The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Ledgie

Congratulations Wouter Wuijk, it is definitly the Stockholm April 1, 1970 concert and you also have got the complete show there!
Old 09-17-2006, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by librax2 View Post
How does one get a copy of this recording? Is it a bootleg?
Hi librax2,
Yes, it is a bootleg. If you’re not in the trading swamp you’ll have to find a generous collector (or get in to it yourself), to get it….. ;.)
Old 09-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Ledgie

Guess that leaves me out then. I know nothing about swamps
Old 09-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Ledgie

As said before, it is the complete setlist for the Stockholm April 1, 1970, concert you have got there.
After some digging I found an incomplete setlist for what is supposed to be the Stockholm April 1, 1969, concert:
1. Like It this Way
2. All Over Again
3. Great Balls of Fire
4. Need Your Love So Bad
5. Tutti Frutti
6. Before The Beginning
7. My Babe
8. Jumping At Shadows
9. Stop Messin’ Around
10. Coming Your Way

I'm sure they played more songs than that. Anyone who can complete the list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
That would be nice, I have a recording presumably Stockholm april 1, 1970. Here are the tracks (2CD):
Disc 1:
1. Foxtrot instrumental (4.14)
2. Underway (15.45)
3. Rolling man (8.42)
4. World in harmony (3.49)
5. Only you (4.09)
6. Madison blues (3.23)
7. My baby's gone (4.19)
8. Instrumental improvisation (3.39)
9. I've got a mind to give up living (8.00)
10. The green manalishi (19.58)

Disc 2:
1. Coming your way (10.03)
2. Loving kind (3.21)
3. Stranger blues (5.07)
4. Tiger (4.06)
5. Albatross (3.43)
6. Rattlesnake shake (23.10)
7. Twist and shout (14.09)

Perhaps you can compare with your setlist?
On the other hand, Sharksfan pointed out that Peter didn't write Manalishi until late 1969.... By coincidence they played Stockholm april 1 on two consecutive years (could be a joke, april fool )?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogon View Post
As said before, it is the complete setlist for the Stockholm April 1, 1970, concert you have got there.
After some digging I found an incomplete setlist for what is supposed to be the Stockholm April 1, 1969, concert:
1. Like It this Way
2. All Over Again
3. Great Balls of Fire
4. Need Your Love So Bad
5. Tutti Frutti
6. Before The Beginning
7. My Babe
8. Jumping At Shadows
9. Stop Messin’ Around
10. Coming Your Way

I'm sure they played more songs than that. Anyone who can complete the list?
I've seen this tracklisting that's supposed to be from 1 April 1969 too, though I have not heard this show. I suspect the last three tracks listed may be from a different show, as there are two other tracks that seem to be from the same recording that come after "Coming Your Way" - "All Over Again" and "Rollin' Man" (I do have those five). Not likely they would have played "All Over Again" twice during one show.

As you mention, that looks like an incomplete show but it may be all that survives. The track order may not be the original one either.....hard to say for sure without hearing the recording though.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
I've seen this tracklisting that's supposed to be from 1 April 1969 too, though I have not heard this show. I suspect the last three tracks listed may be from a different show, as there are two other tracks that seem to be from the same recording that come after "Coming Your Way" - "All Over Again" and "Rollin' Man" (I do have those five). Not likely they would have played "All Over Again" twice during one show.

As you mention that looks like an incomplete show but it may be all that survives. The track order may not be the original one either.....hard to say for sure without hearing the recording though.
I have seen, and heard, a tracklisting/tape which starts with the last three of my previous list ("JAS", "SMA" and "CYW") and continues with "All Over Again" and "Rolling Man" but those two tracks comes from the April 1, 1970, concert.
This tape, which really is a mixture of performances in Sweden, continues with "San Ho Say" and "I'm So Lonely" (="Without You") from the Golden Circle concert November (17?) 1968.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have seen, and heard, a tracklisting/tape which starts with the last three of my previous list ("JAS", "SMA" and "CYW") and continues with "All Over Again" and "Rolling Man" but those two tracks comes from the April 1, 1970, concert.
This tape, which really is a mixture of performances in Sweden, continues with "San Ho Say" and "I'm So Lonely" (="Without You") from the Golden Circle concert November (17?) 1968.
Thanks for the info, Dogon. I'll have to compare "All Over Again" and "Rollin' Man" to the 1 April 1970 recording. I've seen those five tracks listed as being from the 4 November '69 show but I don't believe that's correct.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Tanks for coming up with a potential setlist for 1969-04-01. When it comes to Golden Circle I noticed a poster indicating that they played Falkoner Centret Copenhagen, Denmark 1968-11-17. All these uncertain dates and venues really makes things hard...
By the way, it's someting strange about the 1968 "Golden Circle" concert (this is one of my favorites). Playing is great but something is missing, poosibly songs, and I can't hear Spencer anywhere (on the other hand I've played a lot of loud Marshall amps during the years.....).