User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-18-2024, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
There will always be those who feel and believe that Lindsey was the worst addition to FM because he didn’t play instruments well, he had a vision for Tusk that had songs where the songs are solo (though The Ledge to me sounds like Stevie is singing high vocals but I don’t claim to know if it’s her), that he would not play songs from the FM catalogue that he didn’t have a hand in (other than Oh Well for Unleashed). However, Lindsey was ranked higher than Mike Campbell and Joe Walsh on RollingStone’s greatest guitarist lists. With Lindsey in the lineup, they brought back songs like Sara, Silver Springs, Not That Funny, Eyes of the World, Beautiful Child, I Know I’m Not Wrong, Storms, Sisters of The Moon, Say You Love Me ‘09, Bleed To Love Her, and Seven Wonders, Without You and not to mention SYW songs and Sad Angel. I wish there were more 75-2013 gems added in the tours from 97-2017. I was not a fan of Lindsey before his firing in 2018, but unless something comes out that he told Stevie she had a huge belly or that she can’t sing anymore, or recent physical abuse in the 2000s and not violence from a 1980 concert or 1987 meeting for which he never went to prison for…I think Lindsey will be remembered for being the person who was right. Fleetwood Mac did a final arena and stadium tour, which would have been the same arenas and stadiums had it been with Lindsey but not with the original band.

And Neil is not saying he wishes he could make music with Mick, John, Stevie, and Mike… he’s saying he wants to meet Lindsey - that guitar player who can’t play, sing, or write music.
What the actual...??
Old 04-18-2024, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
What the actual...??
(That was a dig at me and a misrepresentation of my opinions about Lindsey.)

THE Stephen Hopkins