The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she goes out of her way to take shots at Stevie out of good ol jealousy. She mentions the way she dresses and how she cant compete with it. Also the weird concert thing when she thought guys in the audience were screaming cause she jokes Stevie lost her top or something but it was really for her, Carol. There are a lot of things in the book that suggest she thought she was competing with Stevie somehow. For all the crap she gives her in the book in the end she is like I would hope she and I are friends. If Stevie ever bothered to read it (doubt it, if she and Lindsey did read it they showed a lot of restraint to never comment on it.) she is probly like dont think so biatch.

Yeah if Lindsey really did the things she said, I agree she let him off pretty easy.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
Really. And those pics make it even more clear for me. Eye color is different, forehead size is different. Face structure is much more round in first pic. Cute turned up nose in first pic, not upturned at all in second. Eyes rounder in first. Lips fuller in first. Even if you compare to the photos of her in storms jacket, which is much more recent than the first photo you posted. Just doesn't look like her to me. jmo. Everyone is certainly entitled to think what they want.
I can back Danielle up--it's very definitely her.
Still, I agree with you that it looks nothing like her. Head transplant? I have no idea. Faces tend to thin with age, but this is an extreme case. Other than the face shape, though, the features don't seem absurdly changed--much of it can be chalked up to a professional make-up job and the difference between a deadpan and a smiling face (everyone's lips and eyes narrow with a smile).
Totally altered, but it's very much her and I think she looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I enjoyed the HELL out of her book! It was just plain old trashy fun. I don't really have feelings either way on Carol. I have to say, I do get very annoyed when people automatically dismiss her, though. After all, she was there for the real thing and none of us were. Even if she was a bit nuts, she's got far more cred than ANY of us. Something else to keep in mind: EVERYONE in the Fleetwood Mac circle (including the band members themselves) were also completely insane back in the day. I am not saying Carol should be viewed as a holy figure, but I'm just saying that I really don't think she was any less credible or crazier than anyone else in that era. Meaning, Carol's recollections of that era of FM are just as valid to me as Stevie's, for instance.
Well said, and I completely agree. Every band member's recollections are at least a little fuzzy; I wouldn't expect Carol's perceptions to be 100% clear or truthful, but neither are they invalid. Yeah, she might have been pretty crazy in the 80's, but so too were Stevie and Lindsey and I tend to believe the gist of what she said of both.
And anyway, I think the reason to read Storms is more for the funny little moments of life with the band than anything else, and those must be true. I wasn't interested in the harlequin romance/tragic heroine aspect, but will be forever grateful to Carol Ann for "Not the granny panties, Chris!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline79 View Post
Yeah their was the car incident that Christine apparently witnessed as well as a nasty scene in their hotel room where she makes it sound like their bodyguard knew what had happened. She wrote a 300 something page book about almost 7 years of her life, so I am sure their are incidents that were left out. The frustrating part is that know one will probably ever come out and say what did/did not happen because they don't want to get in the middle of it. If what Carol said is true and even if every band member saw the abuse take place they aren't going to betray LB like that, especially when they are still working together.

I can't stand it when people say she is too self obsessed...she is writing a story about her life! How can she not be self obsessed

I also hope that her loving and taking care of Lindsey is true, which I believe is.

Yet another thing we are on
Ah, the self-obsessed complaint
I have to say, CAH had her work cut out for her. No one was going to buy Storms for the story of CAH--the audience for her memoir was way more interested in Stevie and Lindsey, and apt, I suppose, to deem her an egomaniac. I didn't get self-obsession from her, and agree with you on that, at least.

That said, her writing struck me as self-indulgent. She writes about herself as stock heroine, overcoming hardships and discovering her true light!
That's not necessarily vanity, though--I tend to think she's just not very introspective and fell back on certain literary clichés. A stronger writer could have made herself interesting to even a skeptical audience, but I don't think she fleshed out her own character (or Lindsey's or Stevie's) well enough to pull in her reader. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book, believe most of it, and think she's probably a decent person--just not much a writer
Old 05-31-2011, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
I can back Danielle up--it's very definitely her.
Still, I agree with you that it looks nothing like her. Head transplant? I have no idea. Faces tend to thin with age, but this is an extreme case. Other than the face shape, though, ...
Thin?? She lost HALF her head! (Maybe that's a good thing...)

I'm not sure how the shape of the face can be so easily dismissed, it's pretty obvious, and I think it's weird but I don't think Dani would misrepresent.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Thin?? She lost HALF her head! (Maybe that's a good thing...)

I'm not sure how the shape of the face can be so easily dismissed, it's pretty obvious, and I think it's weird but I don't think Dani would misrepresent.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you--the change in head shape is bizarre. But I saw what Dani did, and can absolutely back her up: it's Carol Ann.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post

I'm not going into detail about where I found this, but I thought you guys would appreciate it.
Is she the one on the left or right?

Hehe, just being silly!

She looks pretty good I suppose.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 05-31-2011, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I liked her book also. I think she used an impossible amount of direct quotes and she whined a lot but I do believe some of the things she wrote about Stevie...about her being not so nice and trying to intimitate her and picking on her. I don't believe Stevie was always nice and sweet back then...sure she was an airy fairy hippie chick but I think she knew she could treat people any kind of way she wanted to...because she was Stevie Nicks. She could get back at Lindsey by trying to make his GF feel less than.
Honestly, I like to hear stories about Stevie being mean, or downright spiteful to folks...it helps me relate to her more....cause lord knows I've been caddy to my ex boyfriends new girlfriends just as a way to get back at them....even if I didn't want the at all.

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 05-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

respecting privacy is NOT posting her picture on a message board.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm not going into detail about where I found this, but I thought you guys would appreciate it.
Lindsey certainly goes for a certain type of woman - could it possibly be that he loves the blondes?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^

Also, this looks nothing like the CAH I've seen in any other pics, is it really her? Looks more like an "older" Kristen IMO.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
^

Also, this looks nothing like the CAH I've seen in any other pics, is it really her? Looks more like an "older" Kristen IMO.
It's her-- I know that for sure.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It's her-- I know that for sure.
Hmmmm...... in that case we could analyse for ever and a day just what was going through LB's mind when he met Kristen
Old 05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
^

That's what I was thinking when I saw the picture for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
As for what happened between Carol Ann and Lindsey, I just always keep in mind that when people are doing copious amounts of drugs and drinking as well, they are not going to act how they normally would have.
Agreed
Old 05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i was supposed to be reading "storms" right now but SOMEONE forgot to bring it..........

luv you anyway Amlyn lmao!

oh and............she's looks very "normal". way betta than............

nevermind........
Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
i was supposed to be reading "storms" right now but SOMEONE forgot to bring it..........

nevermind........
Well, once you've read it, let us know what you think - it seems to be either a "love it" or "hate it" book. Or rather, perhaps, either a "like CAH" or "dislike CAH" feeling.

It's really hilarious all the way thru' and really rather sweet as well. Some of the tales she tells about Lindsey when he's in a mischievous frame of mind are side-splittingly funny I think.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post

nevermind........
Hahaha...yeah, i need to get it to you one of these days....