The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2015, 01:10 PM

Having said that, if any of you and I mean any of you, make fun of Christine, heads will roll!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Because he loves Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was around long before she came into the band. Still, he loves a lot of Stevie's music, (even solo). We've grown up with it.

Further, he doesn't hate Stevie, just the way she acts , her bouts of pretension, and the way some of her fans act.

Finally, this is not a message board for everyone to honk and schill for the band. Opposing opinions and negative discussion are welcome, which is why I love coming here. This isn't Nazi Germany and Stevie ain't the fuhrer.

And Homer, if you ever stop making fun of Stevie, I'll come to Indiana and beat you.
Give me a break. I'm fully aware Fleetwood Mac was around for a while before Stevie and Lindsey came into the band...but not that long. Fair enough, 8 years and high output in that relatively short period of time. But that's nothing compared to 40 years (off and on). That's long enough to decide- 'You know what, this isn't the band it was, I no longer like 2/3 of the creative minds, perhaps its not for me anymore'. I am not personally a huge Stevie fan (which is why I rarely post in the Stevie forum) and I too dislike her self-centered nature. I am however grown up enough to let it be and get on with life rather than have a rude dig at every opportunity on a fan forum. There's a difference between having an opinion and being outright offensive all the time. To even mention Nazi Germany FFS, grow up man!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Give me a break. I'm fully aware Fleetwood Mac was around for a while before Stevie and Lindsey came into the band...but not that long. Fair enough, 8 years and high output in that relatively short period of time. But that's nothing compared to 40 years (off and on). That's long enough to decide- 'You know what, this isn't the band it was, I no longer like 2/3 of the creative minds, perhaps its not for me anymore'. I am not personally a huge Stevie fan (which is why I rarely post in the Stevie forum) and I too dislike her self-centered nature. I am however grown up enough to let it be and get on with life rather than have a rude dig at every opportunity on a fan forum. There's a difference between having an opinion and being outright offensive all the time. To even mention Nazi Germany FFS, grow up man!
I don't want to grow up, it's boring. But again, he has just as much right to his opinion as you do. It's not offensive to me. I find his Stevie jokes funny.

If you feel that's grown or not is up to you. But let the rest of us have our say. As far as the Nazi Germany joke, it was from a George Carlin bit.. I apologize if you're offended. It was sarcastic for affect.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because he loves Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac was around long before she came into the band. Still, he loves a lot of Stevie's music, (even solo). We've grown up with it.

Further, he doesn't hate Stevie, just the way she acts , her bouts of pretension, and the way some of her fans act.

Finally, this is not a message board for everyone to honk and schill for the band. Opposing opinions and negative discussion are welcome, which is why I love coming here. This isn't Nazi Germany and Stevie ain't the fuhrer.

And Homer, if you ever stop making fun of Stevie, I'll come to Indiana and beat you.
Quote:
I don't want to grow up, it's boring. But again, he has just as much right to his opinion as you do. It's not offensive to me. I find his Stevie jokes funny.

If you feel that's grown or not is up to you. But let the rest of us have our say. As far as the Nazi Germany joke, it was from a George Carlin bit.. I apologize if you're offended. It was sarcastic for affect.

I'm sure what George Carlin said was hilarious in context. I have no idea who he is though. Nothing wrong with freedom of speech, there is something wrong with deliberately inciting people for the sake of it. There are far too many wackos out there who troll celebrity fan sites.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I you John!!!
Old 05-08-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I'm sure what George Carlin said was hilarious in context. I have no idea who he is though. Nothing wrong with freedom of speech, there is something wrong with deliberately inciting people for the sake of it. There are far too many wackos out there who troll celebrity fan sites.
To be clear, I like your post and contributions. I hope this doesn't sour you on our relationship. Feel free to call me out, anytime.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I you John!!!
SOME POSTING POINTERS

