User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Dave probably won't be in Jamaica for more than a few days since he works rather quickly...I would prefer Dave have some involvement with Stevie's songs instead of one of LB's weird producers...
Blerghh. Mediocre faceless drizzle, and slick.

Who are LB's weird producers? Apart from himself? Froome produced los Lobos, crowded house and Suzanne vega. All huge commercial successes. Come on. Who's weird?

Old 03-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
thank god.
I second that!!!!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still think Rick Rubin would be the perfect choice......he's done some great work with rockers, but he's also pushed a number of country acts out of their boxes and on to new heights. I think he would serve each of the three songwriter's needs perfectly, as well as the band instrumentally.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:12 AM

Default New Album

I'm a bit disappointed there wasn't much mentioned for a new album.
I have been reading however, and it seems they are going to be in the studio to record new music with Christine. That could mean so many things. Christine mentioned an album after the tour? Wow, so what then? Another tour for that album? Did Fleetwood Mac take a page from Rush's business plan. Rush toured 3 years in a row with much success, then did an album in year 2 and toured it. The album was fantastic as their chops were completely solid. This is when I say, "Thank God for Lindsey" I'm sure he is dying to make new music. I hope he gets his wish.

Maybe their lack of comment is due to a lack of contract and/or label. Let's get this done already. I feel for the people that spent tons of cash to see FMac only to see the same setlist (add Christine tunes). And some of those people may not even like her hits. Which would mean another nostalgia tour.

Anyone else have an opinion?
Old 03-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree.It would be a great start on promoting it on this mornings interview.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's been 'after the tour' for a few tours now, and Lindsey offers up some excuse about needing to be on the road to establish a 'dynamic' and then they'll record an album 'from the ground up'.

You don't need a contract to say 'we're recording an album'. A contract isn't the vehicle for an album - an album is the vehicle to a contract. They've said Warner wants them. So record something!

They can't stand each other (look at Lindsey's face in those photos) and I've just come to accept the reality that Fleetwood Mac have nothing to offer, as a band, anymore, other than rehashing old material.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
They can't stand each other (look at Lindsey's face in those photos) and I've just come to accept the reality that Fleetwood Mac have nothing to offer, as a band, anymore, other than rehashing old material.
Do you mean the promo photo of all 5 of them? Lindsey's just pulling his "I'm a serious artist" face. It's the same one he used on the cover of Seeds We Sow.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The fact that they are recording in Village Recorders is great news. That's not fooling around, that' serious recording. But come on Stevie, you are not sure how or when you want to record? I thought you were a mad songwriter and had hundreds of songs? Christine is back like you wanted, stop being a DIVA and get into the studio.
Old 03-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Do you mean the promo photo of all 5 of them? Lindsey's just pulling his "I'm a serious artist" face. It's the same one he used on the cover of Seeds We Sow.
Yeah,I thought about that after the fact. He's always been Mr-serious-face.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 03-28-2014, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
and I've just come to accept the reality that Fleetwood Mac have nothing to offer, as a band, anymore, other than rehashing old material.
Yes, this is what I have been saying. They are a nostalgia band now.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Hawkeye
This message has been deleted by Hawkeye.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Noooooooooo. The Rumours reissues are done. It's Mirage and Tango as far as re hashing past stuff for this tour to release.
I think it's time to start a letter and email-writing campaign to Warner Bros for 'Mirage' and 'Tango' expanded remasters. They're long overdue. Plus, "Everywhere" (in the UK) and "Seven Wonders" (in the US) each had renewed popularity last year and a return to the charts, thanks to the 3 #DancePonyDance commercial and American Horror Story: Coven, respectively. So there's certainly an interest in the band's music from that era.

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 03-29-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Old 03-29-2014, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I think it's time to start a letter and email-writing campaign to Warner Bros for 'Mirage' and 'Tango' expanded remasters. They're long overdue. Plus, "Everywhere" (in the UK) and "Seven Wonders" (in the US) each had renewed popularity last year and a return to the charts, thanks to the 3 #DancePonyDance commercial and American Horror Story: Coven, respectively. So there's certainly an interest in the band's music from that era.
Will WB invest the time & money on re mastering Mirage & Tango when it's possible that they will loose the rights to those albums in the near future?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Will WB invest the time & money on re mastering Mirage & Tango when it's possible that they will loose the rights to those albums in the near future?
WHAT?? Why would they loose rights to their music?
Old 03-29-2014, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
WHAT?? Why would they loose rights to their music?
No...Fleetwood Mac would regain the rights to the original recordings...