Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The Bay Area's Golden Man

Well, not like you all haven't heard the Cupertino review, and I am SOOOOO dragging in ever getting a review to a board, but I just wanted to chime in w/ my 2 cents worth about the show and my wonderful pic.

The show didn't stand out to me as either one of his best, but certainly not a bad show. There is something about the Bay Area for Stevie & Lindsey that is going to make them ring a little more than say any other city. Each stop is important to them to please their fans, but nothing like a home coming show. In attendence ofcourse were Javier & Bob of Fritz. I had wished to stop them and say something as I think that they are really nice guys, and at the show last year @ Palace, they had walked thru the crowd unrecognized w/ Javier saying "no autographs please" in a jest tone. Sadly though they are part of the BN legend, and I wish they did get their props. W/out them there would not have been a Fritz. Just the same had their been no BN, but you get my point. They always have lamanites (sp????) and I think that is very kind that LB and Stevie make room/time for them at every local show.

Show was attended by a heckler, one filled w/ nothing but love, and mad seat dance moves, but a heckler nonetheless. I kinda think it bugs Linds, but at one point the guy shouted out "Lindsey that song RAWKS" and Linds responded w/ "you sound surprised!" Pretty funny. Still I think that commentary from the audience throws him off a bit cause he is so reserved and "I AM LINDSEY" while on stage. Maybe that's just me.

After the show, there were a few stragglers. It was cold as hell, and I have been sick as a mo-fo since the 6th of this month. I missed Turlock & Monterey, and it was all I could do to be @ this show. Waiting for him afterwards, a no brainer, was a testament to my adoration of him, cause not well + cold as hell air= not a good mix! After what seemed like an eternity, he made his way to an Explorer I belive (Taku is one of the few that lingered b4 Linds came out....Brett & Neil went straight into the car) but Lindsey did venture over to us. There were not that many people, but man, all of a sudden it felt like 200 people were hounding for him. As he signed stuff, I gently asked him, "Lindsey may I please have a pic w/ you?" He didn't answer me, but in the next second looked over at me, and saw my camera. He looked a bit stunned like "oh great, flashes about to s'plode!" He proceeded to sign stuff. Again I said, I have really waited for this, and it would mean so much. With that, he agreed. I was in front of him, but getting to his side was Mission Impossible. GEESH people, give a little bit of space. I asked just about anyone in voice range "PLEASE, SOMEONE TAKE THIS PIC!!!!!" and I think I may know who it was, but . Finally a girl did, and thankfully it turned out. However my friend had worked her way to my other side, and had hoped to be in the shot, but was cut out. Ah well. She's met SN, so, well..... My turn beyatch. jk!!!! Lindsey went right to continue signing, and I thanked him for the pic opportunity. He didn't respond. I placed my hand gently on his elbow and again thanked him. If you had any idea people. I may not be on the Lindsey board 24/7, but suffice to say, and member of the Mac, the single most important band to happen in my life..well, it means a lot. And w/ so many shows, and years of adoration...wow. Finally I met a MAC! Now if SN would JUST LIFT THAT RESTRAINING ORDER...maybe..........I'm kidding again.Anyway, w/ my 2nd thank you, he turned and unleashed one of those warm sweet smiles, that make the girls swoon, but more importantly, tell you that he appreciates our love for him, AND someone being polite w/ the "askies."

I guess so far we've been the only ones to receive an additional song, w/ SYHA. I have to say it was a treat, but when he mentioned that normally they'd be done by now, and that his sound guy doesn't even know what they are going to do next, I was speed dialing Pattie (w/ her CVS/CC/ Diaper hook-up ) in the event an OOTC or GI addition came out. No, but s'ok. The treat is seeing Lindsey live, and for that, I am thankful!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forledge.jpg (84.6 KB, 58 views)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 01-22-2007, 06:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

So glad you got to meet LB and get a pic!! Hope you are feeling better!!

~Kim
Old 01-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Omg!

That pic rules! Glad you got to meet him and get a pic. I'm still hoping. *fingers crossed* I hear ya on the whole "Please people, calm the frick down." when he comes out and people swarm. I realize that aggressive people usually get what they want, but I don't want him to remember me for that sort of thing.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a great pic! Congrats!
Old 01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I realize that aggressive people usually get what they want, but I don't want him to remember me for that sort of thing.
They get what they want, but they ruin it for everybody else. He'd probably be more willing to spend a little time with the fans if people weren't acting crazy.

