Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-14-2023, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Were they starving artists, or did the drugs keep them so slim? Even with all the alcohol, John's the only one who seems to have the slightest hint of a paunch.

That kimono thing John's wearing reads is called a hapi, the sort of thing worn by Japanese people at traditional summer street festivals.
i don't really see any paunch on john...? his tummy was pretty flat until the 90s as far as i recall...

chris seemed to have a really good metabolism, she was always thin. no belly but no *ss either. and no real boobs lol. and i've got too much of all those things. ugh.

-Lis
Old 12-14-2023, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
i don't really see any paunch on john...? his tummy was pretty flat until the 90s as far as i recall...
You're right. I think he just has always been slightly meatier than your Micks and your Christines.

Quote:
chris seemed to have a really good metabolism, she was always thin. no belly but no *ss either. and no real boobs lol
One of the boys.
Old 12-15-2023, 07:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
chris seemed to have a really good metabolism, she was always thin. no belly but no *ss either. and no real boobs lol. and i've got too much of all those things. ugh.

-Lis
From her face, it looked like she had gained a few pounds just during the Time album days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (34.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-15-2023, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
From her face, it looked like she had gained a few pounds just during the Time album days.
She looked so slender, elegant and beautiful when she came back for the DANCE.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I remember thinking “that’s an untouched picture”! But then I heard her voice on Time and was amazed at how good she sounded without studio wizardry. She sang beautifully…

I’m fairly certain she had some very well-done and judicious plastic surgery before The Dance.

As for weight—Christine photographs heavy from certain angles, but she was quite thin all through the 90s. Look at the full-body shots of her during Time. I’m like Christine—I do not take well to the camera from certain angles, so I feel her pain. lol. In 2004, when being interviewed for The Guardian, the journalist noted she was “taller and rangier than her photos suggest.”
Old 12-15-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes, I remember thinking “that’s an untouched picture”! But then I heard her voice on Time and was amazed at how good she sounded without studio wizardry. She sang beautifully…

I’m fairly certain she had some very well-done and judicious plastic surgery before The Dance.

As for weight—Christine photographs heavy from certain angles, but she was quite thin all through the 90s. Look at the full-body shots of her during Time. I’m like Christine—I do not take well to the camera from certain angles, so I feel her pain. lol. In 2004, when being interviewed for The Guardian, the journalist noted she was “taller and rangier than her photos suggest.”
Sometimes her make up gave her a bigger face rather than slender face (I've noticed)
Old 12-15-2023, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm not talking about Mick's merkin!!!
Just wanted to tell y'all that you're LAME. The above was comedic GOLD, and nobody ran with it. Color me disappointed...

NEEEEXXXXTTTTTT!!!!!
Old 12-15-2023, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just wanted to tell y'all that you're LAME.
NOW I believe you are Gen Z.
Old 12-15-2023, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

I was gonna say the same thing, I'm thinking she had an eye job and maybe a lift as well. Those somewhat droopy eyelids run in her family, but when she came back for the Dance, her eyes were WIIIDE open lol. There's a big difference between her pics on Time and the ones on the Dance.

--Lis
Old 12-15-2023, 06:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
NOW I believe you are Gen Z.
I support this statement!
Old 12-16-2023, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just heard Trouble on my beloved Hippie radio.

Name the last DECADE that you heard Trouble on the radio...
Old 12-16-2023, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just heard Trouble on my beloved Hippie radio.

Name the last DECADE that you heard Trouble on the radio...
Trouble is not a song they play in adult contemporary peruvian radios. I wish the half of times they play Hotel California (song I love but please, enough!) they would play Trouble instead. So the answer may be 80s or 90s decade.

They do play Christine 80s singles.

By the way, Hippie radio? NOW I believe you are a Baby Boomer.
Old 12-16-2023, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Trouble is not a song they play in adult contemporary peruvian radios. I wish the half of times they play Hotel California (song I love but please, enough!) they would play Trouble instead. So the answer may be 80s or 90s decade.

They do play Christine 80s singles.

By the way, Hippie radio? NOW I believe you are a Baby Boomer.
I hate EVERYTHING HIPPIE. I was raised to hate the Beatles, because my mom said they were dirty hippies.

There just happens to be a radio station in Nashville that calls itself Hippie Radio. Believe me, they do NOT play Grateful Dead, or jam bands or anything "hippie", because I would NOT be listening if they did. They DO play album cuts from albums from the 70's and 80's. Sentimental Lady and Trouble! And you want to label me for listening!
Old 12-18-2023, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Watching WKRP in Cincinnati season 4, and there's a huge Lindsey Law And Order poster in the hallway.

Trouble on the radio yesterday, and Law And Order today? I hereby declare this weekend National Lindsey Buckingham Weekend!
Old 12-18-2023, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Watching WKRP in Cincinnati season 4, and there's a huge Lindsey Law And Order poster in the hallway.

Trouble on the radio yesterday, and Law And Order today? I hereby declare this weekend National Lindsey Buckingham Weekend!
Wow, that must mean something. Whole Lotta Trouble!