User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Yep, John, Christine and Mick made it all the way to the end. And were there in some way shape or form at the start.
Yes—and in many ways two songs from MR. WONDERFUL cement the core trio’s enduring sound, regardless of the revolving guitarists that came and went. Those two songs are “Rolling Man” and “Love That Burns.” Here we hear the foundation that they built upon once Christine joined full-time two years later.
Old 04-21-2024, 11:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusha View Post
I thought it was interesting that Neil told it like it was. Specifically, he clearly said that things in Fleetwood Mac are run according to what Stevie wants. I don’t think anyone else has openly said that within the band. I also think that no one among the fans would really dispute that fact. Maybe Mick and Stevie Didn’t want that kind of impression to get out, but that doesn’t stop it from being true.

As for Lindsey and Irving, I’m sure Irving has found Lindsey to be a pain in the behind for many years. But, Irving tolerated him because there was money to be made. I’m sure Lindsey‘s comments about the classic didn’t make him happy, but the Eagles were pretty open about reuniting as a cash grab and it didn’t make a difference. The difference here is that Stevie did not want Lindsey in the band anymore And it was clear that the band would still be able to sell tickets without Lindsey. That’s the writing on the wall That led to Lindsey’s firing

As for Stevie and the grievances that caused Her to pull the trigger this time, Who knows? MusiCares, BuckVie, Lindsey being rude in the media, probably countless incidents of Lindsey being rude or less than worshipful. Heck, she probably has reasons going all the way back to 1968. And she’s probably justified, because the two of them have a unique ability to be completely nasty to each other in public and in private. I do believe that Lindsey was right and suing over being fired from the tour, but after he settled, the interviews he gave were so smug and rude. I can’t understand what delusion makes him think that they would want to reunite after something like that.

Let’s hope they stay far away from each other
^^^
All of this. They truly have a toxic relationship, and have for 50 years. They're both guilty, but the bottom line is that Old Goatsy holds higher cards than he does, and she played them, ruining the legacy of the band. She demands to be treated as the queen, and he can't/ won't do that. I don't blame him. Because she's an idiot.
Old 04-22-2024, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
One thing about Neil’s comments, I wonder if “At least someone with something going for them is singing my songs” was a subtle dig at Billy Burnette?
Your comment had me rereading what Neil said to see if there was more context, but there really wasn’t. I have no idea what Neil meant by that statement but no way do I believe it was a dig at Billy. Neil seems like a real stand up guy, and I just can’t see him kicking somebody. Even when Billy expressed frustration about not being asked to rejoin FM, he never once badmouthed Neil or Mike, so I can’t see any reason for Neil to be snippy with Billy.

Still, it is an odd comment. Maybe he meant something more along the lines of “Lindsey might be happy we’re not completely ignoring his contributions to FM by singing a couple of his songs?”
Old 04-22-2024, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Hm, I think she pulled off Wild Heart and Bella Donna live, I don’t see why she couldn’t do Angel. She’s already singing so many of her other songs in different keys to the original recordings, I think with the right treatment, Angel could work. That said I am sure there are many people on here who don’t think Stevie should be singing at all anymore.
I'm one of them.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-22-2024, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As for Stevie and the grievances that caused Her to pull the trigger this time, Who knows? MusiCares, BuckVie, Lindsey being rude in the media, probably countless incidents of Lindsey being rude or less than worshipful. Heck, she probably has reasons going all the way back to 1968. And she’s probably justified, because the two of them have a unique ability to be completely nasty to each other in public and in private. I do believe that Lindsey was right and suing over being fired from the tour, but after he settled, the interviews he gave were so smug and rude. I can’t understand what delusion makes him think that they would want to reunite after something like that.

Let’s hope they stay far away from each other
YES! I've read all ledgies theories and speculations and they make sense. But always think that beyond the MusiCares episode, Azzoff testimonials, etc. etc., there are several thing we don't and will never know.

