Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-06-2023, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They probably had someone fired at CBS!!
The most extreme and pathetic thing the band ever did to erase Bob was on the Behind The Music segment that came out right after The Dance and was around the time that Bob sued the band. When going through the entire Fleetwood Mac history, the history totally skips Bob's era. It's like the band came to the states and immediately hired Stevie and Lindsey. Even worse, they show the back cover of Heroes Are Hard To Find and they purposely cut Bob out of the photo. He's on the far right and he is clipped off the photo.
I want to know who did this and who told them to do this. Its just as bad when Eddie Van Halen had Michael Anthony scrubbed from the band's website. No mention or photos yet he was so instrumental to the band.
Old 11-06-2023, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
CBS Sunday Morning had a segment about the Hollywood sign and the history behind it. When talking about famous people who've taken their photos in front of it they showed a pic of Fleetwood Mac-- John, Mick, Bob, and Christine.
There are several shots from that day. I only knew the one included in Mick's coffee table book, but they appear more serious than this:

Old 11-06-2023, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The most extreme and pathetic thing the band ever did to erase Bob was on the Behind The Music segment that came out right after The Dance and was around the time that Bob sued the band. When going through the entire Fleetwood Mac history, the history totally skips Bob's era. It's like the band came to the states and immediately hired Stevie and Lindsey. Even worse, they show the back cover of Heroes Are Hard To Find and they purposely cut Bob out of the photo. He's on the far right and he is clipped off the photo.
I want to know who did this and who told them to do this. Its just as bad when Eddie Van Halen had Michael Anthony scrubbed from the band's website. No mention or photos yet he was so instrumental to the band.
It's sad. And people blame Christine for the RRHOF and I've heard nothing from anyone (except Wendy) that Christine was the cause. And, I don't believe that to be true. And it's not just that I don't want to believe it, it's just that Wendy was kind of crazy and everything I've heard was: that Christine and Bob got along well. The lawsuit was a sore spot yes, but erasing someone's history, not her style.
Old 11-06-2023, 01:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
There are several shots from that day. I only knew the one included in Mick's coffee table book, but they appear more serious than this:

it was this photo shoot but not this photo.

apparently you can still hike up near it; they interviewed and followed a tour guide who does just that.
Old 11-06-2023, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
it was this photo shoot but not this photo.

apparently you can still hike up near it; they interviewed and followed a tour guide who does just that.
I love that photo! It brings me back to that time/era.
Old 11-06-2023, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
It's sad. And people blame Christine for the RRHOF and I've heard nothing from anyone (except Wendy) that Christine was the cause. And, I don't believe that to be true. And it's not just that I don't want to believe it, it's just that Wendy was kind of crazy and everything I've heard was: that Christine and Bob got along well. The lawsuit was a sore spot yes, but erasing someone's history, not her style.
Bob's lawsuit hit the band at their darkest hour just after Time. Even though Bob was asking for little money, it was too much for Mick. Chris always backs Mick and I can see Bob calling Chris but she probably balked and sort of ended up being blamed because maybe she was the only one to talk to him. But regardless this was a band decision to exclude Bob (minus Stevie and Lindsey). The Behind The Music segment had to be a coordinated effort with VH1 and someone in the band almost serving as editor. I cant see Chris caring what was in the band's documentary. It had to be someone petty, big on retribution, and not caring the band's legacy was being shown properly.
All arrows point to Mick
Old 11-08-2023, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Bob's lawsuit hit the band at their darkest hour just after Time. Even though Bob was asking for little money, it was too much for Mick. Chris always backs Mick and I can see Bob calling Chris but she probably balked and sort of ended up being blamed because maybe she was the only one to talk to him. But regardless this was a band decision to exclude Bob (minus Stevie and Lindsey). The Behind The Music segment had to be a coordinated effort with VH1 and someone in the band almost serving as editor. I cant see Chris caring what was in the band's documentary. It had to be someone petty, big on retribution, and not caring the band's legacy was being shown properly.
All arrows point to Mick
I dunno.... Mick has always tended to fall into the mediator role... even when he got slings from Lindsey or Stevie or whomever, he tended to mend fences fairly well. He and Lindsey patched things up pretty soon after the firing by Stevie etc.

Honestly, I know everyone will push back on this, but the person I can see having a personality where once they cut someone out of their life, it's done and they never look back is John. He's just no nonsense, no bull****, no drama in what he wants to put up with and... I don't think he actively would go around with anger towards Bob or that kind of thing... I think it's more the opposite....once the door is closed for him, it just stays closed.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard Bob Welch's solo version of Sentimental Lady on the radio.
Old 11-10-2023, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I just heard Bob Welch's solo version of Sentimental Lady on the radio.
Local radio or Sirius?
Old 11-10-2023, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Local radio or Sirius?
Local radio. I don't even know the call letters. 94.5 FM in Nashville. They call themselves hippie radio, but there's no grateful dead or anything. They don't beat you to death with Hotel California or GYOW. They play tons of stuff I've not heard for 30 years.
Old 11-11-2023, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Local radio. I don't even know the call letters. 94.5 FM in Nashville. They call themselves hippie radio, but there's no grateful dead or anything. They don't beat you to death with Hotel California or GYOW. They play tons of stuff I've not heard for 30 years.
sounds wonderful
Old 11-13-2023, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Sara is now playing on my hippie radio.

It's like a f*cking time machine!
Old 11-13-2023, 09:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

I heard "I Don't Want to Know" a few days ago out in the wild. It was a pleasant surprise.
Old 11-14-2023, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I heard "I Don't Want to Know" a few days ago out in the wild. It was a pleasant surprise.
define "out in the wild"
Old 11-19-2023, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard Hold Me in a Wendy's on the Florida Alabama line.