Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2003, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Song of the Week

I think it's fun and interesting to discuss songs....and we all have opinions on Lindsey's songs. Hehe. I figured I'd pick a random song of the week to discuss. Say what you want, you love it, you hate it, the lyrics are great, the lyrics suck, whatever....discuss away!! Randomly chosen this week........

SONG OF THE WEEK: This is the Time

Sanity
We long to see you
Keep our ears down to the track
Honesty
Did we desert you?
Is the truth ever coming back?

Slightly episodic
Always on the run
Ever so neurotic
Still we have our fun
This is the time of the new sign
This is the sign of the new line
Time, this is the time
Time, this is the time

Revenge and fear
How can we heal you
With our heads down on the block?
Family
There is no curfew
In the town they call the rock

Ever so hypnotic
Underneath the gun
A little too erotic
How do we get things done?
This is the time of the new sign
This is the sign of the new line
Time, this is the time
Time, this is the time

This song took a little while to grow on me. I know...SHOCKER! LOL Me being the rock and roll lover that I am...yeah, for some reason, it didn't hit me at first, but it really does ROCK!!

Reading the lyrics, I JUST NOW noticed.....revenge and fear are used in this song.....as well as (my sig) in the intro to Surrender the Rain. Interesting that he used those two words together in OOTC twice.

I read somewhere that Lindsey said he thought he was too old to be playing a song like this. He needs to STOP thinking those thoughts. LOL That kind of thinking is bad news. I don't WANT him to try to put himself in a box and say "I can't play this, I'm not 21 anymore. I gotta play more grown up stuff." NO, you don't!! Remember what Stevie said "It's only right that you should play the way that you feel it...." If you FEEL that kind of playing...PLAY IT!!! I know that not everyone likes it when LB goes nuts and starts playing like the total rock star he is (hehe), but hey, you can't please everyone all the time, right? If you worry about pleasing every single fan out there.....you'll go insane. (Pun intended...dangit!! LOL) I trust Lindsey's gut, if he thinks it's good, then so do I...because he has never let me down.

Some people go to art galleries and look at the art and either:

A) Look at each piece of art as a masterpiece, even tho some of it's just a white canvas with paint splattered on it randomly.

B) Critique everything and say "This is all crap. It makes no sense."

or

C) Find something in every piece of art (good, bad AND ugly) that they like and enjoy the gallery.

I like C, it's a good balance. Even in Lindsey's not so spectacular songs, I find something I like, the way he sings, a certain guitar part, a cool line, whatever. No, Empire State is no ISA or GYOW, but the plink plink makes it fun for me to listen to. LOL

This is the Time is a fun, rock and roll guitar-fest, where we had some foreshadowing of what was to come...ala...Murrow and Come from SYW.

My fave line: A little too erotic......the way he sings it....emphasis on too. LOL