Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > The Early Years
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Where's Blues Jam At Chess???

To me, English Rose trumps both Mr Wonderful and Pious Bird Of Good Omen....OR, the latter two should be listened to in lieu of the former (Or, preferably, the former should be listened to in lieu of the latter two). Yeah, listening to all three gets tedious & redundant.

Vaudeville Years (& the subsequent ShowBiz Blues) set(s) should be played directly BEFORE Then Play On

The three Live At The Boston Tea Partys should be played directly AFTER Then Play On

The Original Fleetwood Mac should be played directly AFTER Dog & Dustbin.

I'll ignore the blasphemous statement regarding "Albatross" (but I'll just let it seethe internally and it'll come out in some unrelated way in a later post)

Last edited by chiliD; 04-19-2010 at 06:22 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Where's Blues Jam At Chess???

To me, English Rose trumps both Mr Wonderful and Pious Bird Of Good Omen....OR, the latter two should be listened to in lieu of the former (Or, preferably, the former should be listened to in lieu of the latter two). Yeah, listening to all three gets tedious & redundant.

Vaudeville Years (& the subsequent ShowBiz Blues) set(s) should be played directly BEFORE Then Play On

The three Live At The Boston Tea Partys should be played directly AFTER Then Play On

The Original Fleetwood Mac should be played directly AFTER Dog & Dustbin.

I'll ignore the blasphemous statement regarding "Albatross" (but I'll just let it seethe internally and it'll come out in some unrelated way in a later post)
The problem with listening to all of these in a row - plus Blues Jam at Chess and Shrine '69 is that I will:

a) never get time to listen to anything other than the PG era FM
b) hate the PG era FM by the time I'm finished
c) have heard some songs so many times I will scream

So many releases for the PG era, which is weird as it only covered such a small timeframe.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default think you missed the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
The problem with listening to all of these in a row - plus Blues Jam at Chess and Shrine '69 is that I will:

a) never get time to listen to anything other than the PG era FM
b) hate the PG era FM by the time I'm finished
c) have heard some songs so many times I will scream

So many releases for the PG era, which is weird as it only covered such a small timeframe.

There were not that many releases by FM during that period.
There were so many different fleeetwood macs during that period that these "posthumous" releases are necessary
If you listen to Vaudevill Years or Showbiz blues you might begin to understand how a blues band could evolve to kild house in such a short period of time
If you listen to the Nicks Buckingham FM you go from evolution to creationism and stay there

doodyhead
Old 04-20-2010, 12:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodyhead View Post
If you listen to the Nicks Buckingham FM you go from evolution to creationism and stay there
doodyhead
I nominate this for "QUOTE of the year!".

Seriously, why did it take so long for The Boston Tea Party shows to be officially released on LP (on a third party label) in 1985? If Peter Green remained in the band beyond 1970, Warner Brothers would've released those Tea Party tapes in late '70! WB was so scared of FM without Green they buried him before he lost his way a couple years later. As it turned out, had WB released the Boston shows on 2 LP's, Peter Green would've returned to sit in for the absent Jeremy Spencer with more inspiration. Despite Green's reluctance to play his music, the popular live FM album from Boston '70 would've forced Green to play what he knows.

One suspects that the post '75 band didn't want any undiscovered material from the pre '75 band released during their "run" to ruin their illusion.

Last edited by slipkid; 04-20-2010 at 02:29 AM..