Gypsy 20 32.26%
Little Lies 7 11.29%
Thrown Down 1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I have started a new thread

Due to the various discussions that have compromised the integrity of my nominations for Favorite Rumours Era song, I have started a new thread about the Say You Will Rumours/Post Rumours debate.

Please keep this thread about the "battle of the songs", and NOT about the "Battle of the Ledgies"! I really would appreciate it alot!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I'm sorry, but for Buddha sake. Do we really want a repeat of what happened last night? Everybody just chill out and stop getting so touchy. It's all well and good having opinions and sharing them constructively and diplomatically, which I may add does NOT include flaming, but it's quite another to treat your opinions as the God's honest truth.
So what happened last night? People stating their opinions, and discussion going on? That's what a forum is. It seems like this place has become MUCH like the Seven Wonders board, lately. Fairies and glitter, and sh*t like that. With no dissension(I spell dissention, but spell checker is correcting me) of opinion.
Folks, the forums are about discussion. Discussion oftens leads to disagreement. If you can't HANDLE someone disagreeing with you, well then you probably can't handle the heat associated with you posting.
I was flaming NO ONE last night, only offering my opinions. Adults discuss. Children hide. Discussion is what keeps a forum alive. A bunch of "oh, the sun shines out of Stevie's ass" posts, with no disagreement,....well, that's Seven Wonders. And I've not visited there, for a couple of years.
Now, cmon, group hug, and let's talk about this sh*t!
Old 12-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So what happened last night? People stating their opinions, and discussion going on? That's what a forum is. It seems like this place has become MUCH like the Seven Wonders board, lately. Fairies and glitter, and sh*t like that. With no dissension(I spell dissention, but spell checker is correcting me) of opinion.
Folks, the forums are about discussion. Discussion oftens leads to disagreement. If you can't HANDLE someone disagreeing with you, well then you probably can't handle the heat associated with you posting.
I was flaming NO ONE last night, only offering my opinions. Adults discuss. Children hide. Discussion is what keeps a forum alive. A bunch of "oh, the sun shines out of Stevie's ass" posts, with no disagreement,....well, that's Seven Wonders. And I've not visited there, for a couple of years.
Now, cmon, group hug, and let's talk about this sh*t!
Again...didn't mention you so I fail to see why you're jumping on this post. And by flaming I mean TALKING LIKE THIS AS IS UNDERSTOOD BY BOARD POSTERS AS A FLAMING POST. Anyway. I'm not even going to bother because it isn't what this thread is about. It's about discussion of the songs listed within the poll.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Group hug with Bee and David *Squeezes both*

Anyways, back to discussing these songs, I saw The Chain was winning and I just realized something, with the except of the Florence and the Machine version, there have been no good covers of it from what I've heard myself

EDIT: BTW, I was a bit tense last night, so I'm sorry

You can add me on Facebook

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 12-16-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Homer McVie I have started another thread about the Say You Will issue and would like for this thread to be about the songs nominations.

Thanks...
Old 12-16-2010, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post

Anyways, back to discussing these songs, I saw The Chain was winning and I just realized something, with the except of the Florence and the Machine version, there have been no good covers of it from what I've heard myself
I don't think I've heard many bands do decent versions of a Mac song. In my opinion, the calibre of their songs intimidates people from actually attempting them. Though I wouldn't mind hearing "veteran" musicians, taking a whack at one of their songs. I'd give my left knee to hear Dylan take on Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman.

Last edited by Silver Springs; 12-16-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Old 12-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd give my left knee to head Dylan take on Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman.
Where's that beer mug of yours? I think I need to barf into it.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think I've heard many bands do decent versions of a Mac song. In my opinion, the calibre of their songs intimidates people from actually attempting them. Though I wouldn't mind hearing "veteran" musicians, taking a whack at one of their songs. I'd give my left knee to head Dylan take on Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman.
I do enjoy Hole's cover of Gold Dust Woman greatly, but I hate Tantric's version of The Chain (I found it one day when i was bored, hated it). Come to think of it, I hate many mac covers.

And speaking of long-time artists covering the Mac, I would sell an arm and a leg to hear Van Halen (Dave or Sammy, it doesn't matter) cover The Chain

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-16-2010, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Where's that beer mug of yours? I think I need to barf into it.
What? It couldn't be any worse than Taylor Swift's attempts to Mac out lol. Or Lindsey Blow-han's either.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
In all the pre-album hype, both Lindsey & Stevie kept saying how it was "the best stuff they'd done in a long time" etc, etc. But once the "show hit the road", you've thought that they were embarrassed by the album...they didn't back up their words; they fell back on the cushy comfort of Rumours, etc.
I wondered about that... i was surprised how little of SYW they performed on that tour. Could that be one of the reasons Lindsey did Soundstage, performing mostly SYW stuff?

Although to be honest, general audiences do expect to hear hits. Thinking back of the first time i saw Bowie during the glass spider tour - his set was 90% new songs and maybe 2-3 biggest hits. I was dissapointed i didn't get to hear all the songs i loved so much. Conversely, Stones or Springsteen provided ~3hrs of biggest hits, new stuff, etc. That felt respectful of the audience and why most people were there - instead of just pushing the new stuff. (funny this was all in the 80s - i thought at the time how old all of them were and that was possibly my last opportunity to see them)
Old 12-16-2010, 09:06 PM
elle
This message has been deleted by elle. Reason: not applicable
Old 12-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Looks like it's gonna be The Chain, Rhiannon, Go Your Own Way, and Gypsy going onto the next round. Now I dunno who i'm gonna vote for next round
nope, looks like the chain, rhiannon, gypsy, sara now
Old 12-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope, looks like the chain, rhiannon, gypsy, sara now
It's surprising really how badly GYoW is being trounced when it did so well in the last heat. I always had it pegged as one of the eponymous Mac songs, but evidently that's more in Lindsey's own perception lol.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Yes yes yes! Love Florence's version of The Chain. It's brilliant, she captures everything the song's about, imo.

Although, for me, although the album version is supreme - Christine's vocals are like, an ear orgasm, and Stevie's voice sounds haunting - the definitive live version has to be from the Mirage tour. I could actually listen to that all day.

Quote:
What? It couldn't be any worse than Taylor Swift's attempts to Mac out lol. Or Lindsey Blow-han's either.
Ew. Ew. Ew. Both crimes against music. Both utterly awful.

What has been heard, cannot be unheard.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Let's have cam sex again.

kidding...we talked like normal human beings...well normal for us.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only "covers" of songs I tend to like are piano covers like these below....

Go Your Own Way

The Chain

Closed Thread