Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-11-2024, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes that part has been always confusing to me. I can't hear clearly John words. I understood John or Mick were "stand in the wings" looking her singing Songbird and used to cry. He even said "grown man" and made the crying gesture.

But I understood it was Christine who said "I don't want to cry anymore", cause she also previously said "As long as I don't have to play Songbird". And John doesn't play bass in Songbird, does he? So I guessed he meant Christine and the anecdote was that she cried too, and the guys didn't know that.
it's really hard to understand him but i don't think chris is a big crier. i've honestly never seen her get weepy in any interview or concert etc. i spent far too many hours watching the Behind the Music thing to the point where i have sections memorized lol

This is how i think he said/meant it: so we were talking about getting the band back together, and chris is going 'as long as I don't have to play songbird!' and mick's going 'well you have to!' and I said (said very softly) 'why? I don't wanna cry anymore!' (and he did the same thing with his hands to show tears falling) and she said (again said veerry softly, it's almost just 's' sounds lol) 'Oh, you cry?' ..'yeah' (meaning himself.)

ugh the man is heartbreaking. that's my take on it...

--Lis
Old 01-11-2024, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Back in the day, Lindsey strummed acoustic guitar, and John played an acoustic bass on it, live.

John's always been the one I'd least like to meet, because I wouldn't be able to understand him. Mumbling, on top of an accent. I'd end up just sitting and nodding.
he DID mumble when we met him, but he was sooo adorable. at one point he was telling me something about Molly when suddenly he bent down to touch some part of the barrier thing that was behind us. i had no clue wtf he was doing and then i realized he was touching wood!! he's superstitious that way! and he used his hands a lot to demonstrate stuff, like when he was talking about setting up his computer to check email he was like plugging imaginary wires into things lol . when i asked if i could give his cheek a little kiss when JC was yelling at him to go, he looked all sheepish and sort of waved his hand dismissively. but i went in for it anyway, i took it upon myself and he did smile afterwards and chuckle and look down. omg he was delicious.

--Lis
Old 01-11-2024, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was at that show. It was a funny and memorable moment Mick forgetting to introduce John.
OMG, I had almost forgotten that!

I saw them almost a year later in Buffalo. Most of the performances in Pittsburgh were cleaner and tighter (it was early in the tour) but Over My Head and SYLM were livelier in Buffalo.
Old 01-11-2024, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
he DID mumble when we met him, but he was sooo adorable. at one point he was telling me something about Molly when suddenly he bent down to touch some part of the barrier thing that was behind us. i had no clue wtf he was doing and then i realized he was touching wood!! he's superstitious that way! and he used his hands a lot to demonstrate stuff, like when he was talking about setting up his computer to check email he was like plugging imaginary wires into things lol . when i asked if i could give his cheek a little kiss when JC was yelling at him to go, he looked all sheepish and sort of waved his hand dismissively. but i went in for it anyway, i took it upon myself and he did smile afterwards and chuckle and look down. omg he was delicious.

--Lis
Oh, I know he's sweet. I'd just be very frustrated by trying to understand him. I've never been good with understanding thick accents, and when you add the mumbling in, well, he might as well be speaking a foreign language.
Old 01-12-2024, 09:15 AM

Quote:

--Lis
This story!! Wow, that's amazing.
Old 01-12-2024, 11:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's really hard to understand him but i don't think chris is a big crier. i've honestly never seen her get weepy in any interview or concert etc. i spent far too many hours watching the Behind the Music thing to the point where i have sections memorized lol

This is how i think he said/meant it: so we were talking about getting the band back together, and chris is going 'as long as I don't have to play songbird!' and mick's going 'well you have to!' and I said (said very softly) 'why? I don't wanna cry anymore!' (and he did the same thing with his hands to show tears falling) and she said (again said veerry softly, it's almost just 's' sounds lol) 'Oh, you cry?' ..'yeah' (meaning himself.)

ugh the man is heartbreaking. that's my take on it...