As they say in Seconds from Disaster show, Disasters don't just happen. They are a chain of (several) critical events. (Disasters never happen for just one reason).

Lindsey's firing was a disaster. And many of those critical events, we will never know.
Old 04-22-2024, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, well, word is that she kept Bob out of the R&RHOF, too. She wasn't perfekt.
You need to stop believing every rumour you read. The source was a little wacky (at best). I do understand that you're "easy" however.
Old 04-22-2024, 08:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Your comment had me rereading what Neil said to see if there was more context, but there really wasn’t. I have no idea what Neil meant by that statement but no way do I believe it was a dig at Billy. Neil seems like a real stand up guy, and I just can’t see him kicking somebody. Even when Billy expressed frustration about not being asked to rejoin FM, he never once badmouthed Neil or Mike, so I can’t see any reason for Neil to be snippy with Billy.

Still, it is an odd comment. Maybe he meant something more along the lines of “Lindsey might be happy we’re not completely ignoring his contributions to FM by singing a couple of his songs?”
“I’d never heard of Neil Finn before. I just didn’t understand it at all. I felt that I could have come back in and done it just as well.”

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-22-2024, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
“I’d never heard of Neil Finn before. I just didn’t understand it at all. I felt that I could have come back in and done it just as well.”
Billy said that?
Old 04-22-2024, 09:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Billy said that?
To Rolling Stone last year.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-22-2024, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On one hand I can kind of understand why Billy may have been a little shocked to not get any kind of phone call from Mick, but it has been 30+ years since 1987 so If I were Billy or Rick, I wouldn't make any big assumptions about anything. Making dismissive remarks about Neil definitely isn't a good look, Billy sounds bitter.
Old 04-22-2024, 10:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was interesting that Neil told it like it was. Specifically, he clearly said that things in Fleetwood Mac are run according to what Stevie wants. I don’t think anyone else has openly said that within the band.
because she was NOT the boss before Lindsey was fired. and she became a sole ruler once he was gone, which is very clear from Neil's interview. no matter what credentials existing or added band members had under their belt, on 2019 tour it was Stevie's way or the highway.

Quote:
As for Stevie and the grievances that caused Her to pull the trigger this time, Who knows?
i think you answered that question with the above. she wanted to be the boss in the band (therefore all her fumbling about her not being the boss in that disastrous first tv unreview with the "new" band), and as long as Lindsey was in the band, that was not happening.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-22-2024, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
On one hand I can kind of understand why Billy may have been a little shocked to not get any kind of phone call from Mick, but it has been 30+ years since 1987 so If I were Billy or Rick, I wouldn't make any big assumptions about anything. Making dismissive remarks about Neil definitely isn't a good look, Billy sounds bitter.
Wouldn't you be majorly disappointed as well? Can you blame him?
Old 04-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can see why Billy was hurt. I can also see that FM wanted someone with a bit of pop relevance. I'm not sure Neil was the best choice, though he acquitted himself well.

For what it's worth, in 1987, Billy was hired over Welch returning. Welch said in his Q&A that he asked to rejoin when Lindsey left, but he never got a response. FM must have thought about Bob in 87 what they thought of Billy in 2018: best not to move backward...
Old 04-22-2024, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I can see why Billy was hurt. I can also see that FM wanted someone with a bit of pop relevance. I'm not sure Neil was the best choice, though he acquitted himself well.

For what it's worth, in 1987, Billy was hired over Welch returning. Welch said in his Q&A that he asked to rejoin when Lindsey left, but he never got a response. FM must have thought about Bob in 87 what they thought of Billy in 2018: best not to move backward...
Bob wasn't a great singer, and that was probably a factor?
I've always liked Billy's voice. It's soothing, like Christine's.
Old 04-22-2024, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I totally don't blame him for being disappointed! But even as a fan of the band, I've come to learn to never expect loyalty from the majority of that band, especially from Mick.