The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Happy Birthday to the White Album!

ON JULY 11th...
In 1959...Joan Baez appeared at the first Newport Folk Festival as the special guest of Bob Gibson. Her spot caused a sensation among folk fans, and the performance was later released on the compilation Folk Festival, Vol. 2.In 1967...Having left The New Christy Minstrels the day before, Kenny Rogers formed The First Edition with fellow ex-Minstrels Thelma Camacho, Mike Settle and Terry Williams.
In 1969...The Rolling Stones released their single "Honky Tonk Women."
In 1969...David Bowie released his album Space Oddity.In 1975...Fleetwood Mac released Fleetwood Mac, their first album which featured the songwriting couple Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks.
In 1979...Los Angeles' Bruin Theatre hosted the premiere of Rust Never Sleeps, a Neil Young concert film directed by Young himself. The show featured in the film took place October 22nd, 1978 at San Francisco's Cow Palace.In 1980...The Rolling Stones videotaped a promo for the single "Emotional Rescue."
In 1995...R.E.M. 's Mike Mills became yet another casualty on the band's ill-fated Monster tour. He underwent abdominal surgery while the band was in Germany. Earlier in the year, drummer Bill Berry suffered an aneurysm while on stage in Switzerland.
In 2002...Elton John performed a charity show at London's Somerset House before an audience that included Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles. In 2004...Lenny Kravitz, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morissette, Nelly Furtado, The Corrs and Lionel Richie all played the Prince's Trust concert held in London's Hyde Park.
In 2004...Former New Edition star Bobby Brown turned himself into Georgia police to face assault and battery charges. He was accused of allegedly hitting his wife, Whitney Houston, in December 2003.
In 2005...Victor Edward Willis, better known as the original cop with The Village People, was arrested in California for after police allegedly find a gun and drugs in his car.
In 2005...Michael Jackson's seemingly un-ending legal woes continued, as he was sued for breach-of-contract by a financial firm which claimed it was still owed money for a loan it negotiated.
In 2005...Frances Langford, a '40s torch singer whose steamy version of "I'm in the Mood for Love" was a great favorite of lonely soldiers, died aged 91.
In 2006...Bill Miller, who played piano with Frank Sinatra's combo for over 40 years, died aged 91. You can hear him tickling the ivories on evergreens like "My Way," "Strangers in the Night" and "Young at Heart."

It's also my niece's 13th birthday - and 7-11's birthday - they were giving away free slurpies all day and since I needed to buy lottery tix anyway, I stopped in for my freebie.

http://www.mtv.ca/news/article.jhtml?id=2301
Old 07-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Happy birthday!
Old 07-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ive been listening to this a lot lately. I can't believe how much I LOVE Blue Letter.