User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Oh I hope he never agrees to a Fleetwood Mac tour ever again.
I will lose all respect for him as an artist if he ever goes back.

Will he have to bow in front of $tevie, and say "yes ma'am"?

It would be f*cking ridiculous for him to go back with his tail between his legs. F*CK THAT.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I will lose all respect for him as an artist if he ever goes back.

Will he have to bow in front of $tevie, and say "yes ma'am"?

It would be f*cking ridiculous for him to go back with his tail between his legs. F*CK THAT.
Yup.

First, Stevie would have to hugely apologize to him which she will never do because she’s one of those who never admits that she did something wrong and always blames it on others.

And second - as long as stevie is in FM, it’s a time wasting money making machine. So I guess it depends how much Lindsey values his time and artistic legacy vs making tons of money. He can bs however much he wants that going back is about legacy of FM but that legacy has been long cemented. And a single event would do what he wants better than world tour.

As far as what went in in 2017, it seems pretty clear that Stevie was first working on Mick, and possibly went over his head very fast to IA or other management to say she’s out unless LB is out. So while Mick may have been put in front of the wall by SN and managers, he still could have said no. Contract they all signed is not a contract that SN and mgmt were pushing for. Which was pretty clear once when LB sued them.

Talking about IA, it’s been interesting and kinda funny following how much hate he and his son ( who is now managing Harry styles) are getting from Styles / 1D Stan social media.

Now while I first and foremost want him solo, and think Neils songs lately are boring, collaboration between Lindsey Neil and Christine with backing of Mick and John might be interesting, with maybe Froom producing. But should be done fast and not take years.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-10-2020 at 02:21 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ In retrospect, the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was Feb 2017. She did The Last Word interview with RollingStone where she made it seem that Lindsey and Christine didn't wait for her to do an album "I've been on the road since September of '16 so I don't get their premise". You can't make sh*t like this up haha
When asked if she would do another album with FM, she said I don't think we'll do another album because no one will buy it. "What we do is do a ton of shows and make lots of money"
Old 12-10-2020, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
^ In retrospect, the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was Feb 2017. She did The Last Word interview with RollingStone where she made it seem that Lindsey and Christine didn't wait for her to do an album "I've been on the road since September of '16 so I don't get their premise". You can't make sh*t like this up haha
When asked if she would do another album with FM, she said I don't think we'll do another album because no one will buy it. "What we do is do a ton of shows and make lots of money"
the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was as soon as Christine came back. and then the 4 started working on FM album and had a great time. and then they dared to actually release it. that was it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-10-2020, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
the earliest sign Stevie had it with Lindsey was as soon as Christine came back. and then the 4 started working on FM album and had a great time. and then they dared to actually release it. that was it.
Yea. As thrilled as she claimed to be with Christine returning to FM, she still called Dave Stewart to make a record when she knew back in 2013 that Christine was returning in 2014. She could've done her Vault songs in January/February if she had to get an album done.

An FM album that would've been released in 14 or 15 would've been top 5 in the US.

Henley's solo record was originally reported to go to number 1 in 2015 but there was a factor that prevented that and I remember him expressing his disgust with that. It did do top 5 though

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 12-10-2020 at 09:04 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In 2013, Lindsey was going out of his way to be positive towards Stevie to convince her to do an album. Once Christine came back wanting to record, he seemed to have quit trying, maybe assuming Stevie would automatically want to do an album with the full lineup (I had that assumption). I think there was a perception that the balance of power had shifted towards Lindsey. It seemed like that from afar.

But then she got on the cover of Rolling Stone while they were trying to promote Christine’s return. In retrospect, I think that was the first sign of trouble on the horizon.

24KG still seems like a contractual obligation album.

Also, I don’t think she especially cared one way or the other about LBCM. However, when they got back together, the “Broadway show” aspect wasn’t there. Lindsey wasn’t playing along anymore.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2020, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It could also be that Stevie would've made an album with the band if Christine had not come back.
After the 2013 tour, say Stevie does her thing in 14. Comes back to Mac to record in 15 and tour with Mac in 16.

I remember when she was doing Unleashed press she said just this one tour we're only doing songs you want to hear and the next time we tour we'll be playing a new album

I mean the SYW through EP years must've meant something to her. Those Say Goodbye Vegas 2013 tears were coming down like rain!