The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

One other thought pertaining to my above post.....a Stevieless FM would never happen....she's the main cash draw.
This is backed up by the fact that they weren't willing to release the B/M album as a FM album....you think they would risk rocking the boat on a full world tour (which I'm betting is going to be a lot smaller and shorter than originally planned) when they wouldn't even do it for one album?!?
ABSO-FRICKIN-LUTELY not!!
Old 04-10-2018, 02:55 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Food for thought …

My preference would be LMJC, but as someone who has been in situations where someone in the band was clearly not working out, Lindsey’s behavior around the Classic shows and the public badmouthing of Classic West prior to the show would have been more than enough reason for him to get the axe. His lack of enthusiasm was apparent during the videos I’ve seen, and I’ve seen a few guys get fired for that.
It can hardly be denied that Lindsey often says provocative and inappropriate things. Heck, over the years he has repeatedly said he would rather be somewhere else than with the Mac. But nonetheless he did do his job. He hated every minute of doing so and was not shy about saying so, but he rescued Tango in the Night from what would have been an album that would have made Time look like a masterpiece. He may badmouth the band, but he showed up for work nonetheless, unlike the "icon" who thought it better for her to violate Australian immigration laws just to sing with Tom Petty while her band was recording a new album.

Why doesn't anyone say anything when the "icon" complains about the band, as she has often done? Has Lindsey said anything so outrageous and insulting as the icon did when she dissed SYW? The demos were better? Oh please. Plonk plonk plonk on the piano better than Lindsey's studio magic?

Frankly I could not care less if the band want to strangle each other after every concert. What I am disgusted by is their clear disregard of the wishes of the fans--was there any clamour for the inclusion of Neil Finn in the band? They knew the fans wanted a Rumours 5 farewell tour, and they chose not to give it to us. Who do they think funded their multi-million dollar mansions, money falling from trees?

Last edited by NotonRodeo; 04-10-2018 at 05:37 AM.. Reason: Reduced verbosity
Old 04-10-2018, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
.....Stevie....she's the main cash draw.
Did you almost write cash cow?
Old 04-10-2018, 03:01 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I don't even mind so much that the band fired Lindsey, I just feel that they should have called it quits right then. Out of respect for the band, their legacy and their fans.
Agreed. Let On with the Show be called in retrospect the farewell tour. At least we wouldn't have to go through this soap opera all over again.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:13 AM
Registered

If I wanted Neil Finn I'd buy Crowded House and Split Enz records! (I even remember 6 Months in a Leaky Boat, which I guess shows my age) I don't need to hear him mime GYOW and NGBA. And it would be absolutely degrading to see him forced to sing harmonies to "RHEE-AAHH-NOHN". He deserves better than that.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish they would just disband. I don’t want to remember them this way. They are out of time. There will be no more future albums of tours from them. They should not go out with a firing.
Old 04-10-2018, 04:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

I thought i've heard somewhere that Lindsey first wanted to do a tour of his own and after that one he wanted to go on tour with FM. Any truth in this??
Old 04-10-2018, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick says 'Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs'.

Perhaps Lindsey should take his arrangements of those songs with him, and see how they get on. That nice two-chord piano version of Rhiannon, perhaps, plodding away for ages...
Old 04-10-2018, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This tweet from UK music journalist Pete Paphides just about sums it up:

'I think of it more as Fleetwood Mac having joined Neil Finn.'

https://twitter.com/petepaphides/sta...18025067773952
Old 04-10-2018, 04:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
This tweet from UK music journalist Pete Paphides just about sums it up:

'I think of it more as Fleetwood Mac having joined Neil Finn.'

https://twitter.com/petepaphides/sta...18025067773952
To quote someone on that twitter:

Crowded Mac House ... suggests a rather busy low-end burger restaurant.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just can’t believe this. At this point in their career. Really!? They just got Christine back. How are you going to go out without Lindsey? Either way it’s messed up. If Lindsey quit, it’s messed up that he would leave now, when it’s reaching the end of Fleetwood Mac’s career. Same goes for if he was “fired”, how can you fire Lindsey now, you just got Christine back, you can’t end like this. I’m very grateful that I saw them twice in 2014-2015 and at the Classic West last summer. How can they not come to an agreement at this point in time. Christine and John are like 75, Lindsey is the youngest one. He has time to go do solo stuff after one last Fleetwood Mac tour. This is definitely going to hurt ticket sales. I’m actually really surprised Mick and Stevie are willing to tour without Lindsey. Im sure those two are the most aware of the novelty of the five of them. It’s also messed up that when Christine wanted to rejoin, Lindsey was the one that said “you can come back, but you can’t leave again.”
Old 04-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

There is a pinhead article going around that is not worthy of posting. It says Fleetwood Mac is bigger than Lindsey Buckingham and Lindsey does not make the band. Of course the Mac is bigger than Lindsey. But Lindsey gives the Mac its sound and creativity especially live. Would anyone say removing Eddie Van Halen from Van Halen or Angus Young from AC DC would not be a big deal.
Also, this is their swan song. To kick out their guitarist and do the goodbye tour with replacements is so wrong. Crowded Mac House.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamIsOver View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/09/enter...ham/index.html
"A source close to the band told CNN that the split was "over musical differences regarding the tour." A representative for Buckingham referred questions to the band."

In other words - don't ask me, ask them
I have a theory. Did he want to do new Mac music before touring so they would do new music in the tour OR did he want to include On With the Show and Carnival Begin in the setlist?

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I have a theory. Did he want to do new Mac music before touring so they would do new music in the tour OR did he want to include On With the Show and Carnival Begin in the setlist?
Oh gosh that's painful
They fired their guitarist because he wanted to do fresh music during the tour?
Perhaps fighting for playing a song from Buckingham/McVie instead of Stand Back.

The story could not get more sad.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:38 AM

I agree with who said that this line-up is surely a rapid makeweight stand-in, however now that I've slept on it and I have a clearer mind I wonder if it's possible that it was Lindsey that gave an ultimatum of some sort to the band.