Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Haha... no, I don't. I do tend to wax poetic, though, about the things I like. (Meanwhile, I was trying to remain somewhat tasteful in my comments -- so I probably ended up sounding like a stuffy old lady, lol.)
I meant it in a good way! You were really getting me into the whole dick thing.

*ahem* But yes, remaining tasteful. That's... Yes. *cough*
Old 12-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't really care what he said. I didn't expect him to say anything different. He is a hick. I have a low opinion of hicks. He does have the right express his opinion. I thought the Paula Deen controversy was ridiculous, too, and I"m most definitely a liberal.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/duck-dynast...003417098.html

Robertson added in the interview, “It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”
One man's view, others beg to differ........................

Well, that's pretty much the end of that show!! (not that I ever watched it). You'll be seeing the DD stuff at Wal- Mart in the clearance aisles right about......NOW!!!

Remember too, Phil is the D(u)ick Commander!!! (Yes, I too am trying to figure that one out???)

And actually, since we're on a Stevie forum (ah hem), LOVE is NOT what Matters, "Love is the Answer" : http://youtu.be/IjMKz0wCGmw

Last edited by Newzchspy; 12-19-2013 at 06:05 PM..
Old 12-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Those stupid chia-pet thingy's probably selling out.I think the show is probably looking for some free publicity in the news even if its bad.It will make more idiots tune in and watch the BS show.

Big freaking deal on Duck call gadgets .Anybody could make those.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-19-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After reading his (semi) apology, I think that his words were somewhat taken out of context, but he still knew full well what problems he might have caused.

I wonder what his take on transgender/ transsexual people is. I must be his ultimate enemy, seeing as hhow I'm that and gay.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still dont understand why these people in the spotlight say negative BS on TV,radio,online or in print.Who want this nonsense under their belts.It will follow them for rest of their life because people always think of the bad crap about somebody as they screw up.

No I dont feel sorry for Phil .He should just keep his mouth shut.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never watched Duck Dynasty, never heard of GLAAD, but remember GQ stands for Gentleman's Quarterly which I also have never read (and wonder if the duck hunters would qualify as gentlemen anywhere).

Homosexuality being followed by Beastiality on any list tends to equal plain old fashioned ignorance. If you want to argue that the two belong together on any basis, even religious, I can't be bothered to take you seriously. It's no different than saying people who like french kissing molest penguins or something. How awkwardly silly.

There is such a thing called willful ignorance, and the bible teaches that ignorance is not innocence.

The same person's comments about black people in the south 'not complaining' was equally depressing in it's willful ignorance. Just because there seem to be more of these limited intellects coming out of the closets of the darkest parts of the U.S., does not mean people should get used to them. A&E is a private company and can terminate contracts for any reason other than discrimination probably, but for a discriminating person to claim they were discriminated against for that only shows their isolation from the mainstream of society and likely a privileged existence to be so ignorant of genuine discrimination some have to live with every day.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
After reading his (semi) apology, I think that his words were somewhat taken out of context, but he still knew full well what problems he might have caused.

I wonder what his take on transgender/ transsexual people is. I must be his ultimate enemy, seeing as hhow I'm that and gay.
you would probably just confuse him
Old 12-20-2013, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
Homosexuality being followed by Beastiality on any list tends to equal plain old fashioned ignorance. If you want to argue that the two belong together on any basis, even religious, I can't be bothered to take you seriously. It's no different than saying people who like french kissing molest penguins or something. How awkwardly silly.
Yep, we get the same stupid crap from one of our politicians over here on the debate about marriage equality. Allow gay people to marry and soon bestiality and paedophilia will be legal too, and think of the children who will all end up either getting molested by all these gay people who are suddenly going to turn into paedophiles or suddenly start having babies and raising them in (god forbid) a loving household with two parents of the same sex.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
you would probably just confuse him

Haha, I confuse myself sometimes, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 12-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Yep, we get the same stupid crap from one of our politicians over here on the debate about marriage equality. Allow gay people to marry and soon bestiality and paedophilia will be legal too, and think of the children who will all end up either getting molested by all these gay people who are suddenly going to turn into paedophiles or suddenly start having babies and raising them in (god forbid) a loving household with two parents of the same sex.
Didn't Australia just legalize same sex marriage?
Old 12-20-2013, 09:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca View Post
I've never watched Duck Dynasty, never heard of GLAAD, but remember GQ stands for Gentleman's Quarterly which I also have never read (and wonder if the duck hunters would qualify as gentlemen anywhere).

There is such a thing called willful ignorance, and the bible teaches that ignorance is not innocence.

The same person's comments about black people in the south 'not complaining' was equally depressing in it's willful ignorance. Just because there seem to be more of these limited intellects coming out of the closets of the darkest parts of the U.S., does not mean people should get used to them. A&E is a private company and can terminate contracts for any reason other than discrimination probably, but for a discriminating person to claim they were discriminated against for that only shows their isolation from the mainstream of society and likely a privileged existence to be so ignorant of genuine discrimination some have to live with every day.
That kind of ignorance isn't thought of as being ignorant here in Georgia or in Louisiana. Most white people would agree with it. I'm scared of coming out with the real me because the consequences would be very bad. I'd get disowned, be humiliated, be told to ask for forgiveness by a god I don't think exists etc.

As for the comment about black people, welfare is frowned upon here. His opinion fits most white people.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That kind of ignorance isn't thought of as being ignorant here in Georgia or in Louisiana. Most white people would agree with it. I'm scared of coming out with the real me because the consequences would be very bad. I'd get disowned, be humiliated, be told to ask for forgiveness by a god I don't think exists etc.

As for the comment about black people, welfare is frowned upon here. His opinion fits most white people.
Unfortunately many people in the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pa also feel the same way and it makes sick to my stomach. I moved to the city to get away from that crap. Ugh!
There are a new set of videos of Phil from back in 2010 that surfaced today.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1553737
Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That must be tough, when you feel like you can't be your real self with people. I just wish these people could be more accepting, but that's probably not going to happen
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
That must be tough, when you feel like you can't be your real self with people. I just wish these people could be more accepting, but that's probably not going to happen
It will eventually in probably 50 years or so. It's similar to the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s/1960s. That came to pass, and so will this form of equality.