Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2002, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tramp, Put A Record On

I got this on CD a little while ago and it had Kirwan and Fleetwood on all the tracks I guess. I wouldn't say they are standout performances but seems to have taken place in 1972-73 after Danny had been dropped, so can I take it Mick was still friendly enough after? I think Hall and Brunning and the Kellys are great on this by the way, I really enjoyed it and all the little innovative touches.

rebecca
Old 10-27-2002, 08:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile BECCA

Yeah, I have this one too, I LOVE the first (selftitled) Tramp album (the first 11 tracks) and that album was out in 1969 (when all was still peachy apparently) and I agree with you that the rest of the disc (from 1974's "Put a record on") is very inferior (well, to the earlier stuff for me anyways). I'm not sure if Mick/Danny were still OK with each other or not as I get the feeling that it was Brunning who had called them all back for PARO so Danny probably had no problem with Bruns but according to Mick DK "never forgave him" for firing him from FM. Not sure if that's true or not though. Besides, Danny was only able to take part in one BBC session to promote PARO after doing the actual album (as evident on the live section of the Jo Ann Kelly "Tramp 1974" compilation CD). The rest of the Tramp recordings from this time (which you can find on the 2 other Mooncrest JAK comp CD's ("Key to the highway" & "Talkin' low") show that Danny was not on any of THESE studio tracks from '74 (and Mick wasn't either for that matter) so I would guess, sadly that even Danny couldn't manage to get all the way through the PARO "project" as it were due to his apparently declining "condition" (if that's of any help).

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 10-27-2002 at 10:06 AM..
Old 10-28-2002, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I own both LPs, but it's been YEARS since I've got them out to listen to.

Speaking of Danny K...I've also got a couple of ex-Savoy Brown frontman Chris Youlden albums that Danny was involved in...been even LONGER since I've heard those...one of these days I'll have to drag them out to listen to again.
Old 10-28-2002, 07:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question ChiliD

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
I've also got a couple of ex-Savoy Brown frontman Chris Youlden albums that Danny was involved in
I've got CY's "Nowhere road" (that Danny was on (though it doesn't say which SONGS he's playing on from that record) but what's the OTHER CY album that DK is on? Any details as to which songs from THAT album he's on (etc.)? It'd be mucho appreciated!

John
Old 04-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood
I've got CY's "Nowhere road" (that Danny was on (though it doesn't say which SONGS he's playing on from that record) but what's the OTHER CY album that DK is on? Any details as to which songs from THAT album he's on (etc.)? It'd be mucho appreciated!

John
I know this thread was well buried, but I'm new here and I've just found it

I'm pretty sure that 'Nowhere Road' is the only Chris Youlden album that Danny played on, and I definitely think he plays on 'In The Wood' on that album. But there's a few guitarists (Chris Spedding / Ray Fenwick) on there and it's hard sometimes to figure out who plays what. Great album though.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have a question regarding Jo Ann Kelly..
There are 3 volumes of rare and unreleased songs, "Key To The Highway", "Talkin' Low" and "Tramp 1974".

I only have "Tramp 1974", which features Danny Kirwan on guitar on the live set. The sleeve says that the whole live set is present, with the exception of one track, "Jump Steady Daddy" I think.. The song IS present on "Tramp 1974" though as a studio outtake, with her and a piano if I remember correctly. But the sleeve points out that the live track can be found on "Key To The Highway".. So then Danny is featured on that album too???

So can we hear Danny's playing on the "Jump Steady Daddy" on "Key To The Highway"?

Daniel
Old 07-06-2005, 06:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
I have a question regarding Jo Ann Kelly..
There are 3 volumes of rare and unreleased songs, "Key To The Highway", "Talkin' Low" and "Tramp 1974".

I only have "Tramp 1974", which features Danny Kirwan on guitar on the live set. The sleeve says that the whole live set is present, with the exception of one track, "Jump Steady Daddy" I think.. The song IS present on "Tramp 1974" though as a studio outtake, with her and a piano if I remember correctly. But the sleeve points out that the live track can be found on "Key To The Highway".. So then Danny is featured on that album too???

So can we hear Danny's playing on the "Jump Steady Daddy" on "Key To The Highway"?

Daniel
I just looked it up & the JSD that's on KTTH is again just JAK & Bob Hall. Danny is not listed anywhere on the KTTH CD (I have it because there's yet another outtake version of PARO that Brunning is on). Hope this helps.

John
Old 07-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the info! I guess I won't buy that album then...

Daniel
Old 07-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Daniel or John - how is Danny's playing on that live Tramp 1974 album?
Old 07-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Daniel or John - how is Danny's playing on that live Tramp 1974 album?
I guess all I can do is provide the link to the discography page that I posted a review on for this CD:

http://discog.fleetwoodmac.net/discog.php?pid=634

I just try to get any thoughts I have on an album down in the reviews so I wouldn't really be able to elaborate further. Hopefully Daniel will be along soon with more helpful info.

John
Old 07-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How is Danny's playing....

Well, I'd say it's quite solid.. he's taken the role as a background rythm guitarist mainly, and never plays long fiery solos. He DOES play a few short and good solos, but he seems more comfortable providing funky rythm guitar.

Daniel
Old 07-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
How is Danny's playing....

Well, I'd say it's quite solid.. he's taken the role as a background rythm guitarist mainly, and never plays long fiery solos. He DOES play a few short and good solos, but he seems more comfortable providing funky rythm guitar.

Daniel
Yeah, I'd agree with this.

John
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks, John & Daniel