Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default For a band that loves a good cash grab, they actually really suck at it.

For a band that loves a good cash grab, they actually left a lot of money on the ground. Thats my two cents.

- Multiple anniversaries of The Dance where they could have released the full concert on CD along with a remastered DVD.

- Never released anything from the reunion tour with Christine in 2014/15

- A Buckingham Nicks vinyl reissue remains a pipe dream

- A record store day pressing of the 2013 EP….nope.

I’d never thought we would see so many ‘79-‘80 live tracks see the light of day before so many of the obvious choices.

Edit: but hey, the glass is half full. It’s 2024 and we have Street Angel on vinyl! It’s a celebration!

Last edited by BigAl84; 01-25-2024 at 10:42 PM..
Old 01-25-2024, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In 1987, Bob Welch offered to fill-in for the tour.

Since 1987 was the band’s 20th Anniversary, they should have had Bob Welch be the opening act.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-26-2024, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Look at the Eagles since Hell Freezes Over. They had Farewell 1 DVD set, which was awesome, and also The History of the Eagles (THREE DVDS), which is even better.

I guess we could never have the history of FM.... because even though they would all look bad, her high goatness would REALLY look bad, so she'd never allow it to happen.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Look at the Eagles since Hell Freezes Over. They had Farewell 1 DVD set, which was awesome, and also The History of the Eagles (THREE DVDS), which is even better.

I guess we could never have the history of FM.... because even though they would all look bad, her high goatness would REALLY look bad, so she'd never allow it to happen.
They absolutely should have done something like “History of” but there’s no way. The thing about Don and Glenn, they didn’t care that they came off like absolute a-holes in that documentary. Stevie would never allow herself to not look like she is perfect.
Old 01-26-2024, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just in the “modern era” alone they have left so many opportunities on the table that would’ve been huge cash grabs.

Off the top of my head…
-Continuing The Dance tour to Europe/world in 1998 as a fivesome
-Re-releasing Buckingham Nicks in 1998 (25th anniversary) and continuing The Dance as a foursome, go to Europe and around the world, and then go back to the States to pimp the BN rerelease.
-Waiting 6 years between Chris leaving and releasing Say You Will
-making the 2009 tour, the first without an album to tour behind, a celebration of Tusk at 30. Should have been the focus of the tour including a 6-8 song “Tusk set” within. Release a recording along with the Tusk deluxe in the following years.
-Touring right away in 2014 - a new album should’ve been done first and released as Fleetwood Mac with the tour starting in 2015.
-if you’re not doing the above, milk Rumours more. With the 5 back together, play Rumours in its entirety during each show. Release a live album of it afterward.
-Releasing a live album from the actual 2014/15 tour
-and as previously mentioned, not doing something with the Dance at 20 or 25 years is such a missed money opportunity

These people are so dumb at business.
Old 01-26-2024, 07:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Since 1987 was the band’s 20th Anniversary, they should have had Bob Welch be the opening act.
I did not know that. Interesting bit. I suppose they were still friends then since the lawsuit did not come until years later.
Maybe the band thought hiring Bob was looking back and not forward?
Makes you wonder besides the lawsuit if there was something else that pissed off Mick.

BTW, glad to see you are back. You always disappear for awhile. The board is not the same without you.

I really enjoyed the 1997 20th anniversary of Rumours release. I used to have it on VHS. We never got a 30th anniversary special and not a 35 anniversary either. But then again, would they keep telling the same stories over and over again? Or is it beating a dead horse? I was reading a thread on another site comparing Hotel California and Rumours. Even many Eagles fans say that Rumours is the better album. Its more pop but its more cohesive and has better songs over all.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-26-2024 at 08:14 AM..
Old 01-26-2024, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed History of the Eagles, since I have not found any other long documentary. But there are LOT of Fleetwood Mac documentaries. Most of them focused on Rumours, or its lineup. But anyway another FM documentary, even if it were more complete, beyond the Rumours lineup, I really don't need it.

However if the point is cash grab, a History of could mean a good cash for them? Probably, but not that much.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I so wish that had happened. Bob really merited the greater exposure that would have given him, although by the sound of it he wasn't in a great place at the time. Imagine what a Chris/Bob/Stevie/John/Mick album might have been like. He might have been able to coax something better out of Stevie than got on BTM.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:27 AM

Quote:

I agree opening for FM would have been stellar. I would have loved that.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I see your point and would have loved to have all of those, but think of all the cash grab greatest hits tours. That's where the big bucks are. There's also too many to count reissues of Rumours and greatest hits collections. Those require virtually nothing from the band and bring in more $$$, although I don't think as much as touring. FM is no different, almost all classic bands do the same thing. Rehash. I still very much enjoy the remastered deluxe editions that have came out though and play them often.

The only thing I'm not interested in is the tours after 2012. I thought their voices were sounding pretty rough and they were propped up by more backup members than were in the band. It would require a lot of redo's and overdubs. And definitely not interested in the last karaoke tour, in any shape or form. That's just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
For a band that loves a good cash grab, they actually left a lot of money on the ground. Thats my two cents.

- Multiple anniversaries of The Dance where they could have released the full concert on CD along with a remastered DVD.

- Never released anything from the reunion tour with Christine in 2014/15

- A Buckingham Nicks vinyl reissue remains a pipe dream

- A record store day pressing of the 2013 EP….nope.

I’d never thought we would see so many ‘79-‘80 live tracks see the light of day before so many of the obvious choices.

Edit: but hey, the glass is half full. It’s 2024 and we have Street Angel on vinyl! It’s a celebration!
Old 01-26-2024, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
They absolutely should have done something like “History of” but there’s no way. The thing about Don and Glenn, they didn’t care that they came off like absolute a-holes in that documentary. Stevie would never allow herself to not look like she is perfect.
Yeppers. Especially if her four abortions came into the light. And the armies of men she's screwed. Yep, she's NEVER letting that sh*t into a doc.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeppers. Especially if her four abortions came into the light.
Now there are four??? I've always heard just the Don story.
Old 01-26-2024, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Now there are four??? I've always heard just the Don story.
https://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=44669
Old 01-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeppers. Especially if her four abortions came into the light. And the armies of men she's screwed. Yep, she's NEVER letting that sh*t into a doc.
What was somebody saying about misogyny here?
Old 01-26-2024, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
What was somebody saying about misogyny here?
The truth is the truth. Pull your head out of the sand.