Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-07-2003, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: I thought...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Didn't I read here on the Ledge, someone said the love of her life was Joe Walsh?!?!
I knew that they were an item, but I didn't realize the depth of that relationship, if that is, in fact, the case. Was this post Jimmy Iovine? And what happened with Joe?

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 04-07-2003, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm confused about the time frame too. She was supposedly dating Jimmy up until "Rock a Little" right? But she's also said that her and Joe got together when he opened for her on the "Wild Heart" tour.

I don't really know why her and Joe's relationship ended b/c she rarely ever mentions it. I think the last time she talked about their relationship was in an interview that she did around the time of "The Other Side of the Mirror". I don't remember word for word, but it was basically that he didn't take their relationship as serious as she did. She said that she would have quite possibly given up everything for him if she thought that he could actually be serious for more that 2 seconds. I don't know. Maybe someone can post the interview....I don't remember a lot of it.

Susie
Old 04-07-2003, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Lindsey is really, and I'm sure that she is his, even though he's now happily married. I don't mean that he doesn't love his wife, but I think the most important change for him as a person probably happened with Stevie, and vice versa... Isn't Planets Of The Universe about Lindsey?

Then again, what do I know... How do you decide who the love of your life is anyway? I find it's usually the person you speak about most when you've had too much to drink.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Carol Ann was on Geraldo
A couple of nice shots of her and Lindsey were shown. From what I have gathered in my Mac studies. Carol Ann got hooked on cocaine just like the whole band but it seems LB quit his habit and she continued her habit. I also read in BAM 1992, he mentions that he loved Dennis Wilson but that Dennis had an affair with his girlfriend and that he was such a nice guy that all was forgiven
Carol kind of looks like one of Dennis' ex-wives.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 04-07-2003, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

In 1997, Lindsey introduced Big Love with his speech about cycles. He said he was a different man when he wrote the song. He said we should learn from our mistakes. I believe he is a different man... and he's learned from his mistakes... and grown up. You can hear it in his music. OOTC is all about self discovery. The GOS era songs are about Love, passion, fantasy and the world around him.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 04-07-2003, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that I think about it, I remember Stevie saying that she has had three great loves in her life. She did list Mick as one of them, but did not name the others. So, maybe it is Mick, Joe and Lindsey??

Old 04-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by LilyRose
I'm confused about the time frame too. She was supposedly dating Jimmy up until "Rock a Little" right? But she's also said that her and Joe got together when he opened for her on the "Wild Heart" tour.

I don't really know why her and Joe's relationship ended b/c she rarely ever mentions it. I think the last time she talked about their relationship was in an interview that she did around the time of "The Other Side of the Mirror". I don't remember word for word, but it was basically that he didn't take their relationship as serious as she did. She said that she would have quite possibly given up everything for him if she thought that he could actually be serious for more that 2 seconds. I don't know. Maybe someone can post the interview....I don't remember a lot of it.

Susie
Joe and Stevie hooked up on the Wild Heart tour. He was her opening act. She talks about it in the Timespace booklet. The song: Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

It would make sense if her three loves were Joe, Lindsey and Mick.
I just hope they weren't Jimmy Iovine or Paul Fishkin .
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

Old 04-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

LOL..i always wonder how much contact she has with Jimmy now...he is Eminem's producer..talk about a change in music..

"I walk on stage, I'm very strong, I'm still pretty cute and I rock." -Stevie Nicks
Old 04-07-2003, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
It would make sense if her three loves were Joe, Lindsey and Mick.
-Sonia
How long was Stevie with Iovine anyway? I never quite got why Stevie was attracted to him (those eyebrows remind me of Gonzo from the Muppets - LOL).

Gosh, if Lindsey and Mick are two of the three - God bless Stevie because I could never do what she has done all these years!

Old 04-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
How long was Stevie with Iovine anyway? I never quite got why Stevie was attracted to him (those eyebrows remind me of Gonzo from the Muppets - LOL).
Bwhahahahahahahahahaha!!!
That is too much, LMAO.
I don't know how long they were together. But I feel like he did nothing good for her musically (she would have done exactly the same if not better without him IMO) but she did a lot for his career.
-Sonia

Old 04-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I feel like he did nothing good for her musically (she would have done exactly the same if not better without him IMO) but she did a lot for his career.

He always seemed a bit controlling to me. At least that's the vibe I got everytime I heard/read about her speaking of him. And that whole "Reconsider Me" thing. I can just picture him crossing his arms over his chest and sticking his lower lip out, pouting because she wouldn't give in. Ahh, who knows. He's probably a really nice guy. lol.

~Angela~
Old 04-07-2003, 11:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
He always seemed a bit controlling to me. At least that's the vibe I got everytime I heard/read about her speaking of him. And that whole "Reconsider Me" thing. I can just picture him crossing his arms over his chest and sticking his lower lip out, pouting because she wouldn't give in. Ahh, who knows. He's probably a really nice guy. lol.

~Angela~

Gee, Stevie seems to really be drawn to those controlling types, I guess. She should take her own advice from "Smile At You"!!

Old 04-08-2003, 06:00 AM
Ledgie

Default omg - lighten up folks

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Figura
Hey LindseyRocks-David, I tried to just shrug off you comments about Stevie deserving a good crack in the mouth...I know you made it to be funny but I never found one occasion to laugh as I watched my own Dad beat up on my Mom many many times while I was growing up. And I am thankful every day I was able to break my own cycle of domestic violence and find a husband who does not feel that a good crack in the mouth is the way to solve an arguement.
Well, it just goes to show that in this world of political correctness, someone, somewhere is always bound to be offended by something you say, even if it's tongue-in-cheek.

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Just to clarify for the benefit of our readers, there are a couple of Davids posting to this thread. The comment about Stevie getting cracked in the mouth was not made by me.
And in the grand spirit of PC, we've got people who would never want to be mistakenly associated with anyone making such absurd, "offensive" comments. How sensitive!

Well since we're doing the "for the record" thing, I just want to reiterate to readers that I take FULL credit for my comments, and I want to thank those of you who were kind enough to deliver the reaction I was looking for. You guys took the bait, and quite frankly, I'm having a nice little laugh over this one

take care friends
david (LindseyRocks, just so there are no misunderstandings)
Old 04-08-2003, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bella,

I agree with you. It's almost a relief that someone else mentioned it because honestly, since I read David's post it's been nagging at me.

David, having been exposed to abusive situations I can honestly say that you can't and shouldn't make light, even playfully of those kinds of situations. Perhaps you don't really think anyone deserves to get hit, so I can dismiss that as a thoughtless comment. I do; however, find it a bit offensive to suggest that someone who has experienced abussive situations, and who is brave enough to express their feelings about your comments should "lighten up". Instead it would have been a perfect opportunity for you to take the high road and perhaps express regrets that anyone would have to go through that.

Bella, you are definately not alone. Thanks for helping me find my voice!

Doug