Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2024, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey’s songs on BuckVie

As I’m sure you all noticed, on the Buckingham McVie album, Christine’s vocals on Lindsey’s songs are barely audible. In some cases like Sleeping Around the Corner, I can’t hear Christine singing at all.

Yet on Christine’s songs like Feel About You and Too Far Gone, Lindsey’s vocals are there loud and clear.

Why would they turn Christine’s vocals down so low in the mix?

For those of you who went to the live shows, could you hear Christine singing on Lindsey’s songs?

Thanks.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think most of Lindsey’s songs were recorded before Christine returned. I don’t know if she’s on any of his songs.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-20-2024, 12:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think most of Lindsey’s songs were recorded before Christine returned. I don’t know if she’s on any of his songs.
This could be the case, it would make sense. In saying that, most if not all of Lindsey’s songs for Say You Will were recorded before Stevie joined the three men in the studio, but they still felt it important to record her vocals on Lindsey’s tracks and her vocals are clearly audible and strong - I very much felt her presence on most of his tracks.

Maybe the difference is that it was always expected that Stevie would contribute to SYW whereas it may not have been clear at least initially if Chris would want to do another album with the band. Actually I remember reading that Lindsey, Mick and John originally cut eight new tracks with not Chris but Stevie in mind, way back in 2012. She sang on only two, Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy, and the rest ended up as Lindsey’s contributions to BuckVie and one song on his Solo Anthology (Hunger).
Old 04-20-2024, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi! I've seen the "Making of" video fo the BuckVie album, and there's a moment where Chris is singing on the recording of Sleeping Around The Corner...But of course all the backing vocals you hear are Lindsey's, so I guess Chris contribution on that point was very very low...

For what I remember on Chris return to FM, her voice wasn't the same, of course after years of inactivity, and I think she decided to leave the backing vocals work to Lindsey, not because her voice was bad (it never was), but maybe because the recordings were too advanced by the time she joined (or probably as you said, because it was all pre-recorded so she couldn't add anything new).
Old 04-21-2024, 02:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi! I've seen the "Making of" video for the BuckVie album, and there's a moment where Chris is singing on the recording of Sleeping Around The Corner...But of course all the backing vocals you hear are Lindsey's, so I guess Chris contribution on that point was very very low...

For what I remember on Chris return to FM, her voice wasn't the same, of course after years of inactivity, and I think she decided to leave the backing vocals work to Lindsey, not because her voice was bad (it never was), but maybe because the recordings were too advanced by the time she joined (or probably as you said, because it was all pre-recorded so she couldn't add anything new).
I'm curious if McVie was simply miming her vocal parts on "Sleeping Around the Corner" for the BuckVie documentary or if her parts are buried in the mix, but there's a strong possibility that she's not even singing on the song. "Sleeping Around the Corner" was almost complete by the time Buckingham presented the song to McVie given that the song was already released on the iTunes edition of Seeds We Sow, but it's possible that she added some organ to the new bridge.
Old 04-23-2024, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkAThinLine. View Post
I'm curious if McVie was simply miming her vocal parts on "Sleeping Around the Corner" for the BuckVie documentary or if her parts are buried in the mix, but there's a strong possibility that she's not even singing on the song. "Sleeping Around the Corner" was almost complete by the time Buckingham presented the song to McVie given that the song was already released on the iTunes edition of Seeds We Sow, but it's possible that she added some organ to the new bridge.
I’m pretty sure she was miming. She is not present vocally or instrumentally on any of his songs, which bugs me. How hard would it have been to open the can and layer in some of her harmonies? I honestly think she would have sounded dynamite on “In My World.” Some say they can barely hear her singing on his songs. I don’t hear her at all.

What really annoys me is that Lindsey would have opened the cans for Stevie to sing. Maybe Christine had no interest in adding to his already-completed tracks? I doubt it, though. I think it was just Lindsey being Lindsey: control freak.
Old 04-24-2024, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Something is sure, Christine was very very VERY respectful with the work of the others, as she probably decided to not put her own voice, or even her own ideas on the Lindsey's songs...
Old 04-24-2024, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hear Christine’s vocals on Lindsey’s songs very deep in the mix. Their two voices blend so well and then you add the “studio magic” and they sound like one.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
I hear Christine’s vocals on Lindsey’s songs very deep in the mix. Their two voices blend so well and then you add the “studio magic” and they sound like one.
As referenced by Don't Stop, Think About Me, and Hold Me.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
As referenced by Don't Stop, Think About Me, and Hold Me.

EXACTLY! Let’s not forget Shadow of the West and Mystified and so many more.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
EXACTLY! Let’s not forget Shadow of the West and Mystified and so many more.
The Queen is gone, but not forgotten....
Old 04-24-2024, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I miss her everyday...
Old 04-24-2024, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And you gave her the respect and reverence of calling her The Queen. There was a post in another thread yesterday where one said you have spoken “misogyny”. The post was deleted. If that’s true, you certainly speak misandry because you say Lindsey’s voice is shot all the time and that Mick’s hygiene is terrible!
Old 04-24-2024, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
And you gave her the respect and reverence of calling her The Queen. There was a post in another thread yesterday where one said you have spoken “misogyny”. The post was deleted. If that’s true, you certainly speak misandry because you say Lindsey’s voice is shot all the time and that Mick’s hygiene is terrible!
I didn't see the post before it was deleted.

I FOLLOW NO ONE BLINDLY. Nobody is perfekt, and if I feel that their flaws need pointed out, well, I'll paint my index fingernail red, so you can have an easier time following.
Old 04-24-2024, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My single biggest dislike about BuckVie is that the intro to On With The Show sounds exactly like this one particular royalty free track that gets used on youtube videos all the time.