Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beccamorrisfift View Post
why homie? thought u luved ur jawb?xoxo
Nope it's horrible!! The company sucks, the manager was horrible....I quit today actually....

So now I am on the hunt for a new job

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay. Kind of. Sort of. Going on a date on Thursday.

Ajkhdidnfklgu.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There's never enough macaroni & cheese and there's never enough ice cream.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Okay. Kind of. Sort of. Going on a date on Thursday.
Details. And don't leave us hanging.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I'm on vacation until Thursday....

Sitting in my favorite honky tonk in Nashville last night, and this HUGE(like about 6'6", and 400 lbs) black guy comes in, with his (apparent) bodyguard. He's wearing a pink and white pinstriped suit, and has long dread locks. So of course everyone is looking, and people finally figure out who he is.

Well, he asked me to take a picture of him and a friend, with his phone. So I did, and became his best friend for the night. He bought round after round of food and drinks, for me and my friend.

So it turns out he's a Pittsburgh Steeler, named Willie Colon(I don't follow football, at all, so I had no idea, but people were asking for his autograph, so I found out who he is[duh]). Googled him, and he signed a 29 million dollar contract last year.

Yeah, he can afford to buy my drinks for the night! Thanks, Willie!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Details. And don't leave us hanging.
Haha. Well I'll let you know afterwards. He's a friend of a friend named Paul and he's a web designer. We've spoken a few times on Facebook and seem to get on very well. We met at my Degree show.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So I'm on vacation until Thursday....

Sitting in my favorite honky tonk in Nashville last night, and this HUGE(like about 6'6", and 400 lbs) black guy comes in, with his (apparent) bodyguard. He's wearing a pink and white pinstriped suit, and has long dread locks. So of course everyone is looking, and people finally figure out who he is.

Well, he asked me to take a picture of him and a friend, with his phone. So I did, and became his best friend for the night. He bought round after round of food and drinks, for me and my friend.

So it turns out he's a Pittsburgh Steeler, named Willie Colon(I don't follow football, at all, so I had no idea, but people were asking for his autograph, so I found out who he is[duh]). Googled him, and he signed a 29 million dollar contract last year.

Yeah, he can afford to buy my drinks for the night! Thanks, Willie!
GREAT story! I'm sure something similar will happen on my eventual trip. I get free drinks when people hear the accent...
Old 07-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool One year ago this day...

I tried for the third time to exit myself from this existence - obviously failed at that...

Still here for some unknown reason. Hopefully things start to improve because I don't want to repeat last summer's stay in a hospital for depression (Where I tried to kill myself twice).

Oddly, next Monday would have been Debbie's 49th birthday...

To humor myself, I tried once again to listen to Stevie's album "In Your Dreams" - and once again could not make it through the complete album before ejecting it!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 07-16-2012 at 10:26 AM..
Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
GREAT story! I'm sure something similar will happen on my eventual trip. I get free drinks when people hear the accent...
I really do meet some amazing people...

Yesterday, I met this guitarist from CA(who is "nobody" - he was here for the NAMM show). We started talking and drinking beer, around 5PM, and hung out for 9 hours! I loaned him my Country Music Hall of Fame ID, so that he can take a free tour of the facility today, and he's going to mail it back to me, when he gets home.

Life.is.good.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yesterday, I met this guitarist from CA(who is "nobody" - he was here for the NAMM show). We started talking and drinking beer, around 5PM, and hung out for 9 hours! I loaned him my Country Music Hall of Fame ID, so that he can take a free tour of the facility today, and he's going to mail it back to me, when he gets home.

Life.is.good.
He should enjoy the Bakersfield exhibit they have going right now. One of the first electric guitars is displayed, belonged to Merle Travis and Speedy West's steel.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
He should enjoy the Bakersfield exhibit they have going right now. One of the first electric guitars is displayed, belonged to Merle Travis and Speedy West's steel.
I went yesterday. They had a fingerpicking special, with a guy from Oregon playing for everyone(his name is Brooks Robertson). He was AMAZING, and honestly, would have blown Lindsey off the map. An orchestra of fingers, he had!

I enjoy the CMHOF. I became a member last month. Hell, it doesn't cost much more than one entry, and as much as I'm here, I'll probably spend an afternoon there, on each trip here.

But I loved the Bakersfield exhibit. I'm a huge Buck Owens fan!
Old 07-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I went yesterday. They had a fingerpicking special, with a guy from Oregon playing for everyone(his name is Brooks Robertson). He was AMAZING, and honestly, would have blown Lindsey off the map. An orchestra of fingers, he had!

I enjoy the CMHOF. I became a member last month. Hell, it doesn't cost much more than one entry, and as much as I'm here, I'll probably spend an afternoon there, on each trip here.

But I loved the Bakersfield exhibit. I'm a huge Buck Owens fan!
That's cool! I need to renew my membership. I loved the Haggard & Bonnie Owens stuff, but my friend is a big Don Rich fan, so she was in heaven seeing his items.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Life.is.good.
I. want. that. ID.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
That's cool! I need to renew my membership. I loved the Haggard & Bonnie Owens stuff, but my friend is a big Don Rich fan, so she was in heaven seeing his items.
Buck was a wonderful person.

In 1998, Fender put out a red, silver and blue Buck Owens Telecaster. I bought one, and my friend(long story I won't get into) had contact with Buck's secretary. Well, I mailed the gold pickguard off to Bakersfield, and she wrote me back, that "Buck is afraid that any Sharpie will rub off, how would you feel about him getting it engraved for you?"

I offered to pay for the engraving, and she wrote back, "Buck won't hear of it. He's glad to do it for a fan" What a class act he was.

Last edited by HomerMcvie; 07-16-2012 at 06:54 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Buck was a wonderful person.

I offered to pay for the engraving, and she wrote back, "Buck won't hear of it. He's glad to do it for a fan" What a class act he was.

This is really fukcing cool!!!