I'd love to just see him out and about somewhere. I would keep my mouth shut and just be like, "psst. hey." Then I'd start shaking too hard to ask anything, probably.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
they ruin it for everybody else
100% right with that. Even last night with the 12 or so of us...at the very beginning of a line assembly one guy jumped forward and began telling Lindsey something, reminding him of either himself or someone they know in common...Lindsey just stared at him blankly, saying "who? who?" He had no clue, and just pushed past him towards me (thankfully.) I've noticed at the shows, people are semi-tame before Lindsey makes entrance/exit, but as soon as he shows his mug all order is tossed to the winds and people circle/push. This generally leaves a lot of good people missing their opportunity as Lindsey eventually becomes anxious(run.lindsey.run.) I always stay back and hope he finds me. I've been lucky.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
Well, not like you all haven't heard the Cupertino review, and I am SOOOOO dragging in ever getting a review to a board, but I just wanted to chime in w/ my 2 cents worth about the show and my wonderful pic.

The show didn't stand out to me as either one of his best, but certainly not a bad show. There is something about the Bay Area for Stevie & Lindsey that is going to make them ring a little more than say any other city. Each stop is important to them to please their fans, but nothing like a home coming show. In attendence ofcourse were Javier & Bob of Fritz. I had wished to stop them and say something as I think that they are really nice guys, and at the show last year @ Palace, they had walked thru the crowd unrecognized w/ Javier saying "no autographs please" in a jest tone. Sadly though they are part of the BN legend, and I wish they did get their props. W/out them there would not have been a Fritz. Just the same had their been no BN, but you get my point. They always have lamanites (sp????) and I think that is very kind that LB and Stevie make room/time for them at every local show.

Show was attended by a heckler, one filled w/ nothing but love, and mad seat dance moves, but a heckler nonetheless. I kinda think it bugs Linds, but at one point the guy shouted out "Lindsey that song RAWKS" and Linds responded w/ "you sound surprised!" Pretty funny. Still I think that commentary from the audience throws him off a bit cause he is so reserved and "I AM LINDSEY" while on stage. Maybe that's just me.

After the show, there were a few stragglers. It was cold as hell, and I have been sick as a mo-fo since the 6th of this month. I missed Turlock & Monterey, and it was all I could do to be @ this show. Waiting for him afterwards, a no brainer, was a testament to my adoration of him, cause not well + cold as hell air= not a good mix! After what seemed like an eternity, he made his way to an Explorer I belive (Taku is one of the few that lingered b4 Linds came out....Brett & Neil went straight into the car) but Lindsey did venture over to us. There were not that many people, but man, all of a sudden it felt like 200 people were hounding for him. As he signed stuff, I gently asked him, "Lindsey may I please have a pic w/ you?" He didn't answer me, but in the next second looked over at me, and saw my camera. He looked a bit stunned like "oh great, flashes about to s'plode!" He proceeded to sign stuff. Again I said, I have really waited for this, and it would mean so much. With that, he agreed. I was in front of him, but getting to his side was Mission Impossible. GEESH people, give a little bit of space. I asked just about anyone in voice range "PLEASE, SOMEONE TAKE THIS PIC!!!!!" and I think I may know who it was, but . Finally a girl did, and thankfully it turned out. However my friend had worked her way to my other side, and had hoped to be in the shot, but was cut out. Ah well. She's met SN, so, well..... My turn beyatch. jk!!!! Lindsey went right to continue signing, and I thanked him for the pic opportunity. He didn't respond. I placed my hand gently on his elbow and again thanked him. If you had any idea people. I may not be on the Lindsey board 24/7, but suffice to say, and member of the Mac, the single most important band to happen in my life..well, it means a lot. And w/ so many shows, and years of adoration...wow. Finally I met a MAC! Now if SN would JUST LIFT THAT RESTRAINING ORDER...maybe..........I'm kidding again.Anyway, w/ my 2nd thank you, he turned and unleashed one of those warm sweet smiles, that make the girls swoon, but more importantly, tell you that he appreciates our love for him, AND someone being polite w/ the "askies."

I guess so far we've been the only ones to receive an additional song, w/ SYHA. I have to say it was a treat, but when he mentioned that normally they'd be done by now, and that his sound guy doesn't even know what they are going to do next, I was speed dialing Pattie (w/ her CVS/CC/ Diaper hook-up ) in the event an OOTC or GI addition came out. No, but s'ok. The treat is seeing Lindsey live, and for that, I am thankful!!!!!
Anita, that's a great picure. I'm very happy for you!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And who is that freak beneath the beautiful lady?
Old 01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Anita, you finally got a photo with Lindsey and what a great photo it is. Glad that you got to see him again and meet him.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How fun!
Great pic, sweetie....

rbs