Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Love your sig by the way!
Yeah I tried to come up with something clever and smart...and well that's what I decided!

I just hope that Stevie and Lindsey's soon to be albums go over well and they are convinced to come together for another Mac album at the end of the year/2012.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I was under the impression that they didn't really know whether they would carry on as a foursome until they did Bill Clinton's farewell concert in 2001 (or 2002?) and felt at ease with it. Clinton did some stupid stuff during his presidency, but you've gotta love him for the way he helped to shape Fleetwood Mac destiny.
I'll have to see if I can find the interview. It was backstage at an awards show or something during The Dance or right after and Stevie said they planned to do an album in 5 years but that Christine was retiring and that was that.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was watching Destiny Rules the other day and I think Stevie's biggest problem with SYW was the fact that she was so disconnected from it. Lindsey's songs were mostly done by the time she got there and all she had to do was stick some vocals on them. Aside from her 4 new songs she showed up with, they had been "working on her songs for the past six months." If the Mac does another album, they need to do it together, not with one of them off touring. Stevie doesn't have to show up on the days when they are only working on a Lindsey song, but six months? That is ridiculous. As for producers, I see them "trying" several producers. Dave will for sure be one of the ones they try out, but there is no guarantee they will keep him. I see Lindsey being a "co-producer" and Dave being a "co-producer" on some of Stevie's songs, or maybe the whole album. But will they give the producing reigns completely to Dave? No way in hell. Or perhaps it will happen like the whole ordeal with Chris Lord Alge for SYW?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I was watching Destiny Rules the other day and I think Stevie's biggest problem with SYW was the fact that she was so disconnected from it. Lindsey's songs were mostly done by the time she got there and all she had to do was stick some vocals on them. Aside from her 4 new songs she showed up with, they had been "working on her songs for the past six months." If the Mac does another album, they need to do it together, not with one of them off touring. Stevie doesn't have to show up on the days when they are only working on a Lindsey song, but six months? That is ridiculous. As for producers, I see them "trying" several producers. Dave will for sure be one of the ones they try out, but there is no guarantee they will keep him. I see Lindsey being a "co-producer" and Dave being a "co-producer" on some of Stevie's songs, or maybe the whole album. But will they give the producing reigns completely to Dave? No way in hell. Or perhaps it will happen like the whole ordeal with Chris Lord Alge for SYW?
I think this was a massive problem with TITN, too. Those days she didn't show up until 2pm.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 AM

You know what would be funny? If Christine produced their next album..
Old 03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
What the hell does she actually want with or from them?
The money ain't bad.

Quote:
Is the little insecure girl inside still looking for acceptance from them?
No way. It's like Mick says, they're all gigsters. They love getting out on stage and playing to a crowd. It's all they've ever done or wanted to do. They still draw a rather sizeable concert crowd and people still want to buy their albums, so why stop now?
Old 03-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I was watching Destiny Rules the other day and I think Stevie's biggest problem with SYW was the fact that she was so disconnected from it. Lindsey's songs were mostly done by the time she got there and all she had to do was stick some vocals on them. Aside from her 4 new songs she showed up with, they had been "working on her songs for the past six months."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I think this was a massive problem with TITN, too. Those days she didn't show up until 2pm.
Not trying to hijack the thread here but...

To me TITN worked out quite well with the limited involvement of Stevie. Christine and Lindsey seemed to worked together well w/Christine contributing some of her best songs. Plus the album has an overall "sound/theme" to it. I suppose Lindsey decided upon that.

SYW w/o Christine and limited involvement from Stevie makes SYW more a Lindsey album featuring Stevie Nicks.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's that old saying? A rolling stone gathers no moss? Looks like Dave Stewart isn't sitting idle waiting on a modest proposal from Fleetwood Mac. I was listening to the radio and heard Dave is now working with another Mick, Mr. Jagger, on Jagger's new solo album.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's a Mick who knows how to strike when the iron is hot (post-Grammy buzz). wow

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope they make a new album, I am not a fan of SYW. Where is all the Stevie mysticism And why on earth do are those song so fast and up-tempo!
Old 03-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought Stevie wasn't going to make another FM album "in this lifetime" without Christine?

so we'll all have to wait for the afterlife

Gail
Old 03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
I thought Stevie wasn't going to make another FM album "in this lifetime" without Christine?
well, "without Christine" apparently changed into "without Dave" now.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
I really hope they make a new album, I am not a fan of SYW. Where is all the Stevie mysticism And why on earth do are those song so fast and up-tempo!
I am a huge fan of SYW and love all the songs except for just one or two of Stevie's.

What I'm not as keen on these days are the White and Rumours albums - the reason being that I much prefer all those songs as live versions on CDs and DVDs. Now, when I play the White album and Rumours (which I still do of course) they just sound much too tame.

Anyhow, roll on another album - it now seems like a long long time ago that Lindsey hinted so strongly of one during the Unleashed tour!