User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
There are so many clunkers on this album. The opening track makes me want to shut it off. Unllike Tusk, I have a very hard time getting thru it. It's just sloppy with too many un crystaline visions.
Ah, I see. That sounds almost exactly how I used to feel about Tusk, though. I thought there were too many slow songs and loud songs- Never Forget, Over and Over, Never Make Me Cry, Storms, and Beautiful Child seemed so slow, almost plodding to me, while the Ledge, Walk a Thin Line, and Not That Funny were so loud. Now, I love most of Tusk, but back then it was a no. I’m thinking maybe just like Tusk may have been ahead of it’s time, SYW was, too.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ah, I see. That sounds almost exactly how I used to feel about Tusk, though. I thought there were too many slow songs and loud songs- Never Forget, Over and Over, Never Make Me Cry, Storms, and Beautiful Child seemed so slow, almost plodding to me, while the Ledge, Walk a Thin Line, and Not That Funny were so loud. Now, I love most of Tusk, but back then it was a no. I’m thinking maybe just like Tusk may have been ahead of it’s time, SYW was, too.
Comparing SYW to Tusk will get you banned.
Old 02-01-2024, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Comparing SYW to Tusk will get you banned.
Hell compared to heaven. SYW sucks.
Old 02-01-2024, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Hell compared to heaven. SYW sucks.

Yep…..Seconded

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 02-01-2024, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Continuing on my minor/major key theme, the Tusk track list can be unsettling and fatiguing as well in that nearly every song is essentially in the major key, even the angry or melancholic ones (of which there is no shortage). It's not until track 10 that we get our first real minor key song (Sisters of the Moon), and after that there are only two more.

Mirage is also almost entirely devoid of minor key tracks, but because the songs are more benign in content there is no unsettling juxtaposition like in Tusk. It does however take the edge off the album. Straight Back is its only minor key track.

The two Lindsey era albums with the most even balance of major and minor tracks are -- you guessed it, the ones that sold best: Rumours and Tango. And of these, the Rumours track listing has nearly every minor key song on the B side, easing the listener in then taking them on a journey into darkness. Tango reverses this by starting off dark and ending with more major key tunes, perhaps hinting at the passage of night into dawn.

What information do we have about how the Rumours track ordering was decided (ie who decided it)?
Old 02-01-2024, 06:27 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I do like it a lot better than I used to. I wish it was more compact and an actual album, rather than random songs, etc.
Say You Will works better in small doses. I usually listen to only a few songs at a time, and that has increased my appreciation for the album as a whole.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
What information do we have about how the Rumours track ordering was decided (ie who decided it)?
Hasn’t Stevie always taken the credit for sequencing Rumours?
Old 02-02-2024, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The two Lindsey era albums with the most even balance of major and minor tracks are -- you guessed it, the ones that sold best: Rumours and Tango. And of these, the Rumours track listing has nearly every minor key song on the B side, easing the listener in then taking them on a journey into darkness.

Thanks for the insight, very interesting. I thought I had read somewhere that Lindsey did the sequencing for Rumours. However, didn’t the CD Rumours track order differ from the vinyl? So that makes things even more interesting.
Old 02-02-2024, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Continuing on my minor/major key theme, the Tusk track list can be unsettling and fatiguing as well in that nearly every song is essentially in the major key, even the angry or melancholic ones (of which there is no shortage).
I think it's first time I read this qualification in Tusk. What songs do you consider are angry?
Old 02-02-2024, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you could say that WMYTYTOne and The Ledge are angry, and maybe I Know I'm Not Wrong.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I think it's first time I read this qualification in Tusk. What songs do you consider are angry?
Answering for myself, certainly What Makes You Think You’re the One, the Ledge, Walk a Thin Line, Sisters of the Moon, and Not That Funny seem angry; That’s All For Everyone, Over and Over, Save Me a Place, That’s All For Everyone, Beautiful Child, and Brown Eyes seem melancholy to me.

Curious what others think.
Old 02-02-2024, 12:17 PM

Brown Eyes feels seductive to me.
Old 02-02-2024, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Brown Eyes feels seductive to me.
You're looking at me with that brown eye
what do you want to do?
Old 02-02-2024, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You're looking at me with that brown eye
what do you want to do?
ewwwww
Old 02-02-2024, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You just had to go there. Now I can't unsee or unhear it.

Quote:
ewwwww