Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Peters last FM show at the Roundhouse Chalkfarm

I just found this link. I'm listening and recording it right now.
http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/d...3018-2365.html
Just register and profit from this site, it really is fabulous!!!
There's lots more.

Wouter
Old 02-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just mentioned it in the "Rattlesnake Shake" thread. And, speaking of killer versions of "Rattlesnake Shake"....this one has to be high on the list, too!! (like there's a bad version? HA!)

Mick goes into overdrive when he kicks into the "Madge" section!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wouter, what software do you use to capture streaming audio? I've never tried doing that.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
Wouter, what software do you use to capture streaming audio? I've never tried doing that.
I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. It requires that your computer has a soundcard that enables recording. However, most modern devices do have that possibility.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Correction: not thast PG show

Sorry, Wolfgang's Vault mentions that the show is from april 24 1970. Peters last show was on may 28 1970. Both at the Roundhouse, hence probably the confusion
The Penguin Tourbooks reveal the dates.
Sorry
Old 02-26-2009, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
Sorry, Wolfgang's Vault mentions that the show is from april 24 1970. Peters last show was on may 28 1970. Both at the Roundhouse, hence probably the confusion
The Penguin Tourbooks reveal the dates.
Sorry
Only going by the description on Wolfgang's Vault, the May 28th date was canceled and the April 24th date WAS his last London show.

By 1970 Fleetwood Mac's well deserved reputation as one of the most exciting and original bands on the planet had them touring incessantly. These pressures, along with Green's shift in musical direction and increasing dismay with the monetary rewards of the band's work, signaled the end was near. Although Green would play several more UK gigs, the band's April 24 th gig at The Roundhouse Chalk Farm would be his farewell London performance with the group. They had hoped to stage one more London concert on May 28th with their friends, The Grateful Dead, who would soon be making their first UK appearance at Newcastle's Hollywood Festival, but the musicians union denied permission. Contrary to online chronologies and even Peter Green's authorized biography, that May 28 th gig never happened.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wouter Vuijk View Post
I use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. It requires that your computer has a soundcard that enables recording. However, most modern devices do have that possibility.
Do you do trades. Downloaded Cool Edit Pro but not sure how it works. Just did the demo and now have 19 days. I have played around with it a bit but no luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I checked out Cool Edit Pro briefly yesterday and it looked like the free trial version will only let you record a little bit of each streaming audio file, not the whole thing. Seemed like you have to buy the full version to be able to do that. I didn't spend much time researching that, though - is that correct that you need the full version?

I saw a couple of other free software options but they looked questionable - between some people saying they had spyware (though the software download sites show them as spyware-free) and others saying that the sound quality was not that good or that the beginnings of some files get clipped off, I didn't feel like taking a chance on them.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
slipkid
This message has been deleted by slipkid.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000 View Post
I checked out Cool Edit Pro briefly yesterday and it looked like the free trial version will only let you record a little bit of each streaming audio file, not the whole thing. Seemed like you have to buy the full version to be able to do that. I didn't spend much time researching that, though - is that correct that you need the full version?

I saw a couple of other free software options but they looked questionable - between some people saying they had spyware (though the software download sites show them as spyware-free) and others saying that the sound quality was not that good or that the beginnings of some files get clipped off, I didn't feel like taking a chance on them.
I use Sony's Soundforge. It's not cheap, but it does the job. There are free programs on the web that I have used on other computers. They are trickier to use, but do work. Try googling free streaming audio recorders.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Ledgie

The best totally free tool out there by far is Audacity:-

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You will need to familiarise yourself with it as it is a very powerful tool, but the results you can get are superb. (and its free)
Old 02-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd seen Audacity mentioned in some of the stuff I'd checked out but I had not really looked it up - thanks for posting the link, Norton!
Old 02-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norton View Post
The best totally free tool out there by far is Audacity:-

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

You will need to familiarise yourself with it as it is a very powerful tool, but the results you can get are superb. (and its free)
Yes, that's the free one that I have used. It is very good.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default It's #1

This concert is now the most popular in Wolfgang's Vault. It shot like a bullet because yesterday it was third. I hope this is attracting new fans to a long overlooked era of the band.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default non teckie recording

for those who lack the software. send the audio from the source out to your favorite analog recorder at the best recording rate. then digitize the recording
eureka
analog to digital to analog to digital
doodyhead

Last edited by doodyhead; 03-05-2009 at 04:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As of today, the show can be downloaded from Wolfgang's Vault for $9.98. The files are noted as being 256k mp3 files. I'm not technically savvy enough to know whether downloading the files would be better audio quality than recording the streaming audio. Anyone here have any comments on that?