User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Amazon.com (USA) started putting up the individual song tracks from this deluxe edition as pre-orders, so the actual deluxe box set will probably be posted very soon. There is no way this is a UK release only.

ON EDIT:
Here it is (for digital version): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...dm_ws_sp_ps_dp

Box Set: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Thanks RichardB for the heads up.

I'll take the hard copy.No Digital for me.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-26-2015, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This will be on iTunes right?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 AM
sanders8323
This message has been deleted by sanders8323.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't wait to get this.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I saw Lindsey on the street today, I would BEG BEG BEG him to bring back the tack piano and all of that awesome guitar work which is largely missing in action in today's live approach. Besides, I think the tack piano would sound less dated than the cheezy synth they have going on now.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I'm sure they had a crew assembling this while they were on the road i'm still impressed that:

1. They actually were able to put this together while on the road and actually get it released. I'm sure they had to listen to tapes and give their final blessings to which recordings were released. I didn't think they had it together enough to actually pull it off while on the road, despite many cooks in the kitchen helping them.

2. Stevie & her camp actually ok'd the release of her songs. Given her protective nature of her past and the preservation of her legacy, I didn't think anything would be released without being completely polished and overhauled/corrected in the studio, which is exactly what they did for the live 80 album! Based on what we hear on Sara - it sounds mostly untouched for the most part.

3. Shocked that they even had tapes in the vault that were able to be mastered for release. I remember years ago Ken Caillat put up a list in his QA of all of the recordings in the vault which he could pull from WB - I don't even recall if Tucson etc were in the vault!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is the sexiest Sara ever. My goodness how beautiful phrased and paced. The keyboards are spectacular and combined with Lindsey's mournful and emotional endtones this is my favorite version for sure. Tears. Damn wat a singer she was. The way she sings it here, man. Sex on a stick. I'm 15 again.

Old 11-05-2015, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
It is the sexiest Sara ever. The way she sings it here, man. Sex on a stick. I'm 15 again.
Great quote, Gerald. In all the bootlegs I have heard I have never heard Lindsey do such a long solo at the end of Sara like he did in Tuscon. Great, great version and crystal clear.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Even though I'm sure they had a crew assembling this while they were on the road i'm still impressed that:

1. They actually were able to put this together while on the road and actually get it released. I'm sure they had to listen to tapes and give their final blessings to which recordings were released. I didn't think they had it together enough to actually pull it off while on the road, despite many cooks in the kitchen helping them.

2. Stevie & her camp actually ok'd the release of her songs. Given her protective nature of her past and the preservation of her legacy, I didn't think anything would be released without being completely polished and overhauled/corrected in the studio, which is exactly what they did for the live 80 album! Based on what we hear on Sara - it sounds mostly untouched for the most part.

3. Shocked that they even had tapes in the vault that were able to be mastered for release. I remember years ago Ken Caillat put up a list in his QA of all of the recordings in the vault which he could pull from WB - I don't even recall if Tucson etc were in the vault!
I'd love to see that list of live recordings in the fault from Ken....
Old 11-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Cheapest deal for Tusk Deluxe

The price of the Deluxe Tusk reissue is a bit hard to swallow, but being rabid fan, I can not settle for the lesser format versions, sans the live tracks.
I initially was resolved to suck it up and pay full price. I pre-ordered it from my local record store, but there are no obligations for me to purchase it. It was priced at $125.

Looking for better options, I was able to purchase it for $80 with free shipping at Target (with my Target Red Card). By no means am I motivated to endorse any merchandiser, but I just want to share my experience with people who might be daunted by the prospect of shelling out so much cash. 80 bucks is still a lot of money but it's the best deal I've seen so far.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-24-2015 at 10:46 PM..
Old 11-29-2015, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post

Looking for better options, I was able to purchase it for $80 with free shipping at Target (with my Target Red Card). . 80 bucks is still a lot of money but it's the best deal I've seen so far.
I've seen it at Pop Market for $84.00 with free shipping.
With a coupon code it could be had for 15% less than that.
I'm not sure if they charge tax or not.

The track listing for the DVD-A is interesting.
Unless the songs are listed twice because of
5.1 or 2.0 options.

If that's not it, would they dare release the
outtakes in 5.1? I doubt it.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The price of the Deluxe Tusk reissue is a bit hard to swallow, but being rabid fan, I can not settle for the lesser format versions, sans the live tracks.
I initially was resolved to suck it up and pay full price. I pre-ordered it from my local record store, but there are no obligations for me to purchase it. It was priced at $125.

Looking for better options, I was able to purchase it for $80 with free shipping at Target (with my Target Red Card). By no means am I motivated to endorse any merchandiser, but I just want to share my experience with people who might be daunted by the prospect of shelling out so much cash. 80 bucks is still a lot of money but it's the best deal I've seen so far.
Even though I can afford it, I still cannot see myself giving anyone that kind of money for a live disc, which is what I basically wanted out of this. Just yesterday I duped myself out of my own stupidity and bought the 3 disc package at Barnes and Noble for 23.00 thinking it contained the live tracks. I just quickly glanced at the songs on disc three and saw some dates and assumed it was the live stuff.I was so proud of myself for waiting until April to buy this, knowing the price would be reduced by now and NOW realize I'm gonna have to shell out MORE money for the live stuff to be included. This may sound crazy but even though several Ledgies spelled it out for us, the different versions available for this format, I had to read them and reread them over and over and was still readily confused.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Vote for Best Reissue of the Year]

Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards
By Ultimate Classic Rock Staff November 23, 2015 4:22 PM

Read More: Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...ckback=tsmclip

With the golden era of reissues now behind us, and with most of music’s greatest artists from the past now collected on box sets of every size and shape, what’s left? Some of classic rock’s biggest names expanded their back catalogs in 2015 by digging deep in their vaults for new looks at old works.
From Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin to Fleetwood Mac and Bruce Springsteen, the idea behind 2015’s best reissues was to grab a classic album or period (say, Springsteen’s classic The River album from 1980) and add a whole bunch of outtakes, alternate versions and live cuts from the era to document the process of the making of the LP (the Boss even included the original single-record version of the album).

