Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2003, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I'll visualize Pamela Anderson with that voice. Oooh baby.
Ok, now that's just weird!

Old 06-27-2003, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Ok, now that's just weird!

Hey, at least I didn't say Andy with her voice. (Or weirder, Andy's face on her body. ) His face always reminded me of Mama's in Throw Mama from the Train.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 06:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I confess that I am extremely under-medicated, apparently. I've never taken any of these things.
And I'm not quite sure what kind of alcohol Ambien is, as I've never even heard of it. (Chances are I've probably confiscated it from a kid at some point, though. ) Maybe I'll try it in Dallas.

- Jake
Ah...I have never taken Ambien but, I am pretty sure that it is a sleeping med...right?
Old 06-27-2003, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Dude, you don't think Andy Rooney is a hottie???
What is wrong with you?!?

I think Andy and Jimmy Iovine are neck in neck for the title "Best Unibrow."

Rooney cracks me up! I was on the floor when he went to Camp David!

Old 06-27-2003, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bumpity, Bump, Bump...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
The way I look at it, the Mac has done more than enough for me. But that may be because I don't feel entitled to anything.

Maybe I am over generalizing, but most Mac/Stevie fans are fans because of the personal connection that is made through the music. Speaking from my own experience, Stevie had written songs that have spoken to me like no other songwriter/musican. I consider her/their music to be an incredible gift that teaches me things and comforts me in difficult times. I can't put a price on that kind of thing, because to me, it's irreplaceable.

As for doing things for financial gain . . . . come on, people! Making music is their "job"! That is how they make a living. Other than Mick and his past financial mismanagement, I can't fathom that they would need to do this because they have limited financial resources. Especially Stevie and Lindsey - they have all those songwriting royalties. If they are out of money, JLo doesn't have a chance!!!

Sure, who won't love to talk to Stevie or Lindsey, or whomever, in person?! But the reality of today is that there are alot of freaks out there. I can certainly understand why Stevie doesn't accept gifts on stage anymore. We can only imagine what stalker types have pursed them in the past. It is a safety issue for them.
Exactly, the music is their gift to us and I'm satisfied with that. Ya know it's funny that this topic has been brought up because just the other day my sister and I were reminiscing about the TISL tour and how impressed we both were that Stevie was showing so much love for her fans. I mean she was exuding devotion, it was (and still is) so obvious that she is really thankful and appreciative of her fans, especially keeping in mind all the **** she's been through and in turn what we (as fans) have been through with her.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:46 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ambien is a different kind of sleeping pill in that it allegedly leaves no drowsy after effects like say Tylenol PM does. It supposedly works of the hypnotic part of your brain that keeps you asleep. I think it is a wonderdrug as I have great difficulty sleeping sometimes!!!!!!!!!!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 06-27-2003, 11:22 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by trackaghost

I simply expect not to be ripped off by them.

Is that too much to ask?

hell no
Old 06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seeknpeace
Ah...I have never taken Ambien but, I am pretty sure that it is a sleeping med...right?
Sorry, the original post in this thread mentioned it along with martinis, so I assumed it was alcohol in my naive way.
And my father's a pharmacist, too.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

this little tidbit has gotten lost in the winding of this thread but serious clarifcation is required:

seeknpeace states in a previous post: "Stevie has mentioned seeing the Fire Jonathan Todd t shirts and has asked I was told, so keep it up. It matters...sorry to digress again...going back into my hole"

Seek can you elaborate on this statement??? who, when, where??? details, details, details!!!! c'mon, c'mon

firefly...I know you are frustrated because the FM fanclub fiasco keeps showing up in threads but please be patient. People were deeply hurt by this event and feel the need to vent and this is probably the one place they get real understanding and support. If you have been a longtime fan like myself, I'm sure in your real life when you've talked a little too much about FM, you have received the raised eyebrows and the rolling of eyes from friends and family. but here on the board, we all FM talk, all the time. any FM related subject you wish to obsess about is welcome here including fanclub issues.

so again be patient, this subject will probably resolve itself before the end of the year...if you have shown your support and signed the petition or filed a complaint as a fanclub member, you've now done your part so it's just wait and see...and hopefully some good will come of the uproar we've experienced on this and other message boards.

I remember a man when he said to me
He said, "What do you do?"
I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

www.myspace.com/bellafigura64

Last edited by Bella Figura; 06-27-2003 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bella Figura - Is this Italian for Born Diplomat?

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

bella figura ----> means "good impression" in Italian. I chose that screenname for two reasons:

1) one of my stevie connections comes from the bella part - Stevie's album bella donna & my married last name has bella in it also...I'm Irish but I married an Italian, trading up last names...

2) my hubby used Bella Figura for a home based business he had going years ago, it's now defunct but we still get mail addressed often to Miss/Ms./Mrs. Bella Figura, so I appropriated her id for the Internet...and she is a keeper of peace

I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

Last edited by Bella Figura; 06-27-2003 at 12:46 PM..
Old 06-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know what Bella Figura means; I was giving you a compliment!
Seriously, it's interesting how you picked the screen name. I always like getting the scoop on what made posters pick their names.

- Jake
Old 06-27-2003, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know what Bella Figura means; I was giving you a compliment!
Seriously, it's interesting how you picked the screen name. I always like getting the scoop on what made posters pick their names.

- Jake
Well, I know that ppl wonder at mine, considering that I am a fighter and I have wondered at it as well. I know that some on Micks board have referred to it as seeknwar..hehe..but, truthfully, when I chose it, there was a reason and it was applicable.

Today, well, if you can see chosing war as a means to obtaining peace, which I can, then you can still apply it. I kinda got the war for peace from like the revolutionary war, and civil war, and ww 1 and 2, and so forth. Kinda how we got freedom, cause for me, there is no peace without freedom.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the compliment!!! I know it gets tiring to keep hearing about our fellow fans sorrows especially for all of us who were wise enough not to invest in the fanclub but we do need to show our support and be compassionate about their need to vent.

They have come up with some solid ways to address their grievances and that's the most important so we should be able to put up with a little more discussion and posts.

I know darklinensuit is from Stevie Nick's Garbo, but is there more to your screenname choice???

seek, did you see my question in my previous post???!!!

I sing...

S. Nicks

Photobucket

Old 06-27-2003, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default To answer your question, Bella Figura

I just love the song Garbo, and it contains one of the few male references in a Stevie song (man in a dark linen suit). I didn't want to be Leather or Blue Denim or Castaway or Manintheroomnexttohers or Dancearoundmeinacircle, and I don't think the board needs one more Highwayman at this point.

Of course, after I registered here, I decided to open a Yahoo e-mail addy with the name (darklinensuit@yahoo.com). Interestingly, it's already taken.

- Jake