The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: How may concerts have you watched?
1 7 6.86%
between 2 and 5 41 40.20%
between 6 and 10 27 26.47%
between 11 and 20 16 15.69%
between 21 and 30 3 2.94%
31 or more, so much I CAN'T REMEMBER!!! 8 7.84%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2004, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
I went to 11 shows on the SYW tour.
Wait, what!? you did? I was just thinking while reading everyone's shows from the east coast, that i wish Cali wasn't so big - the shows are spaced so far apart! But, you live by me, and you saw 11 shows? Awesome!!! I was thinking the only other one i coulda went to was marysville...oh, wait, i put i saw 2, but i forgot i saw Oakland the year before! still, though. Did you go to LA ones, or...Oregon ones or...Arizona???hehehe. Just curious.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I know exactly how you feel. It was about this time last year that I got FM's Greatest Hits (a.k.a. the "Green Album"). It was my first FM CD. I had only been a fan of Stevie's solo work since summer of 2003, too. I came onto a bunch of these message boards and wondered what in the world I could say to everyone! I pretty much just got my Tango CD like you; I've had it about four months now. I'll be feeling inadequate for awhile in comparison to the veteran fans, but I figure that in spite of that, we're at the best part of fandom, don't you think? Discovering and hearing the music for the first time is fantastic! I don't think you can ever go back and have that again, that feeling like Wow! I love every track on this CD! I'm never going to get tired of it!

Please excuse my ditziness.

Which albums have you gotten so far?

Hillary
I feel you. Although it seems that you even have way more "stuff" then me. I've been a fan for about 10 years, (although i fell in love with Stevie before that - age 3 and age 8 and age 12) but don't have much stuff...and yes, i feel like i am at the best part of fandom. But i often don't know what people are talking about when they talk about songs. Especially as i have very little of Lindsey's solo work. But i love Stevie most, so it's ok. Still, I just got all of stevie's solo, and TUSK last april. I sweah, I listened to the green album, Tango, Timespace, and Street Angel, for 10 years! Is that a fan, or what? So don't feel bad...I don't think i'm any less of a fan for it. In fact, i (and you) may be more of one, because our obsession stuck with so little material!
right? yeah? C'mon!

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-16-2004, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
I feel you. Although it seems that you even have way more "stuff" then me. I've been a fan for about 10 years, (although i fell in love with Stevie before that - age 3 and age 8 and age 12) but don't have much stuff...and yes, i feel like i am at the best part of fandom. But i often don't know what people are talking about when they talk about songs. Especially as i have very little of Lindsey's solo work. But i love Stevie most, so it's ok. Still, I just got all of stevie's solo, and TUSK last april. I sweah, I listened to the green album, Tango, Timespace, and Street Angel, for 10 years! Is that a fan, or what? So don't feel bad...I don't think i'm any less of a fan for it. In fact, i (and you) may be more of one, because our obsession stuck with so little material!
right? yeah? C'mon!

Hillary and Amber--Biggest FM Fans at The Ledge.

The only reason I have a lot of stuff at this point is because my Mom is on a mission to feed my FM obsession--she's always surprising me with FM stuff. The best thing was when she surprised me with the Enchanted box set. But I don't have any Lindsey solo either. However, I have downloaded some Lindsey solo stuff for free, the thief I am.

Hillary
Old 12-16-2004, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Hillary and Amber--Biggest FM Fans at The Ledge.

The only reason I have a lot of stuff at this point is because my Mom is on a mission to feed my FM obsession--she's always surprising me with FM stuff. The best thing was when she surprised me with the Enchanted box set. But I don't have any Lindsey solo either. However, I have downloaded some Lindsey solo stuff for free, the thief I am.

Hillary
That's so sweet of your mom!!! My mom rolls her eyes and says "I ONLY love GDW" (she really loves it, though). But, I think my parents are getting me the Mirage DVD for Xmas. The enchanted box set is great, i bought it when it came out, but later had to sell it. Actually, same with TUSK. I bought it then had to sell it. then got it again.(when i won all the reissues from the radio) Same with me on the Lindsey solo stuff. I have some of his solo live performances. *sshhhh, don't let people hear about downloading! I don't want another lecture about what a bad person i am! But, yeah, biggest fans, WOOT!!!

