User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
You know what this reminds me of---when Stevie married Kim in her grief stricken state after Robin died. Could Mike Campbell be having his own "Stevie married Kim due to extreme grief" moment here? A perfect storm of two deeply wounded people coming together. But what would Tom Petty think about this? Mike and Tom were/are friends with Lindsey not just Stevie.
Exactly what I was thinking!
Old 04-10-2018, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Being able to see FM live for the first (and last) time in 2004 was a big thrill that I wouldn't want to begrudge any new fans, but given the reality of these performers as living individuals who have to haul ass all over the world, strain their vocal cords for hours every night, and put up with each other and the rest of the circus on a day-in day-out basis, I wish they would just go the way of, say, ABBA--let the fans enjoy the excitement and pleasure of experiencing their songs live through official vehicles like the Mamma Mia musical, while the actual legends themselves mostly refrain from the grueling tours and just appear in a variety of occasional fun group and individual projects, their reputations, legacy, fanbase, and health all the more intact for it.

Hello Nancy and others!
Hello Joe! On occasion, I still play that version of "Why" you made! Miss you!

And yes, I too wish they'd hang it up rather than damage themselves like this in more ways than one.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-10-2018 at 06:02 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 06:19 AM
Senior Ledgie

While I'm as ticked off as everyone else that my favorite Mac member has been shown the door, I am a bit intrigued by the idea of Neil Finn joining the band. It would be great if they throw one or two Split Enz chestnuts into the set list! Would love to hear Christine playing Eddie Raynor's keyboard solo on "I Got You"!
Old 04-10-2018, 06:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I was listening to some old material where SnL were really going back and forth and I was thinking, not only will I miss the musical blend, but I will miss the interactions as well. I'm not just talking about the staged stuff - although I did enjoy that - but when they sang to each other, and when Stevie ramped it up as a result... it was really cool to have the subjects of the song onstage with each other singing passionately, and it was something that was almost unique to Fleetwood Mac.

Is she going to sing Silver Springs to the freaking guy from Crowded House? How lame and laughable is that going to be? They can drop that, of course, but she can't drop every song about Lindsey or she'll lose half her catalogue. We've come to expect onstage performance along with the music at a Fleetwood Mac show. Now that will be gone. I for one will miss it.... that is, if I even go at all.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oMnV6Evk3tw

Rubbish??
Old 04-10-2018, 06:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yes. I've had dealings with that guy before in the Eagles fandom. He has zero insider knowledge.

This guy actually says that he think a point of contention could be that Lindsey only wanted to play the hits!!

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-10-2018 at 06:34 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 07:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Amy, great post! Thank you.
Amy - I completely share your thoughts and feelings. Thank you so much for your post
Old 04-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Been to sleep, get up and it just dawns on me

W-H-A-T the f**k have they done !!

If they have had a major row about new material...fine let Lindsey go just for this stupid tour. BUT don’t fire the man.
Just say he won’t be joining this tour.
One thing is certain.....There will be NO new music from FMac. EVER.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Been to sleep, get up and it just dawns on me

W-H-A-T the f**k have they done !!

If they have had a major row about new material...fine let Lindsey go just for this stupid tour. BUT don’t fire the man.
Just say he won’t be joining this tour.
One thing is certain.....There will be NO new music from FMac. EVER.
Guess I'll be coming to Berkshire so we can have a cry.
Old 04-10-2018, 08:01 AM

Unhappy

I know a lot of you guys are sad like me.

As a Fleetwood Mac fan, this is a disaster. (Yes, there are silver linings.)

But the five members of Lindsey Buckingham, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood were a unit that was off the charts amazing.

No matter whom you blame...... for them not to create new music and then fire Linsdey..

The news deeply saddens me. A large testament that commerce has completely taken over what used to be a unique and beautiful creation of a band.

RIP Firelies
Old 04-10-2018, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
While I'm as ticked off as everyone else that my favorite Mac member has been shown the door, I am a bit intrigued by the idea of Neil Finn joining the band. It would be great if they throw one or two Split Enz chestnuts into the set list! Would love to hear Christine playing Eddie Raynor's keyboard solo on "I Got You"!
I don't know much about Neil Finn or Crowded House except for their two most popular songs. I understand Neil has been critically acclaimed. Since you're more familiar with his work, I was hoping you could provide a little more insight, BlanketMan. Are Neil and Lindsey similar at all, vocally, for example? How do you think Neil could handle Go Your Own Way? Might Neil do a good job with Bob Welch material, like Hypnotized or Sentimental Lady?

I kind of suspect Neil will be a replacement vocally for Bob Welch, with only 2-3 LB songs, which would really surprise folks!
Old 04-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Senior Ledgie

They better not play “The Chain”, that would really suck now
Old 04-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Guys with equal status?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
It can hardly be denied that Lindsey often says provocative and inappropriate things. Heck, over the years he has repeatedly said he would rather be somewhere else than with the Mac. But nonetheless he did do his job. He hated every minute of doing so and was not shy about saying so, but he rescued Tango in the Night from what would have been an album that would have made Time look like a masterpiece. He may badmouth the band, but he showed up for work nonetheless, unlike the "icon" who thought it better for her to violate Australian immigration laws just to sing with Tom Petty while her band was recording a new album.
He publicly badmouthed a gig that promoters were trying to sell and proceeded to half-ass the show. It doesn’t matter if he’s an equal partner or that he showed up, things like that ultimately have consequences.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-10-2018, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I don't know much about Neil Finn or Crowded House except for their two most popular songs. I understand Neil has been critically acclaimed. Since you're more familiar with his work, I was hoping you could provide a little more insight, BlanketMan. Are Neil and Lindsey similar at all, vocally, for example? How do you think Neil could handle Go Your Own Way? Might Neil do a good job with Bob Welch material, like Hypnotized or Sentimental Lady?

I kind of suspect Neil will be a replacement vocally for Bob Welch, with only 2-3 LB songs, which would really surprise folks!
The closest Neil sounds to any of the past members is Danny Kirwan, only Neil has a much stronger voice.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-10-2018, 09:03 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
He publicly badmouthed a gig that promoters were trying to sell and proceeded to half-ass the show. It doesn’t matter if he’s an equal partner or that he showed up, things like that ultimately have consequences.
So it's not OK for Lindsey to badmouth anybody, but the icon can smear her own band's CD? Prey tell, where were the consequences of her mocking SYW?