Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2024, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
The winner was a Suzanne Vega album (Len Peltier, Jeff Gold, and Suzanne Vega).

No idea of the album package, I also got just the cassette whose package wasn't big deal.

But months later I found a Save Me CD single, that contained live versions of Everywhere and Another Woman from the 1987 tour. I think it was an european CD edition. I actually bought it because of those live songs.

This was the cover:

The cool thing was that the cd book contained a "genealogic tree" of the band at that moment. I think the link doesn't visualize the pic so I attach it, sorry it's pretty small.
In 1990 most record stores were not even selling albums. It was mostly CDs and cassettes. I bought a cassette because I was living in the stone age in 1990 and did not have a CD player yet. Our 1983 car did have a nice tape player though.
I went to Ebay and was looking at BTM vinyl records. I did not see anything special except the album sleeve with some photos and lyrics. Perhaps there was a special edition? Or the Grammys were so impressed with the album cover and theme of Masks they nominated the album.
Unopened/sealed BTM albums are selling up to $40 each!
I miss the days of buying albums. Rippling off the cellophane and that fresh cardboard and vinyl smell. It was an object you could hold in both hands and spend hours dissecting the front, back, and lyrics sheet. I can remember the last album that I bought (new release). It was Stevie's RAL. From then on I bought cassettes unless it was a vintage Mac album and I bought the album. I did not get a bloody CD player until 1994 and then replaced all of my Mac/solo albums except RAL. RAL was truly a benchmark and turning poing in my life