The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really wish I could stay away from these topics My life would be so much less of a hassle....I get so worked up and pissed off lol...
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
I said again and again that I didn't HATE gay people...as a matter of fact I LOVE gay people just as much as I do STRAIGHT people...because I try hard to love and appreciate all human beings. But that doesn't mean that I have to support gay marriage.
I'm tired of trying to explain this. What's the point in even posting about it? But here it is:

Actively opposing gay marriage=hating gay people

It's as simple as that. And few things in life are that simple.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts
So can we expect you (or anyone else) to address the content of the Ann Coulter piece now? I'd like to hear some liberal perspectives on the Dan Rather incident.
From what I understand Rather should have made sure the sources were more solid. However, I believe that memo was never proven to be false. Some believe that it was real. When Mrs. Bush was asked about the memo and if it were true, early on, she said "I don't think so." What does that mean? It might have been because her husband didn't show up for duty but she's not sure if that particular memo was false? Should Rather have had to retire earlier over all of this? I don't think so. Lots of false consertive leaning stuff goes over the airways but no one gets in trouble for it. The propoganda that passes for news has gotten very scary. This was an isolated incident in Rather's career that was blown way out of proportion, IMO.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So can we expect you (or anyone else) to address the content of the Ann Coulter piece now? I'd like to hear some liberal perspectives on the Dan Rather incident.
If Brown Eyes had done a simple search, he would have seen numerous threads where we discussed the Dan Rather incident. But for you, Nancy, I'll state my liberal position on it once more.

CBS and Dan Rather did journalism and the race to get Bush out of the White House a huge disservice. Their behavior was disgraceful and there's no other way to say it. Calling it sloppy journalism doesn't even scratch the surface.

As for that piece of trash that was posted and written by Coulter, I find it distasteful and cheap. She's still perpetuating the lie that Bill Clinton is a rapist. And us liberals are scum? Gimme a break.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
THANK YOU...thats what I was going for...I didn't even really feel like i NEEDED to join in on a debate...I just like to get good healthy (non angry) debates going...I like them. I just want to see where they spiral too.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I'm tired of trying to explain this. What's the point in even posting about it? But here it is:

Well there are lots of people who disagree with that.

I LOVE you as a human being, but I just disagree with gay lifestyle, its against my beliefs...im not trying to force it on YOU. I just don't agree with it. Why does that mean that I HATE you.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I LOVE you as a human being, but I just disagree with gay lifestyle, its against my beliefs...im not trying to force it on YOU. I just don't agree with it. Why does that mean that I HATE you.
Since when is it a "lifestyle"?

Old 01-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:

bull****.
I'm sorry,but some of you ARE trying to push Brwn_eyes out of this forum based on the fact that you don't agree with Brwn_eyes' differing views.
Even I don't agree with things he/she says,but you are bullying.
You seem to want it to be all ass-kissing & sweetness here where everyone agrees all the time. That's not reality.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Since when is it a "lifestyle"?
In the way that "I" view it. Its just a subject that we just dont need to talk about. But I DONT HATE GAY PEOPLE. I just disagree with gay marriage I don't hate them.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Once again, what's right is not always what's popular.

Quote:
Okay, stop saying you love me, even if you mean it in a Christian way. It's still f*cking ludicrous. For the umpteenth time, HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A LIFESTYLE ANY MORE THAN HETEROSEXUALITY IS. And, for the last time, it is hateful and discriminatory to say that the institution of marriage is an exclusive club designed for heterosexuals only. It's as though heterosexuals are better than homosexuals and are the only ones entitled to that institution, which is one that is very meaningful to many, including me. And, it is hateful to say you are against my "lifestyle" because it's a part of who I am! It is me! I cannot be separated from it! I can't say "I love you, but I totally disapprove of your straight lifestyle, which is against my beliefs," because that would be absolutely ridiculous, and it's the same damn thing and you just refuse to see that. Even you said that you think people are born gay. Then it obviously is a part of who I am. Sorry, if you hate homosexuality, you hate me. I am one of them. Stop trying to separate them so you can sleep better at night and convince yourself that you're doing right by your religion and not hating. Please. And, in addition to all of that MARRIAGE IS A CIVIL INSTITUTION AND NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE, so the whole debate is pointless. Whether or not I can get married has absolutely nothing to do with what the Bible says about it, or any other holy book.

