User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2004, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Here is a pic of Justin taken over the weekend at Vassar College at Good Vibrations, the Beach Boys-themed play he's doing.

No more fro.

Oh and HEEEEEELLLLL yeah, I'd pay to hear Lindsey play on an airplane. LMAO!!!
You sure he didn't just pull that sucker back?

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madformac
An insider told me Christine McVie was approached about playing the piano on board but she turned it down due to the amount of travelling involved...

And she hated being upstaged by the dramatically twirling flight attendant.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenStateGirlie
I usually do Delta but other than them, i've been on Lufthansa and Midway (like being on a prop plane...scared the hell out of me). Now that Southwest is here and it's dirt cheap to fly out of Philadelphia with them, i'll use Southwest
Is Delta cheaper than others where you are? Where I am it's always more.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Jake, you got something against honey roasted peanuts? They're delicious!
Now that I get vegetarian meals they give me pretzels instead of the peanuts. WTF!
Actually, I've had so much dental work this summer I can't enjoy either.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
All over Alaska. Anything but Southwest. HATE the Who concert seating, and the high number of screaming children - which must be a side effect of cheap tickets.
Oh, that does it.
Nobody ever warned me there would be kids.
Forget SW.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustwoman77
It depends on where I'm going. If I'm flying to Florida to visit my husband's family, we fly Southwest. If we are flying elsewhere, we fly Delta.
Any particular reason for Delta?

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merf
Sheebus this threads go like a mile a minute on the Chit Chat board.

Anyway, to answer your question, Charlotte is the biggest US Airways hub on the east coast and about 80% of the flights going out of Charlotte are US Airways flights. There is no competition. If you want to go anywhere in the US or the world (with the exception of a handful of Delta, United, and Northwest flights) you have to fly US Airways out of Charlotte. It's a racket.

We're getting a few Independence Air flights in October, though, and I've heard through the grapevine that we are the next city that Southwest is planning on going into next year! *crosses fingers*
I don't think I've heard of Independence Air.

I hate rackets.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr
of course it depends where i'm going

but Continental has got to be the best I have ever flown
They get high ratings. Or so the brochures claim while I'm on the plane.
Like I said, if they could just get my meal order right.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklinensuit
Is Delta cheaper than others where you are? Where I am it's always more.

- Jake
No. They're all the same. A lot of people think it's cheaper to go to Atlantic City and fly Spirit or Tran. Their prices are ridiculous. It's cheaper for me to fly out of Philadelphia (and much closer). I always pick who I fly with by arrival and departure times. Whoever has the best gets my money and usually it's Delta. Now it'll be Southwest and i'm figuring other airlines will be competing with them so it'll drive down prices on major airlines.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet
Okay, this is a good post for me to follow...I used to work for Continental. They're nice to work for, too. The only reason I don't anymore is I didn't make enough there. But I LOVED the benefits! They used to sell t-shirts in the company store that said "marry me and fly for free." And I must say, I think it's a nice airline to fly, especially on long flights. We flew to Europe once in business class and it was great. They lay out a buffet and keep it going throughout the flight. Stuff like cheese, wine, appetizers. That's in addition to the main meal they also serve.

But since I don't work there anymore, I've been flying Spirit Air. Definitely no frills, but it's okay. We go out of Atlantic City to FL.

We've also done a good bit on United. Took them to China and back. They were really nice. While in China we flew a couple chinese airlines. THAT was interesting. When we left Nanchang to go to Guangzhou the flight attendants went around the cabin with flyswatters killing all the flies before we took off. Maybe they were fruit flies and they didn't want to export them to another city. Not sure. But they packed you on those planes real tight.

Carol
I guess I only see the tees that say "Come home tonight with me and 'fly' for half price."
Actually, my friend works for an airline here & he and his wife fly everywhere for free as much as they want. Too cool.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
Southwest... absolutely whenever possible... i can fly for $29 to places that take 6 hours to drive to and $60 in gas in my gas guzzling SUV... and i save 5 hours travelling time.... AND when you book online you get an extra flight credit... it's the only airline that i've ever actually earned free flights on and i have tried with 5 different airlines... they just didn't add up quick enough!

i know people say that SW sucks and they don't have assigned seats blah blah blah.... but 90% of my flights are 45 mins to 1 hr 15 mins.... i really don't care about a second rate airline if i spend most of my time on one hour puddle hoppers and i save a lot of money. i mean, what the hell is the point of paying for something more posh when you take off, level out, have 7 mins in the air to take your seatbelt off and go pee, and then you have to be back in your seat with your seatbelt on to start your descent?
You're right, for a shorter flight the frills don't matter as much.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango
Whatever is cheapest. I look at Travelocity, then go to the site of the lowest priced airline. Sometimes I weigh the thrift with the inconvenience of stops and times of travel. Southwest has been good, so has US Air and Delta.
I have the feeling we're all in the habit of checking prices on the net by now.
I don't mind USAir, but United has given me some bad times.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Leigh
hahaha no kidding!

one time i was looking for a flight from LA to Phoenix and they offered me one with a layover in San Fran!!! i was like "WHAT THE HELL!!??" they listed the total travel time (with layover) as 5 hours! I could DRIVE it in that time!!
But they're gambling you won't.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
of existence I have yet to fly...Just too claustophobic.

Plus, knowing how much God loves me ("hardy-har-har") I know the first time I would step into a plane the damned thing would crash into either a cornfield or a housing development...Thus I drive.

Besides, I attended courses at Spartan School of Aeronautics in Tulsa (Non-FAA regulated QC/NDT courses, To which us QC/NDT students were treated as "lepers" by the FAA asskissing school Administration.)...I know what "type" of people are currently being trained to work on airliners.
Oh, I finally get it. You're in Oklahoma 'cause you're trapped.

- Jake
Old 08-04-2004, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
I try to go with Southwest most of the time. My biggest complaint with them is that they need to serve more cities like Atlanta and Denver to name a few.
One of the best things that they did was to add Philadelphia as one of their cities. That is a nice, cheap and also short flight for me.

The worst was Delta. I had my experience with Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport back on May 15. They needed a part for the plane and had to drive it from Boston to Providence. My flight to Atlanta(not much of a choice there) was delayed about 2 hours. I was not too happy. Another thing I did not like about Delta was the refund policy. I had bought a ticket to Raleigh but decided that I was not going to go to the show. I was told to hold on to my confirmation # so I could use it as a credit in the future. Back in June Delta had an online special to Denver but I could not use my credit online. I called customer service and they told me that they had to issue the ticket over the phone however they did not have the discounted price that was only online and said that they could not give it to me. On top of that they charge a 100.00 rebooking fee.

I don't like Delta.
I could have written this. As mentioned, I've had bad Delta experiences, and I've waited forever for SW to add Philly. (Now if they were just cheaper than Continental where I am.)

- Jake