Old 12-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's so sweet of your mom!!! My mom rolls her eyes and says "I ONLY love GDW" (she really loves it, though). But, I think my parents are getting me the Mirage DVD for Xmas. The enchanted box set is great, i bought it when it came out, but later had to sell it. Actually, same with TUSK. I bought it then had to sell it. then got it again.(when i won all the reissues from the radio) Same with me on the Lindsey solo stuff. I have some of his solo live performances. *sshhhh, don't let people hear about downloading! I don't want another lecture about what a bad person i am! But, yeah, biggest fans, WOOT!!!
I'm sorry that your Mom only digs GDW. (That one's not even one of my faves!) Well, my Dad doesn't like any of it. I know I've said the same thing about my Dad on this exact message board, but all he really likes is Bread. But I've gotten my Mom all into FM and Stevie. I've made her four or five CDs, and she loves rockin' out to "POTU" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around." She's more of a Stevie fan than an FM fan, but I can get her into FM stuff sometimes. She likes "NGBA," "Why," "Sunny Side of Heaven," and almost anything Stevie did with FM. She doesn't like any of Lindsey's Tusk songs, no matter how much I try to get her into "IKINW." She likes the Bob Welch stuff on Mystery to Me. She usually doesn't like Christine ('cept for "Why"), but I recently played her the Christine Perfect stuff I got from Over my Head and she loved that.

Good God, did I just go off on a huge tangent about my Mom and FM or what? I guess I just couldn't resist.

Anyway, you won all the re-issues on the radio! Wow! You go girl! I don't remember you saying that. That rocks! If I were Paris (I know we both love her to death), I'd say "That's hot!"

Hillary
Old 12-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sorry that your Mom only digs GDW. (That one's not even one of my faves!) Well, my Dad doesn't like any of it. I know I've said the same thing about my Dad on this exact message board, but all he really likes is Bread. But I've gotten my Mom all into FM and Stevie. I've made her four or five CDs, and she loves rockin' out to "POTU" and "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around." She's more of a Stevie fan than an FM fan, but I can get her into FM stuff sometimes. She likes "NGBA," "Why," "Sunny Side of Heaven," and almost anything Stevie did with FM. She doesn't like any of Lindsey's Tusk songs, no matter how much I try to get her into "IKINW." She likes the Bob Welch stuff on Mystery to Me. She usually doesn't like Christine ('cept for "Why"), but I recently played her the Christine Perfect stuff I got from Over my Head and she loved that.

Good God, did I just go off on a huge tangent about my Mom and FM or what? I guess I just couldn't resist.

Anyway, you won all the re-issues on the radio! Wow! You go girl! I don't remember you saying that. That rocks! If I were Paris (I know we both love her to death), I'd say "That's hot!"

Hillary
Yes, that is hot! And member i won the Stevie TISL tickets for being the best at singing a Stevie song? that? is also Hot! I don't mind the tangent, it's interesting to me. That's cool about your mom!!!! Aren't parents mysterious? that they're not exactly like you? I think my dad actually likes FM more than mom. He was like "man, i saw [the dance] on PBS, and Lindsey sure is a good guitar player!!!" But my mom only knows the songs from the radio, and I think the CMcVie ones really turned her off. she would say something like..."poppy sappy" but i'm gonna try to re-edumacate her a bit over Xmas vacation oh, she also likes the chain ok. I was thinking i'd bust out the GDW videos, and I know she would be intrigued by the harmony on Insider, and, I think, SOTM she would like. She's pretty into alternative country right now . It's hard for her to like mac, cause she likes depressing songs. ie, we were not a Beatles household, we were a Doors household. I'm suprised your mom doesn't like IKINW, that's my fav!!! Don't feel bad for babbling, at least not to me. I'm very curious, so i think it's interesting.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, that is hot!...
And you won TISL tickets! When you tell everyone this stuff? I missed all that! Was it some kind of radio contest where you had to call and sing Stevie or something? I would so try something like that!

I bet if your Mom likes GDW then she definitely has the potential to like more of the stuff Stevie did with FM. And I agree that she should like "Insider." That's one of the irresistable ones, in my opinion. I bet she would like SOTM, too. And if she likes, depressing songs, then she should like...well, all of Stevie's solo work pretty much, right? Yeah, I still don't get why my Mom won't like "IKINW"--it's one of my favorite songs off of Tusk, and one of my fave FM songs ever. But she thinks Lindsey sounds whiny and doesn't like his lyrics or his style in general. I think she just wants him to be quiet and play the guitar to Stevie's singing. But she thinks he's really hot in the videos for "Little Lies" and "Hold Me," so she likes lookin' at him! Yeah, she says she prefers Bob Welch's voice. Maybe your Mom would like him, too.

