User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
A lot of pregnant women avoid getting their hair foiled, yes. However, there are still some that do it anyway.

The big avoidance for pregnant women where I work are spa pedicures and reflexology. Evidently, on a pregnant woman, the back of your ankle (if touched in the wrong way) can literally induce labor. THAT is scary....and random too.
That's ridiculous. What would the back of my ankle be doing on a pregnant woman?

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm surprised I don't have any gray hair because I am such a big ball of stress and tension...haha...it manifests itself, however, into big horrid awful and painful knots in my back...I have way too much back pain and I hate it...though I've pretty much gotten used to it...my knots have freaked out the most experienced massage therapist...and they can never seem to get rid of all of them altogether

Anyway..my grandma is in her mid 70's and still salt and pepper...well actually as of late I've been seeing a lot more gray...but my mom started going gray in her 40's...just a little gray..

I've actually never found a gray hair on my head...
Old 05-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Well...

I have had grey since I was in my early 20's...After the last part of the year (From August to December, When Debbie first starting to get ill) my grey multiplied by about 5 times (So now I have alot more grey...But definitely stress related!)

Kinda funny in a way, But we have figured that after Debbie's grey started to disappear (One of the positive's of the chemo treatment) we figured out where it disappeared to (Or shall we say to "Whom" it appeared on.)

Rather be grey..Than be bald!!!!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-29-2004, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Wow, platinum blond. What color was your hair when you were younger?

- Jake
I was a towhead until I hit puberty, then I went to brown. The platinum blond was first done in the late 80's around the time of Other Side of the Mirror.

Not only was it platinum blond, but I had a mullet!

Old 05-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I'm surprised I don't have any gray hair because I am such a big ball of stress and tension...haha...it manifests itself, however, into big horrid awful and painful knots in my back...I have way too much back pain and I hate it...though I've pretty much gotten used to it...my knots have freaked out the most experienced massage therapist...and they can never seem to get rid of all of them altogether

Anyway..my grandma is in her mid 70's and still salt and pepper...well actually as of late I've been seeing a lot more gray...but my mom started going gray in her 40's...just a little gray..

I've actually never found a gray hair on my head...
You're still a young'un!

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 11:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
I have had grey since I was in my early 20's...After the last part of the year (From August to December, When Debbie first starting to get ill) my grey multiplied by about 5 times (So now I have alot more grey...But definitely stress related!)

Kinda funny in a way, But we have figured that after Debbie's grey started to disappear (One of the positive's of the chemo treatment) we figured out where it disappeared to (Or shall we say to "Whom" it appeared on.)

Rather be grey..Than be bald!!!!
Yeah, but given the circumstances, your grey is a badge of honor. For me it's just a badge of oldness.

- Jake
Old 05-29-2004, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
I was a towhead until I hit puberty, then I went to brown. The platinum blond was first done in the late 80's around the time of Other Side of the Mirror.

Not only was it platinum blond, but I had a mullet!

Forgive the question, but are you a male? I always thought you were female, but I don't know many females who claim to have worn mullets. (I guess Sheena Easton did for a little while, come to think of it.) No offense either way.

And which color was your favorite?

- Jake
Old 05-30-2004, 01:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Well...

Quote:
Yeah, but given the circumstances, your grey is a badge of honor. For me it's just a badge of oldness.

- Jake
after this past week's round of X-Rays (The first X-Rays on Wednesday definitely showed that my esophagus has narrowed which the DR. said is abnormal, And then on Friday having a CT scan...Which I am nervously awaiting for the results. I was toast on Friday because I had a reaction to the iodine dye used in the CT, So I was given Benadryl which put me in La-La-land the rest of the day.) I probably have even more grey hair.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-30-2004, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You could hold your breath for that to happen soon.

- Jake
Now why would I wait around for that one?
Old 05-30-2004, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm 23 and in december i found three grey hairs in one week.... no white... they were totally silver white... pulled them out... yeah i know you're not supposed to... but i don't care... haven't found any since then... but then again, i haven't really looked-

also... i recently did one of those awful DIY hair colorings... i really detest them after a few horrible adventures while drunk with my roommates in the dorm... but i had bronchitis and was out of work for 4 days and waiting at walgreen's for my prescriptions... wandering around delirious with 101 degree fever, and thought "hey this hair dye in a box might be fun" no... it was not... and it was very expensive to fix.... but i fixed it so it looks like my normal dirty blond with a few bright blond streaks.... so really, there mght be a hundred greys by now... but i have no idea
Old 05-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
after this past week's round of X-Rays (The first X-Rays on Wednesday definitely showed that my esophagus has narrowed which the DR. said is abnormal, And then on Friday having a CT scan...Which I am nervously awaiting for the results. I was toast on Friday because I had a reaction to the iodine dye used in the CT, So I was given Benadryl which put me in La-La-land the rest of the day.) I probably have even more grey hair.
Sorry to hear that. The iodine dye I had last fall really felt pretty gross. But shouldn't the la-las-land effects prevent grey hairs from stress, at least temporarily?
I sure hope for the widening of your esophagus. (That's not something I type every day.) What are you doing to burn off stress these days (other than coming here)?

- Jake
Old 05-30-2004, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
Now why would I wait around for that one?
I don't know, I just like the idea of you holding your breath for a long time. Keeps you quiet.

- Jake
Old 05-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
I'm 23 and in december i found three grey hairs in one week.... no white... they were totally silver white... pulled them out... yeah i know you're not supposed to... but i don't care... haven't found any since then... but then again, i haven't really looked-

also... i recently did one of those awful DIY hair colorings... i really detest them after a few horrible adventures while drunk with my roommates in the dorm... but i had bronchitis and was out of work for 4 days and waiting at walgreen's for my prescriptions... wandering around delirious with 101 degree fever, and thought "hey this hair dye in a box might be fun" no... it was not... and it was very expensive to fix.... but i fixed it so it looks like my normal dirty blond with a few bright blond streaks.... so really, there mght be a hundred greys by now... but i have no idea
Yeah, as a rule, don't go shopping with a fever.
Actually, I don't get grey hairs, I get white hairs. But now I'm thinking of them as my natural very platinum blond highlights.

- Jake
Old 05-30-2004, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I...

Quote:
I sure hope for the widening of your esophagus. (That's not something I type every day.) What are you doing to burn off stress these days (other than coming here)?

- Jake
walk between 3-5 miles daily (I walk over 3 miles this morning) to burn off stress and to keep my energy up. I just make sure to take either water/Gatorade with me to keep from being dehydrated (I ALWAYS take my Sony Walkman CD player...Gotta have tunes!)

Brian j.

Old 05-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh

DIY looks like a good time...but it's not. I love how that Herbal Essence hair coloring (the "streaking party" commercial) makes it look SO easy to put your own highlights in. In a day we get about 350-400+ calls for people trying to book appointments at the salon. About 5-10 of those calls that I end up receiving are people saying, "I have to get in RIGHT AWAY....I needed a quick fix and tried doing it myself and I can't go out looking like this."

Jess, STAY AWAY FROM THE HAIR AISLE WHEN YOU'RE SICK