Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I know you've gotta be joking here, right? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Stevie produced anything on TUSK and while the band was recording Tango she was on tour promoting RAL. She was hardly there for the recording of Tango.
yes... but i wanted David to say it... lol
Old 07-12-2008, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
What she supposedly told Sheryl would basically just be considered some friendly advise. I'm sure Sheryl brings little Wyatt along with her on her current solo tour. [B]It wouldn't stop her from bringing Wyatt along if she was a member of FM.[B]
Which is exactly why I was referring to Stevie telling a lie. Here's what she said:

Quote:
“Sheryl and I discussed this in the nicest of ways. Sheryl has a new baby, and a new baby is all encompassing. We decided it wasn’t the best idea,” says Nicks. “I had to explain to her the ups and downs of being in a band like Fleetwood Mac. You sign your name on the contract and it’s like being in the Army. You don’t have your own life anymore. That’s why I went solo.”
That insinuates the reason Stevie gave Sheryl for not being in FM was her baby, Wyatt. But, now the new info has Sheryl on the road with them anyway. So, Wyatt had nothing to do with it.

But, it's all good - it's Stevie's mo - she says stuff like that all the time.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This comment was made based on what I had written about Stevie telling Sheryl it wasn't a good idea to bring a baby on the road if she was gonna be a member of FM. And then finding out Sheryl was gonna be the opening act I found it amusing that naturally she would bring little Wyatt on the road with her. So Stevie didn't think it was a good idea for Sheryl to bring the baby if she was part of FM, but didn't have a problem with SC bringing the baby as an opening act. Get it??
The so called lie was that.
Thank you.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Not in a tizzy...just think she stretches the blanket a lot...
I think people look at what she says in a vaccuum and do not consider time or context. I also think that if someone asked any of us exactly what happened in 1973, we might get the general story right with some hazy details. The Sheryl Crowe thing is a good example. Maybe in the beginning Stevie thought it might be a good idea to have her in the band, but changed her mind later. Who knows for sure. However, to say Stevie is lying through her teeth when she discussses it is speculation at best IMO because none of us were there.

Another good example is a few weeks ago, the article was discussed where Stevie said while LB was in the room that LB had really left after Mirage and came back to fo TITN. LB corrected her and said he never left FM. They went back and forth for a second and then she caved. Was she lying? I do not think so. I think she was giving her perception of events. Many, but not all, people at the time thought FM was broken up after Mirage.

In the end, lying involves some bad intent, which I do not think she has. Also, I am sure they lie to hide the bad stuff. I am sure there have interviews where they want to kill each other, but smile for the camera. I suppose that is lying, but they all do it.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 AM
strandinthewind
This message has been deleted by strandinthewind. Reason: repeat
Old 07-12-2008, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Which is exactly why I was referring to Stevie telling a lie. Here's what she said:

That insinuates the reason Stevie gave Sheryl for not being in FM was her baby, Wyatt. But, now the new info has Sheryl on the road with them anyway. So, Wyatt had nothing to do with it.

But, it's all good - it's Stevie's mo - she says stuff like that all the time.
It is possible it was both reasons Or, do you think it has to be one or the other?

ALso, SC as an opening act can leave anytime she wants assuming she fulfills her contract, etc. If she joins FM, she is way more committed, which is what La Nicks said when she said "being in a band like Fleetwood Mac." If you are the opening act, you are not in the band and therefore do not have the obligations and "ups and downs" that go with it.

I just do not see the glaring incinsistency.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 07-12-2008 at 09:31 AM..
Old 07-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
It is possible it was both reasons Or, do you think it has to be one or the other?

ALso, SC as an opening act can leave anytime she wants assuming she fulfills her contract, etc. If she joins FM, she is way more committed, which is what La Nicks said when she said "being in a band like Fleetwood Mac." If you are the opening act, you are not in the band and therefore do not have the obligations and "ups and downs" that go with it.

I just do not see the glaring incinsistency.
My point was that we don't even know if Sheryl is the opening act. That has not been confirmed. Even if she was, it is different from being IN FM. Did Stevie request that, or does she control who the opening act is? I don't think so. I don't see the glaring inconsistency either. Geeeesh! So I agree with the way you are seeing it here Jason.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know you've gotta be joking here, right? Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Stevie produced anything on TUSK and while the band was recording Tango she was on tour promoting RAL. She was hardly there for the recording of Tango.
Makes up for all those months Stevie waited tables at Big Bob's(or whatever the hell that place was called), while Lindsey was practicing his geetar.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so hoping that they crank out one really good radio-friendly single...their last one was Seven Wonders. Peacekeeper and SYW did not do well on radio and were not very good singles anyway, so i'm hoping that they will have something that will chart well on the Hot 100!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Makes up for all those months Stevie waited tables at Big Bob's(or whatever the hell that place was called), while Lindsey was practicing his geetar.
Bob's Big Boy. They had great shakes. I miss those old diners.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 07-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think people look at what she says in a vaccuum and do not consider time or context. I also think that if someone asked any of us exactly what happened in 1973, we might get the general story right with some hazy details. The Sheryl Crowe thing is a good example. Maybe in the beginning Stevie thought it might be a good idea to have her in the band, but changed her mind later. Who knows for sure. However, to say Stevie is lying through her teeth when she discussses it is speculation at best IMO because none of us were there.

