 freaking dollars for your ticket! and your complaining, is there a reason why you have never posted before? i have flown from Australia for these concerts and i will not be pissed at Lindsey if i dont meet him or if his WIFE wants to go home and put her 2 children under the age of 11 to bed at a time that she feels suitable. On the ticket stub it states Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws tour" not Lindsey Buckingham "Gift of Screws Tour and Meet and greet With fans and the disabled outside afterwards" Grow up man
Those kids were already up past their bedtime at this point. If bedtime was a priority maybe Kristen and the kids should have left right after the show. Daddy would have been home shortly.

Also... what problem do you have with the disabled?? If Lindsey would have acknowledged those two people and ignored the rest of us that would have been fine by me. The fact is he wasn't even gracious enough to do that and those people were right at the front of the line!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
Then I guess by my account and a few others who added their good experience, it's not necessarily normal. We were just trying to add our two cents to help. Thanks.

Read again... it's about 50/50 nice/not nice... that's a coin toss in my book.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

I do think that if you approached Lindsey and had something for him to sign he would sign it. He signed a photo from the stage for me in jacksonville in 2004 because I asked him. Very cool about it.
I had 2 LPs... Tusk and Go Insane... I asked... he kept movin'

Nice guy!
Old 09-17-2008, 10:32 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
Maybe I am in the minority, but when the show is over and done, a performer has put in his time. Everything else is completely optional and a perk to any fan's experience, not something they should expect. If Lindsey had to do press, soundcheck/rehearse, warm-up, then put on a full set, he had been working for quite a few hours at that point and probably just wanted to go home. Especially if it was his hometown show, maybe he was meeting up with some of his relatives afterwards and didn't want to keep THEM waiting. Yes, it's nice to generally be polite to people, especially the ones who support you and buy your albums, but once you do for one, it's hard not to do for all and it's very possible he was trying to avoid the situation as a whole. I can't fault the man, or any performer, for that.

Please for the love of god read my original post before responding. I think I explained the situation in enough detail so that everyone could understand what happened. A lot of the responses read as if people didn't read the original post.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltreyPFD View Post
Please for the love of god read my original post before responding. I think I explained the situation in enough detail so that everyone could understand what happened. A lot of the responses read as if people didn't read the original post.
I read the post. You said:
Quote:
WTF!!! There were 15 of us!! No one was pushing everyone was polite. I have never witnessed anyone be so rude to their fans. It was truly disappointing given the fact that there was so few people waiting and to be honest... when will any of us have a chance to meet Lindsey again.
Sorry, but to me, that sounds like you were expecting more than the man's performance on stage. Hence, my comment. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're always taking a chance on getting your feelings hurt when waiting to meet or get an autograph from a star. I've had positive experiences with the few I've waited for, Lindsey being one of them. But we don't know how they're going to act for many different reasons. Their personality, real time constraints, traveling with family, or maybe being sick. What if they are in a rush to go to the bathroom?

I do think if they have the time it would be nice if they said hello, and maybe sign a few autographs. I hope you don't let what happen make you less of a fan.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlforan View Post

I do have to wonder the point of the wheelchair comment? If I rent a wheelchair do I get a personal meet?

Sarcasm... I like it! But seriously if you really don't understand ignoring fans in wheelchairs then I can't help you.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I read the post. You said:

Sorry, but to me, that sounds like you were expecting more than the man's performance on stage. Hence, my comment. Thanks.
If he didn't want to sign he could have at least been cordial instead of acting rude. He just dropped the pen at his wife's command and took off. In my book that's rude and a little odd.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
You're always taking a chance on getting your feelings hurt when waiting to meet or get an autograph from a star. I've had positive experiences with the few I've waited for, Lindsey being one of them. But we don't know how they're going to act for many different reasons. Their personality, real time constraints, traveling with family, or maybe being sick. What if they are in a rush to go to the bathroom?

I do think if they have the time it would be nice if they said hello, and maybe sign a few autographs. I hope you don't let what happen make you less of a fan.
Not at all. If given the chance I will try again.

Listened to Mirage today... I love that CD.