This is the last time I'm saying all of this to you. You should have understood already, since people like Krista and Stew have already explained it much better as I know they can.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB
bull****.
I'm sorry,but some of you ARE trying to push Brwn_eyes out of this forum based on the fact that you don't agree with Brwn_eyes' differing views.
You seem to want it to be all ass-kissing & sweetness here where everyone agrees all the time. That's not reality.
Thank you Mike. Finally someone UNDERSTANDS what being able to have different views means
Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

You're right about the latter part of that - nothing in life is that simple. You said something similar on the BN board a while back. I believe you said that no one who votes for George Bush cares about others (correct me if I'm wrong). For someone who wants understanding, you seem to have a difficult time understanding others. And this kind of divisive rhetoric will win over no one to your cause.

I think it's a shame, because you're an intelligent person. I hope one day you learn to be tolerant of those who disagree with you, and judge people on a personal level rather than by whether or not they agree with your views on gay marriage.

Calling everyone who disagrees with you "hateful" is no better than Ann Coulter classifying everyone who disagrees with her as "scum." So I guess this is an appropriate thread for your comments.

I hope this post doesn't make me hateful in your eyes, Hilary. Because that would sadden me greatly.

Old 01-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB
bull****.
Everyone doesn't always agree but we still care about each other. However, you cannot say that you care about your gay, lesbian, or bisexual friend if you think he or she does not deserve to be able to marry his or her partner. That's not bull****. Sorry. And, yes, I am attempting to push someone out of the forum because his or her differing views are more than just differing, they're downright intolerant and discriminatory against a minority group.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Once again, what's right is not always what's popular.

Okay, stop saying you love me, even if you mean it in a Christian way. It's still f*cking ludicrous. For the umpteenth time, HOMOSEXUALITY IS NOT A LIFESTYLE ANY MORE THAN HETEROSEXUALITY IS. And, for the last time, it is hateful and discriminatory to say that the institution of marriage is an exclusive club designed for heterosexuals only. It's as though heterosexuals are better than homosexuals and are the only ones entitled to that institution, which is one that is very meaningful to many, including me. And, it is hateful to say you are against my "lifestyle" because it's a part of who I am! It is me! I cannot be separated from it! I can't say "I love you, but I totally disapprove of your straight lifestyle, which is against my beliefs," because that would be absolutely ridiculous, and it's the same damn thing and you just refuse to see that. Even you said that you think people are born gay. Then it obviously is a part of who I am. Sorry, if you hate homosexuality, you hate me. I am one of them. Stop trying to separate them so you can sleep better at night and convince yourself that you're doing right by your religion and not hating. Please. And, in addition to all of that MARRIAGE IS A CIVIL INSTITUTION AND NOT A RELIGIOUS ONE, so the whole debate is pointless. Whether or not I can get married has absolutely nothing to do with what the Bible says about it, or any other holy book.

This is the last time I'm saying all of this to you. You should have understood already, since people like Krista and Stew have already explained it much better as I know they can.
Well I’m not going to apologize any longer for having a different view of gay marriage then you do. And I’m not going to apologize for your lack of reality if you actually think the majority of American supports same-sex marriage.

BUT, that said. I don't hate you. And I really would like to get along...so see you on the FM boards hopefully!
Old 01-18-2005, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If Brown Eyes had done a simple search, he would have seen numerous threads where we discussed the Dan Rather incident. But for you, Nancy, I'll state my liberal position on it once more.

CBS and Dan Rather did journalism and the race to get Bush out of the White House a huge disservice. Their behavior was disgraceful and there's no other way to say it. Calling it sloppy journalism doesn't even scratch the surface.

As for that piece of trash that was posted and written by Coulter, I find it distasteful and cheap. She's still perpetuating the lie that Bill Clinton is a rapist. And us liberals are scum? Gimme a break.
Thanks, diss. I appreciate it. I hope everyone follows your lead and takes the disturbing personal edge off of this thread.