Oh, and I meant to say that it's cool you're getting the Mirage DVD for Christmas. Isn't it out of print? I don't have it yet so you'll have to tell me how you like it.

I'm glad you don't mind the babbling. I just get sooooo giddy because I'm out of school for a few weeks and I'm at liberty to be at the computer all the time, basically, so I'm at this board much of the day. Wow, I just realized how pathetic that sounded.

Hillary
Old 12-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you won TISL tickets! When you tell everyone this stuff? I missed all that! Was it some kind of radio contest where you had to call and sing Stevie or something? I would so try something like that!

yes, that's what it was! I did Rhiannon.

Quote:
But she thinks Lindsey sounds whiny and doesn't like his lyrics or his style in general.
Yes, that's what my mom thinks, too...likes to make fun of GYOW
Quote:
Oh, and I meant to say that it's cool you're getting the Mirage DVD for Christmas. Isn't it out of print? I don't have it yet so you'll have to tell me how you like it.

I'm glad you don't mind the babbling. I just get sooooo giddy because I'm out of school for a few weeks and I'm at liberty to be at the computer all the time, basically, so I'm at this board much of the day. Wow, I just realized how pathetic that sounded.

Hillary
Wow, you finished school early!!!! I found Mirage on Amazon, so...
Hey, i'm at the board all day, too, usually but i always want to talk to whichever most interesting, funny person i can, so...if that's online, so be it!!!

Old 12-16-2004, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wait, what!? you did? I was just thinking while reading everyone's shows from the east coast, that i wish Cali wasn't so big - the shows are spaced so far apart! But, you live by me, and you saw 11 shows? Awesome!!! I was thinking the only other one i coulda went to was marysville...oh, wait, i put i saw 2, but i forgot i saw Oakland the year before! still, though. Did you go to LA ones, or...Oregon ones or...Arizona???hehehe. Just curious.
Sacramento 7-03
San Jose 7-03
LA 7-03
Oakland 7-03
Reno 8-03
LA 10-03
Bakersfield 10-03
Fresno 6-04
Marysville 6-04
Concord 6-04
San Jose 6-04

Quote:
And member i won the Stevie TISL tickets for being the best at singing a Stevie song?
That's cool. I was trying to win front row tickets to the San Jose show in '03 and you had to rap the lyrics to any Fleetwood Mac song you wanted. I was going to rap Landslide and I actually got through to KFOG and was put on hold but someone else won before I got on the air.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden braid
Sacramento 7-03
San Jose 7-03
LA 7-03
Oakland 7-03
Reno 8-03
LA 10-03
Bakersfield 10-03
Fresno 6-04
Marysville 6-04
Concord 6-04
San Jose 6-04

That's cool. I was trying to win front row tickets to the San Jose show in '03 and you had to rap the lyrics to any Fleetwood Mac song you wanted. I was going to rap Landslide and I actually got through to KFOG and was put on hold but someone else won before I got on the air.
oh, now that you say which concerts, it makes sense. It's cool that you got all the way to LA! Can we carpool next time? And i have relatives around Reno we can stay with... Wow, i totally didn't hear that KFOG contest! it's sad you didn't win, i'm sure your rap was awesome!!! How weird that they asked people to rap an FM song

Old 12-16-2004, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, that's what my mom thinks, too...likes to make fun of GYOW
Mine too! She says "Packin' up, shackin' up's all you wanna do" is one of the worst lines in music. It's my least favorite part of the song, but I LOVE the song.

Hillary
Old 12-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mine too! She says "Packin' up, shackin' up's all you wanna do" is one of the worst lines in music. It's my least favorite part of the song, but I LOVE the song.

Hillary
I love GYOW, too. Can't get a better singing, drumming, bassing, guitar solo song! Also it's one of the best workout songs evah! My mom only makes fun of the whiny voice. It's funny, but i'm like, "don't make me kick your ass, mom! "
And i submit, that that is absolutely not among the worst lyrics!

Old 12-17-2004, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

GYOW is my favorite Liddy song....ever. I never tire of it.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer
GYOW is my favorite Liddy song....ever. I never tire of it.
Hezza.

Old 12-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just get sooooo giddy because I'm out of school for a few weeks and I'm at liberty to be at the computer all the time
I know the feeling! Although I should be working on my master's thesis. I just can't bring myself to think about it over the holidays so here I am!!