...In general, the main "rule" for posting on The Ledge is the Golden rule--"do unto others..." An attitude of respect toward each other and the members of Fleetwood Mac should be maintained always.
Old 05-08-2015, 02:57 PM

The day I can't come on this board and criticize or poke fun at any of the many members of FMac, is a sad day for me. Life is not that serious. Have some fun. Stevie even said herself that she thought the goat joke was funny.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
SOME POSTING POINTERS

...In general, the main "rule" for posting on The Ledge is the Golden rule--"do unto others..." An attitude of respect toward each other and the members of Fleetwood Mac should be maintained always.
That's not true. People should respect the people posting on the Ledge. There is no requirement to respect members of Fleetwood Mac, particularly not in this forum. If someone goes down into the Stevie forum and posts goat photos, I would consider that trolling and that's a different story.

Perhaps, it is not a "fan" forum. Maybe it's just a discussion forum. Fans might not feel comfortable here all of the time.

Michele
Old 05-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The day I can't come on this board and criticize or poke fun at any of the many members of FMac, is a sad day for me. Life is not that serious. Have some fun. Stevie even said herself that she thought the goat joke was funny.
Stevie said at the end of the day she was flattered by that South Park episode -- which is not to say that she wants to hear she sings like a goat. But she said that the fact that they went to rescue her in that episode proved that they thought her important and she felt it was a hoot.

Michele
Old 05-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That's not true. People should respect the people posting on the Ledge. There is no requirement to respect members of Fleetwood Mac, particularly not in this forum. If someone goes down into the Stevie forum and posts goat photos, I would consider that trolling and that's a different story.

Michele
Then perhaps you should amend the wording on the 'What are the rules for The Ledge'.
I've only copied and pasted directly!
Old 05-08-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie said at the end of the day she was flattered by that South Park episode -- which is not to say that she wants to hear she sings like a goat. But she said that the fact that they went to rescue her in that episode proved that they thought her important and she felt it was a hoot.

Michele
Thanks for clarifying. I was going to dig the article out, but I've been so busy with house chores.

I'm a huge Tori Amos fan and my ex used to make fun of me because he said Stevie and Tori both sounded like a goat sometimes. He (my ex) was a singer. And I used to tell him, "Hey, those goat voices have brought them a lot of fans and a lot farther than he ever climbed." But, at the end of the day, he was right there with me at both FMac and Tori concerts.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. I was going to dig the article out, but I've been so busy with house chores.
Here's an interview where it came up:

Quote:
KBCO: I was wondering if you had seen the episode of the animated series South Park where they used 'Landslide' recently.

STEVIE: I haven't seen it, but I okayed it. They called me and asked me. It was going into production the next day, and I was in London doing press. You know, I like South Park, and I like the two guys that do it. I think they're really funny and I think that they're relevant. You know, they already did an episode kind of about me a long time ago, and I got kidnapped by the Afghanistan people and they sent the army in to get me. Yes, I was a little goat in a cape. But who cares? It was hysterical. The fact is, they sent the whole army in to get me.
Old 05-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Out of interest- you seem to pretty much hate 2/3 of the creative members of this band. Why the hell do you actually go to their concerts? Is this some form of self-torture.

he loves Christine and her [FM] songs and the only way to hear and experience them is going to FM show?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-09-2015, 02:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

he loves Christine and her [FM] songs and the only way to hear and experience them is going to FM show?
Thanks. I REALLY like Lindsey, too. And love John!!! Mick's an idiot, but he means well.

Stevie's just Stevie. In the past few years, she's gotten all full of herself, but the people that love her, REALLY LOVE HER. Good for her, but don't expect me to pretend to worship her. I WILL state my opinion, and even poke fun at her. Get over your hypersensitivity!
This ain't YOUR world, and others have opinions that differ from yours. Sorry to burst your bubble!
I WISH I could remember who made that sheep pic that I posted, but I don't. I've had it for close to 10 years. I didn't make this gif either...