User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Lol! That amused me too. Especially when she said it was "really very lovely"... what a hilarious mental image. I mean forget dragging out the 8mm. Just search yourself in YouTube and enjoy the show!

Edit: Update from Nickslive:

"A friend of mine works at Madison Square Garden and got me backstage at the Fleetwood Mac concert last Monday. I heard Lindsey Buckingham telling someone that the new EP being released online was awaiting the approval of the artwork. Stevie at first wanted photos, but then they all decided it should just have a Fleetwood Mac logo and say EP. He said once that is approved the EP will be out in a week. It contains "Sad Angel", "Without You", "Miss Fantasy" and one more Lindsey song."
Interesting....4 songs, and only one of them Stevie's.....She's really digging in her heels about not recording new music with the band. I'm really surprised that she couldn't have provided ONE more song to this effort.....Wonder if she sings on the mystery Lindsey song.....
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie at first wanted photos, but then they all decided it should just have a Fleetwood Mac logo and say EP. He said once that is approved the EP will be out in a week.
This is just annoying. I'm just imagining the logo in my head, now.

Michele
Old 04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
Interesting....4 songs, and only one of them Stevie's.....She's really digging in her heels about not recording new music with the band. I'm really surprised that she couldn't have provided ONE more song to this effort.....Wonder if she sings on the mystery Lindsey song.....
Well, remember how Mick couldn't get the number right about how many new Lindsey songs that Stevie sang on. Mick kept saying 3 and we kept hearing about just the 2. Maybe there is a third one.

Michele
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really think they can't stand to be in the studio long enough together to record a new full album. I remember hearing when recording the Say You Will album Stevie was not happy about it for some reason,I think Say You Will album was and is an amazing album that is up there with Tusk and Rumours and Fleetwood Mac White album. My guess too that the fighting still goes on thru today.It would be great if they can get in there and do another master piece.I am alright with them touring I think they should throw out the same set list except adding a few gems here and there to the set.It would be interesting if they did a survey for each show and the fans pick the 24 song set list for each show so each show might have a different set list or fans send into a song set list poll and use the top 24 songs in there set list.Any song goes on all the Fleetwood Mac even includes Buckingham/Nicks album.That would be a great set list I think.

Last edited by StandbackStevie; 04-12-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-12-2013, 08:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is just annoying. I'm just imagining the logo in my head, now.

Michele
Ha! And, you mean to tell me that someone in their clique didn't have the foresight to think maybe they should get all that taken care of say, oh I don't know - before they start the tour???
Old 04-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ha! And, you mean to tell me that someone in their clique didn't have the foresight to think maybe they should get all that taken care of say, oh I don't know - before they start the tour???
And it seems to me that whatever photos they are using for the tour merchandise should also be used for the EP, for consistency. Just use the poster shot or something.

Michele
Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think so. Mick said it inspired Christine to write -- although he said she was just writing for herself, which is stupid. Then again, Ken said that his book reignited Christine's love of music and this leads me to the conclusion that Christine has gone senile and is now inspired quite easily. Probably watching Louie Anderson dive on Splash has inspired her.

That aside, I honestly think that they are shooting for an album, with Christine's participation for late 2013 or early 2014. But I'm delusional, so don't mind me.

Michele
I certainly hope so. One thing that always stuck out to me was that Christine was willing to record, to make albums with Fleetwood Mac back when Say You Will was recorded, but just did not want to tour. Maybe it's finally happening!
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And it seems to me that whatever photos they are using for the tour merchandise should also be used for the EP, for consistency. Just use the poster shot or something.

Michele
Exactly! It's a great shot! Insert "EP" and be done with it!!
Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If it's that big of a damn deal to Stevie about recording with the band then get Dave to produce 2 or 3 songs and slap Lindsey's vocals and guitars on it. Jesus. It's not that complicated.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If it's that big of a damn deal to Stevie about recording with the band then get Dave to produce 2 or 3 songs and slap Lindsey's vocals and guitars on it. Jesus. It's not that complicated.
I agree. They wouldn't even have to be together in the studio but then there's the risk that Stevie doesn't like the vocals and/or guitar. Look at TITN, she was hardly there and when she would complain that her vocals weren't on Everywhere, Lindsey would say:"Well, you weren't here". She doesn't want to go through that again. I get the feeling she doesn't want to record with Fleetwood Mac at all.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Then why bother to have a Fleetwood Mac? It's never going to happen that way, and we both know it.

FM is finished, as far as I can tell. This tour is the swan song. I seriously doubt Stevie can be talked into doing an album, and that's just as well. I'm cool with the solo projects. Both she and Lindsey seem to do way better on their own anyway. Why force something that isn't meant to be?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I accept vinyl here .I have to sharpen my needle.

or get a new bird with a sharper beak like the one on the Flintstones.LOL............

I love to see the birds face when Stevie is singing.LOL.......

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
Then why bother to have a Fleetwood Mac? It's never going to happen that way, and we both know it.

FM is finished, as far as I can tell. This tour is the swan song. I seriously doubt Stevie can be talked into doing an album, and that's just as well. I'm cool with the solo projects. Both she and Lindsey seem to do way better on their own anyway. Why force something that isn't meant to be?
Kind of a dismal way to go out .I will always love them though.. if only for the three brilliant albums in the last half of the 1970s.Hopefully Stevie and Linds can use the profits from this jaunt to make a couple more great albums before the final curtain falls.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

My dream for the Mac would be to do what The Cure did for their Trilogy dvd.... Play a few shows in the same venue where they play 2 or 3 albums in order, and then throw it out on dvd. Imagine it, The White Album, Rumours and Tusk, with Christine. It will never happen. But I just thought I'd mention it anyway.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just seems like far, far too many cooks in the kitchen... all the band members, all the different managers, all the different advisors and entourage-members all giving a zillion opinions-- it's amazing ANYTHING can get done at all.

I found it interesting that Stevie thanked all the managers who, according to her, were the ones who really, really wanted the tour to happen and apparently went through major negotiations to make it happen. Maybe everyone on here is right-- the managers convinced them this is one last money grab and they should go out with coffers full.

Mick's been saying lately that he doesn't see the Mac being active beyond the next 5-7 years.. and that he was always the one trying to keep the band going on and finally, about 3 years ago, came to terms with the fact that it won't.