But which of these 15 reissues was the year’s best? Depends. Do you prefer exhaustive chronicles of a particular period of an artist’s prolific career (see the latest volume of Dylan’s Bootleg Series) or just newly remastered vinyl that reveals fresh perspectives on music that’s now more than 40 years old (see Lynyrd Skynyrd‘s six-LP box set)?

For the next several weeks, your vote counts in the 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards. Vote now for the Reissue of the Year (and all of the other categories while you’re at it). The polls will stay open until 11:59PM ET on Jan. 4, 2016. And you can vote once an hour every day until then, just in case you have some free time during the holidays.

Thank you for voting! This poll closes January 4, 2016, at 11:59PM ET. The results will be revealed at that time. You can vote once an hour until then!
The Beatles, '1+' 7.79%

David Bowie, 'Five Years: 1969-1973' 1.74%

Bob Dylan, 'The Cutting Edge: 1965-1966'' 2.65%

Fleetwood Mac, 'Tusk: Deluxe Edition' 3.07%

Judas Priest, 'Defenders of the Faith: 30th Anniversary Edition' 6.8%

Led Zeppelin Reissues 20.9%

'Lynyrd Skynyrd' (Six-LP Box) 2.74%

Paul McCartney Deluxe Editions 1.99%

Van Morrison Expanded Reissues 0.66%

Jimmy Page, 'Sound Tracks' 0.17%

The Rolling Stones, 'Sticky Fingers (Deluxe Edition)' 5.47%

Rush Vinyl Reissues 39.72%

Bruce Springsteen, 'The Ties That Bind' 4.64%

The Velvet Underground, 'Loaded: 45th Anniversary Edition' 0.66%

Roger Waters, 'Amused to Death' Expanded Reissue 1%

Read More: Reissue of the Year: 2015 Ultimate Classic Rock Awards | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/2015-...ckback=tsmclip
Old 12-03-2015, 03:20 PM

Default Fleetwood Mac, ‘Tusk: Deluxe Edition': Album Review

Fleetwood Mac, ‘Tusk: Deluxe Edition': Album Review
By Michael Gallucci December 3, 2015 11:25 AM

Had Fleetwood Mac played it safe after Rumours, they probably could have made another gajillion-selling album. Instead, they handed the reins to singer and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and allowed him to steer the follow-up to one of the 20th century’s biggest LPs to wherever he wanted (with a few detours along the way).

The result was 1979’s double-LP Tusk, a much-delayed, over-budget and sprawling masterwork that often played out like Fleetwood Mac’s version of the Beatles‘ White Album: three distinct singer-songwriters hashing out their solo compositions while the rest of the group played backing band. And it was, if you believed what you read at the time, a total bomb.

But 36 years later, Tusk stands as one of rock’s most underrated and rewarding albums, a complex and layer-revealing work that offers new perspectives and treasures with each listen. A new five-disc Deluxe Edition doesn’t so much give fresh insight to the record as it provides a behind-the-scenes peek at its formation and development, as well as the occasional struggles the band endured during its long and difficult birth.

The original two-LP set is expanded with discs of single remixes, outtakes, session leftovers, live cuts from the 1979-80 tour in support of the album and the entire record made up of mostly previously unreleased versions of the 20 songs. It’s as often fascinating as it is repetitive: Even for an album built on textures and detailed studio assembling, multiple takes on the title track and “I Know I’m Not Wrong” begin to get tedious after the fourth pass.

Still, alternate versions of “Over & Over” (the ambiance-soaked Christine McVie ballad that opens the album), “The Ledge,” “That’s All for Everyone” and “Brown Eyes” (with early member Peter Green prominently sitting in) show just how meticulous the recordings were … and just how much the band was slowly unraveling. Buckingham is clearly in control here, injecting flashes of weirdness and brilliance into the project. Stevie Nicks‘ contributions tend to be the least affected by his mad-scientist tinkering, but even they go deeper than Rumours‘ most intricate tracks.

Tusk: Deluxe Edition doesn’t show us much in the way of how skeletal demos evolved into multi-layered art pieces, though — it’s not that kind of box. If anything, it leads us to believe that most of these songs were fully structured by the time Fleetwood Mac began recording. And radio mixes of “Think About Me” and “Not That Funny” prove that even after the LP’s release, some cuts took on even newer forms.

It’s a lot to get through — more than 80 songs in all — and parts of it seem like padding (the live tracks, mostly from 1975’s self-titled album, Rumours and Tusk, sound diluted without their studio adornments). But the original album is worth diving into again, if only to revisit one of the era’s most undervalued works, a bold record made by a superstar band willing to risk its place at the top for its art.

Read More: Fleetwood Mac, 'Tusk: Deluxe Edition': Album Review | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ckback=tsmclip
Old 12-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously, it's completely ridiculous they put like seven outtakes of I Know I'm Not Wrong and Tusk in the deluxe package. One of each would have been enough, that's a lot of space they could have used for outtakes and/or alternate versions of other songs. Sara, for instance, the only unreleased version of Sara in the deluxe package is the live track we got a month ago.