--Lis
I don't want to imagine how he feels nowadays when he listens Songbird. Probably he avoids that song now. It must be so hard to him.
Old 01-12-2024, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I remember having an identical reaction to this same occurrence in Pittsburgh. The moment she started singing the first verse of YMLF, the audience went nuts. As a Christine fan, I loved the love she was getting.
I've seen the band multiple times since '97 and each time is unique for different reasons. However, I did attend that Pittsburgh show and that crowd response was just insane. I had goosebumps and smiled from ear to ear the entire song. That whole arena just seemed particularly thrilled to be there that night. There was a buzz that night. I saw them a week or so later in Columbus and that too was a very solid show, but the vibe just didn't compare to Pittsburgh!
Old 01-12-2024, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
OMG, I had almost forgotten that!

I saw them almost a year later in Buffalo. Most of the performances in Pittsburgh were cleaner and tighter (it was early in the tour) but Over My Head and SYLM were livelier in Buffalo.
The thing that made it memorable was how the band was already into the shuffle of Don't Stop when Mick stopped playing and stood up in shock that for the first time in his life he forgot his co-pilot John McVie.
After Mick's apology and introduction. Chris says "can we start now?"
It all was original and unique and never happened before or ever again.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is hypothetical, but It would have been amazing to see a reunion/farewell tour in 2022-2023 if Christine and John were able, and Lindsey was asked to rejoin for a farewell tour.

I would have loved to hear the crowd during Everywhere since that song got so much renewed popularity recently.
Old 01-26-2024, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I would have loved to hear the crowd during Everywhere since that song got so much renewed popularity recently.
I couldn't escape that song in 2023.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hard to believe, but I've only seen the 5 of them together once. That was the Dance tour, which I reviewed in that post.

One of the other shows that I cherish the most was seeing BuckMcVie opening night at Chastain Park in Atlanta. I was front row on Christine's side (Elle gave a heads up more tickets were being released). It was the first time seeing Christine since 97 and the first time being that close. She was nervous, but also very excited. Great setlist with new and older songs. The chemistry and interplay between the two has always been great, but that night was especially fun with them kidding around and Lindsey giving her a hard time trying to get her to be more out front. Being that will be the last time seeing her makes it all that much more special.

I know a lot of fans were upset that it was not FM, but I was fine with Stevie not being there. They were able to play more intimate venues where you could get closer and the sound was better. I'm sure the ChiffonHeads will argue Stevie can play larger venue and make more money, but I'll take the medium size and the enjoy of playing any day. I guess it's like Christine saying she enjoyed the karaoke tour because there was no tense (between Lindsey and Stevie), the same goes for the BuckMcVie tour. Pure joy...no drama.

Last edited by soul_drifter333; 01-26-2024 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-26-2024, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
Hard to believe, but I've only seen the 5 of them together once. That was the Dance tour, which I reviewed in that post.

One of the other shows that I cherish the most was seeing BuckMcVie opening night at Chastain Park in Atlanta. I was front row on Christine's side (Elle gave a heads up more tickets were being released). It was the first time seeing Christine since 97 and the first time being that close. She was nervous, but also very excited. Great setlist with new and older songs. The chemistry and interplay between the two has always been great, but that night was especially fun with them kidding around and Lindsey giving her a hard time trying to get her to be more out front. Being that will be the last time seeing her makes it all that much more special.

I know a lot of fans were upset that it was not FM, but I was fine with Stevie not being there. They were able to play more intimate venues where you could get closer and the sound was better. I'm sure the ChiffonHeads will argue Stevie can play larger venue and make more money, but I'll take the medium size and the enjoy of playing any day. I guess it's like Christine saying she enjoyed the karaoke tour because there was no tense (between Lindsey and Stevie), the same goes for the BuckMcVie tour. Pure joy...no drama.
Great story, and perfectly stated! Didn't miss goat at all.
Old 01-26-2024, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's are some clips that I recorded at the opening night BuckMcVie show in Atlanta and a beautiful poster I bought at her 1984 solo show. I don't think I've shared them before.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xL?usp=sharing

Quote:

Old 01-26-2024, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Here's are some clips that I recorded at the opening night BuckMcVie show in Atlanta and a beautiful poster I bought at her 1984 solo show. I don't think I've shared them before.

I was at show #2 in Nashville. That and Mirage are my favorite two FM memories.
Old 01-27-2024, 02:54 PM

Quote:

That was amazing!! and very circular!! haha