Another good example is a few weeks ago, the article was discussed where Stevie said while LB was in the room that LB had really left after Mirage and came back to fo TITN. LB corrected her and said he never left FM. They went back and forth for a second and then she caved. Was she lying? I do not think so. I think she was giving her perception of events. Many, but not all, people at the time thought FM was broken up after Mirage.

In the end, lying involves some bad intent, which I do not think she has. Also, I am sure they lie to hide the bad stuff. I am sure there have interviews where they want to kill each other, but smile for the camera. I suppose that is lying, but they all do it.
You're right...they do all lie...and I don't even blame them for most of it. It's just comical, that's all. I don't expect her to have all her facts or memories straight about past events. But, I do think she lies and I do mean flat out lies (or has told things enough to where she actually does believe it now). I think it's "all about protection", not a malicious thing. Like I said though, if Stevie and the lot do lie in the press they have their reasons. I wouldn't want someone all up in my stuff all the time either.

And, btw, Stevie and Lindsey were debating the actual year he left in the article you mentioned. She said he left in '83 and he said no, it was '87. Then, she caved because she knows she can't remember - she even said that after they discussed it. She also insinuated her memory problem regarding that time last year in the CBS interview. Rita Whatshername brought up the LB fight and she looked at her and said "well, that was a difficult time - in '87?" like she was asking Rita if she had the year right.

But, change her mind - oh yeah - she's gonna do that. Being a Gemini - she doesn't remember or stick by most of what she says because in a few minutes or an hour or maybe tomorrow she's gonna feel totally different about it and have a different opinion. My best friend is Gemini and it's a trip. She hates for me to remind her of something she said too....lol...
Old 07-12-2008, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You're right...they do all lie...and I don't even blame them for most of it. It's just comical, that's all. I don't expect her to have all her facts or memories straight about past events. But, I do think she lies and I do mean flat out lies (or has told things enough to where she actually does believe it now). I think it's "all about protection", not a malicious thing. Like I said though, if Stevie and the lot do lie in the press they have their reasons. I wouldn't want someone all up in my stuff all the time either.

And, btw, Stevie and Lindsey were debating the actual year he left in the article you mentioned. She said he left in '83 and he said no, it was '87. Then, she caved because she knows she can't remember - she even said that after they discussed it. She also insinuated her memory problem regarding that time last year in the CBS interview.
And although most human beings (luckily) don't have a record of what they say for people to present to them, it's different with the celebrities. When they contradict themselves, you can easily prove it. So, it's impossible to look at one comment in isolation and say it's the unequivocal truth or that they even believe it's the unequivocal truth, when you know they said the exact opposite.

As far as when Lindsey left FM, I don't think anyone called Stevie a liar during that discussion. The issue was whether or not she was RIGHT and she wasn't. Her perception is one thing, good, bad or indifferent. But the facts are quite another.

There was one interview when John says he doesn't remember most things that happened until he hears Mick talking about it and THEN it returns to him. That's kind of a funny thing to think about, so many large chunks of your life just being an absolute daze. You see it through a glass darkly.

Michele
Old 07-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I think La Nicks justs lets LB win the arguments like that one. I think she knows with him it is all about winning the war, so to speak.

Just my opinion.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually, I think La Nicks justs lets LB win the arguments like that one. I think she knows with him it is all about winning the war, so to speak.

Just my opinion.
Stevie herself always says that she hates any kind of confrontation, so i completely agree with you.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockALittle250 View Post
Stevie herself always says that she hates any kind of confrontation, so i completely agree with you.
I think that's a good chunk of the reason why she doesn't want him to be the sole producer! Lindsey not having the final say = less confrontation.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I think she consequently does walk on eggshells around him. The two of them have always struck me as mutually brittle & wary. They're a funny pair -- they seem to be ok snuggling against each other during a soft acoustic song, but the minute they start talking -- about anything -- you can almost see one warily eye the other & that strange wall go up between them. That's what always made me say that, although they may have loved each other back when, they didn't seem to like each other.

Haven't many of us loved but not really liked someone?

moviekinks.blogspot.com