Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Default Take the dare

I dare any of you to watch the last 30 seconds of Lindsey on this video, and not be overcome with laughter. I love the man, and I love this performance, but it was impossible not to burst forth in fits of giggles. Post how long could you could make it. For me it happened at 2:40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-UL_FygH08
Old 09-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still love this performance, and i smile in the end, but don't burst out in laughter, although I can totally imagine you would. I'm still a sucker for his over the hill and far away performances in which he loses it. This is a perfect example. I'll take this anyday above the original.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Junior Ledgie

Agreed. Although, I recall around the time of UTS, I was still in college, and had a roommate who ended up hearing a lot of Lindsey's material just by virtue of living with me, and eventually actually attended one of the shows on that tour with me as well. But he once said, after hearing a fairly representative batch of songs, "Do ALL of his songs end with him just screaming?"
Old 09-26-2011, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachTroutman View Post
Agreed. Although, I recall around the time of UTS, I was still in college, and had a roommate who ended up hearing a lot of Lindsey's material just by virtue of living with me, and eventually actually attended one of the shows on that tour with me as well. But he once said, after hearing a fairly representative batch of songs, "Do ALL of his songs end with him just screaming?"
I think it's quite sweet that Lindsey has his own trademark, even if it is screams and gutteral noises. Although I have to admit that he pulled some mightily awkward facial movements during that performance. By the end, unfortunately, I found it slightly cringe worthy to watch. It was still a wonderful version, though.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

this only proves he wanted to bang sara jessica parker.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember when I would listen to Walter Egan's stuff. I would say, "I'm so proud of his production, but what about his voice? I can hear Stevie, but I don't hear Lindsey." Then, I listened to Where's The Party and Lindsey is just screaming at the end and I thought, "Oh, yeah. There he is. Inimitable."

And for the UTS tour, it seemed to me that when it started Not Too Late was really soft, but by the end of the tour, as Not Too Late was coming to a close, Lindsey would just start screaming the last lines. He held it in for as long as he could, I guess.

There's this Tusk tour live boot where Lindsey closes the show by yelling, "Goodbye. Go Home." He is sooooo crazy.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 09-27-2011 at 01:45 AM..
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What......it's typical Lindsey nothing new.....but oh how i love it

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Surprisingly, I didn't laugh- I loved it! This version is great, and it sounded so amazing that I just couldn't laugh.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I smiled about 1.30 in, but cuz I was surprised how much I was enjoying it. Gonna have to get some more of this man's solo stuff.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just LB being LB, not sure why it's funny to anyone...

He's awesome.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:33 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
I dare any of you to watch the last 30 seconds of Lindsey on this video, and not be overcome with laughter. I love the man, and I love this performance, but it was impossible not to burst forth in fits of giggles. Post how long could you could make it. For me it happened at 2:40.
His version of Here Comes the Sun was definitely more... humourous